No announcement yet.

Snevl_WW Weather Warnings discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have mine running 15 min. Looking at the log it doesn't happen every time. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Good to see you on here Steve, I was just thinking the other week about you when I saw rprade's (Randy) signature (Aurora)

Sent from my iPhone
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
        Good to see you on here Steve, I was just thinking the other week about you when I saw rprade's (Randy) signature (Aurora)

Sent from my iPhone
        Yep, I'm still here, and HS2 is just humming along for me. I don't visit the board very often. If I get notified someone posted about one of my packages I always come back to check it out. Otherwise, it might be 3-4 weeks between visits.

Steve

Comment

I know this is old, but I am now getting this error all the time now.
          SnevlWeatherWarnings failed to retrieve XML from NWS 3 consecutive times
          Did they change something?

Thanks,
          Tim
          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

I'm getting the same error.

Mike

Comment

I'm out of town right now, but will try and see what is the problem as soon as I get home. Sorry about that.

Steve

Comment

I think I see what happened. Looks like the National Weather Service put in some stuff to try and stop scripting (like Snevl Weather Warnings) from hitting their site. Not sure why, as I can't find any notices or posts about it.

Anyway, I just need to make the script call look like a Chrome browser or something, which I think I can do. Stay tuned.

Steve

Comment

FWIW, even the guys at 1Weather were dealing with this. Apparently NWS changed the feed mechanism. I've been using SWW successfully for years. Waiting to hear what changes need to be made.
                  |
                  | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                  HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Ok, I think I have it fixed.

Turns out that over the past almost 3 years since my past update I made a few other changes. I guess I thought I would eventually post the update, but never did. Anyway, there are a few other small items fixed in what I have.

The only two files that changed are the main script (SnevlWeatherWarnings.vb) and the configuration web page (SnevlWeatherWarningsConfig.aspx). If it is OK with those of you still interested, I'd like to just post a ZIP file of these two files (rather than a full-blown installer, which would require me to solicit the help from tenhold again). I'll also post a list of what changed.

Steve

Comment

Sounds good to me.
                      Thank you.

Tim
                      FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

A small patch ZIP file to bring the install of Snevl Weather Warnings up to v2.15 has been added to the first file of the library thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...030#post960030). For those who are already running v2.14, simply use the two files in the zip file to replace the two of the same name in the scripts and html subdirectories.

The changes in this version:
                        • Applied a fix for a recent change by the National Weather Service that caused Snevl Weather Warnings to fail.
                        • Now doesn't turn off warning devices unless they are already ON. (Mainly of interest if you trigger events on the devices)
                        • Changed the format of $STARTTIME and $ENDTIME substitutions so that a leading zero wouldn't mess up the announcement of the times.
                        • Fixed a broken link for the FIPS data in the configuration page.

As usual, post any questions or issues in this thread.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the Feb update. Things were working smoothly up until last week. I'm receiving this error now.

PHP Code:
                          4/18/2017 12:24:47 PM     Error     SnevlWeatherWarnings failed to retrieve XML from NWS 3 consecutive times

Comment

Well, it seems I'm having ssl certificate issues on my homeseer machine for https://alerts.weather.gov. If I put that address into a browser(chrome) I get this page is not private Err:::NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. However if I put that address into my desktop PC chrome browser it is OK? Very strange. Been working for years and now it just stopped?!!?! Please help!

Comment

Formatting of Warning text

Hi all, I'm still using this on HS2 and it is working great! I have the system email me any time there is a NWS weather alert in my area. However, I was wondering if there was an easy way to alter the formatting of the email text so that it is a little easier to read.

I see that the VB code is basically stripping out LF from the scraped alert text (DESCRIPTION or a.warning) to place it into an HS device. Has anyone tinkered with the code to allow a better format for the email? All I'm looking for is better paragraph formatting, so that sections are easier to read such as the way it is presented on the NWS site. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
                              |
                              | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show

Comment

A little more detail: I am using the templating capability of the script to reformat the email. However, I don't see a way to separate the info in the $WARNING in the email in the same fashion that it is shown in the web page (see image). Does anyone have any suggestions?
                                Attached Files
                                |
                                | - Gordon

Comment

Working...
                                X