No announcement yet.

HAI Thermostats displaying in Celsius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob - we traded emails, but wanted to reply to this thread to capture in case it helps others.

1) I did not backup my HS folder as you clearly tell us to with every update ... I should have

2) The duplicate devices seem to be my problem. The old plugins would have a message would show up on the HAI plugin page something to the effect "plugin is loading refresh this screen in a few minutes". At .23 or .24 that behavior changed. The HAI plugin page shows all of the devices, thermostats, flags, etc, but they show disabled until the plugin initializes. I was enabling them, which caused a 2nd set to get created. Maybe this change in functionality was documented, but I did nto read the relase notes close enough to catch.

3) I "fixed" my celsius problem when I removed the plugin and deleted all of the HAI devices. Probably deleting the thermostats and recreating would have "fixed", but I had to do a clean wipe because of my multiple devices from enabling before the plugin initialized

I have stopped/started the HAI plugin several times and if I wait long enough the devices are all enabled and no duplicates. When I recreated the thermostats they came back in F vs. C

I am now editing my events, HSTocuh screens, unit descriptions, rescanning in Alexa, etc. Will take a few days, then I'll backup!

Hope this helps people to not make the same mistakes as me.

Comment

Sorry you had to do that, Guy
      I'm guilty of not backing up myself.
      Based on your experience, I can easily prevent the user from toggling the devices until the plugin is complete.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Now that I know the new behavior I wait a LONG time to make sure the plugin is initialized, but disabling until the plugin is initialized would be the safest.

No clue why the C vs. F thermostats, but completely deleting and recreating "fixed" ... in case others run into it. Another data point. I did update my Omnipro II FW to 4.0b a long while back, so that alone did not cause the C vs. F issue, but looking at Pete's on how to set Celsius or Fahrenheit in PCAccess that screen has changed with 4.0b. There is no longer a temp scale setting in PCaccess. Mine was already Fahrenheit and this may not be related but I did notice that option is now gone.

Comment

That is very odd that they removed that setting. I am using the temperature format from the HAC object in the SDK and if that is not reliable, then I may need to store the temp format locally - i.e. provide a setting in the plugin to convert or not.

I need to check on this a little more.

Thanks for the info Guy - nothing like an HAI easter egg hunt!

Comment

Here was hesitant a bit to update to the OP2 FW 4.0B.

I do alway update the PCA software when I see a new one.

Curious a bit as what I posted above is with the newest PCA software and FW 4.0B.

Note that I am not writing here that the above mentioned issue is related to this; just that I can see the F/C switch in PCA under miscellaneous settings/location.

Historically Leviton has fat fingered out some old stuff in the upgrading of firmware. IE: pop up cameras with legacy OmniTouch screens was gone for a bit a few firmware revisions back. I did open a support ticket and support person replicated what I saw (didn't see popups either).
            Last edited by Pete; April 25, 2017, 03:56 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Cowsr4eating described my problem as well.

Yesterday I disabled 1 of my 4 thermostats (Omnistat2 - Zigbee) and when I reinitialized it, all 4 displayed Celsius along with 2 temperature sensors. I then disabled the Plugin (v3.0.1.22) and it duplicated the 4 devices (in Celsius) when initialized. During the day 2 changed over the Fahrenheit and the other 2 changed back over night.

Also, even leaving the device names unchanged, they don't display in MYHS app.
              The "Root Device" and all the individual components are listed with the "HAI" graphic instead of a reading.

Comment

I have the latest PC Access and 4.0b and the option to change is still where Pete said it was.

Comment

While Leviton / HAI documents much in the changelogs for firmware / software updates the changelog doesn't always document everything that was changed.

This was mentioned by HAI techs back in 2011 when some changes wouldn't be documented by accident. IE: when the camera pop ups disappeared in one revision and reappeared in another firmware revision it was never mentioned in the changelog.

Over the last couple of years they have had many issues with the Omnitouch7 and have been editing the firmware to fix issues. They rewrote the PCA CCTV interface in PCA which now works way better than the previous interface.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I went back into PCaccess to make sure I was not crazy and the temp option does not show up for me. For those having the problem maybe we can find a pattern.
                    Attached Files

Comment

My PC Access version is 3.11.1.682
                      My OP II panel is still on 3.15

I still have the option listed on this version

Comment

PCA here is Version 3.17.0.838

Logged in to a couple of other Omni Pro 2 boxes and see the same options.

[ATTACH]60842[/ATTACH]

Maybe a re update might change what you see in PCA.
                        Last edited by Pete; April 26, 2017, 07:09 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by cowsr4eating View Post
                          I went back into PCaccess to make sure I was not crazy and the temp option does not show up for me. For those having the problem maybe we can find a pattern.
                          Looking at your screenshot, I think you have the End User (1106W) version of PC Access which could be why the option is not there.

In your screenshot vs. Pete's, he has more options and a (+) next to Zones and Units indicating Dealer (1105W) PC Access.

3.17.0.838 (Dealer) and 4.0b here.

Edit: I just checked the LCD console and temperature display format is under Installer Settings which is probably you don't see it anymore.
                          Last edited by bjhampe; April 27, 2017, 07:47 AM. Reason: Updated Info

Comment

Guys
                            I think I am going to take a fresh look at the way F/C temps are handled in the plugin. Right now, I use the SDK HAI setting, which *should* be the correct way to do it. However, I did notice that I am not consistent in the way the OmniTemp format is being used.

I'm working on this issue now and will let you know when a new version is ready.

Thanks for the info on this - it is tough for me to test all scenarios of panel configs!

Comment

Working...
                            X