Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue when using the "Disable automatic on with Hue/Sat/CT changes" option

Wim,

I've found an issue when using the "Disable automatic on with Hue/Sat/CT changes" option. If I have this enabled and make a change to the CT device when it is off, the next time I turn the root device on it does not use the current /new CT value. This is on "JowiHueGroup" devices where I have noticed this...not sure if it's the same on individual bulbs.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks....

teladog01,

Tried it here also and it seems to not work for any of the values anymore.. Also Hue and Sat are off once ights come off. I will look into this, but it looks like the bridge enforces its own value and ignores the update initially.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      I will look into this, but it looks like the bridge enforces its own value and ignores the update initially.
      Thanks for looking into it. It's not a big issue currently as I'm just also setting the CT device right after setting the level on the root device. It's an acceptable workaround for now. But the bulb does momentarily have the old CT value for a split second before it changes when the correct value is set, so it would be nice to have this resolved at some point.

What does the plugin send to the bridge when the Level value changes on the root device? Does it send also send a CT or a Hue/Sat? Or is it just sending a level value to the bridge and the bridge is setting CT or Hue/Sat?

Comment

Teladog,

If you only change the level it will only send the brightness command. If the device is off, it will include a on command. That will restore the last used values of the bulb as CT or Hue values are already set in the bulb before it went off.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          That will restore the last used values of the bulb as CT or Hue values are already set in the bulb before it went off.
          Hmmm. This part doesn't appear to be working. The bridge isn't using the last CT value if the the CT is set when the bulb is off.

Comment

Teadog01,

I have been testing here with the setting of hue/sat/ct values while the bulbs are off. It is not working correctly, or random at best. There is a long lasting thread in the development forum for Philips Hue about it. Philips has ummm ... been silent in their response to this thread, so I think it is not working and won't in the near future. I thought I had it working, but appearantly not.
            I am going to remove this option to prevent confusion in the future...

Sorry!

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Understood, Wim. Sounds like this one is in Philips' court. Thanks for looking into it and for the explanation.

Comment

Is there any other way to prevent Scene changes to turn on lights that are off? I would like to set the CT of all lights (automated by a Schedule) however I do not want lights that are off to turn on (with the new CT) before a switch is activated

Comment

Okstad,

As mentioned in the other thread, not by using scenes as a scene is setting a (group of) lights to a combination of settings ment to generate a 'scene'. All lights will respond to that.
                  If you want selectivity setting lights you need to do that by events, or if this would involve creating to many events, scripting.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                  X