DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    Yes I did ask this of DoorBird I remember because having a downtime that is seemingly random does seem to be a little strange (although having it at a precise time may also be problematic because it could be known to persons with dishonest intent and may give them uneven load on their server). It seems odd that it needs it at all from my perspective as it appears well designed and stable, IP cameras and the like seem to be happy to run 24x7 without issue so not sure why this is different.

I can live with it though, I don't get enough visitors to expect someone visit at the precise moment it has rebooted.
    They have incorporated reboot into app so maybe they will reverse the stupid feature now?

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
      They have incorporated reboot into app so maybe they will reverse the stupid feature now?
      Hopefully, I am awaiting the new API documents that were meant to be out Nov/December but they are still on version .17 of the API which does not have anything new post June. I'm hoping that might address some issues such as this and give me some more things to add to the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Hopefully, I am awaiting the new API documents that were meant to be out Nov/December but they are still on version .17 of the API which does not have anything new post June. I'm hoping that might address some issues such as this and give me some more things to add to the plugin.
        Your more keen that we are ;-) thank you for your time

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm have issue connecting my Doorbird to HS3. In the plug-in setting I've entered the IP address, username, and password of the Doorbird. I get the following messages in my log:

Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird Error Connecting To DoorBird - Not Registering Events
          Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
          Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird HomeSeer IP Address Found & Returning: 192.168.1.75:80
          Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird Detected HomeSeer IP Address: 192.168.1.75
          Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird No Manual IP Found In INI File
          Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird IP Address For Instance: 192.168.1.70

The doorbird works find with the app on my phone. I've tried disabling and enabling the plug-in.

This is my system info:
          Current Date/Time: 12/9/2017 1:49:04 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
          System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 18 Minutes 52 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.1.75
          Number of Devices: 90
          Number of Events: 3
          Available Threads: 200

Comment

Originally posted by huntley1 View Post
            I'm have issue connecting my Doorbird to HS3. In the plug-in setting I've entered the IP address, username, and password of the Doorbird. I get the following messages in my log:

Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird Error Connecting To DoorBird - Not Registering Events
            Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird DoorBird Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
            Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird HomeSeer IP Address Found & Returning: 192.168.1.75:80
            Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird Detected HomeSeer IP Address: 192.168.1.75
            Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird No Manual IP Found In INI File
            Dec-09 1:04:42 PM DoorBird IP Address For Instance: 192.168.1.70

The doorbird works find with the app on my phone. I've tried disabling and enabling the plug-in.

This is my system info:
            Current Date/Time: 12/9/2017 1:49:04 PM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
            System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 18 Minutes 52 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.1.75
            Number of Devices: 90
            Number of Events: 3
            Available Threads: 200
            Is this the username/password that came with the DoorBird (mine came on a leaflet) or have you changed it afterwards? Are there any special characters in your password if you have changed it?

Comment

I'm using the same username and password supplied with the Doorbird. it the the same credential I used for setting up the app on my phone.

There is a user credential and an administrator credential

Comment

I'm using the same username and password supplied with the Doorbird. it the the same credential I used for setting up the app on my phone.

There is a user credential and an administrator credential
                The API is not explicitly clear which credential to use ("Use the same credentials as you are using to add a device to the DoorBird App") however I would use the admin credential to try first - if this does not work then run the plugin in developer mode and look in the console window. It should decode your password/username in the first couple of lines and double check that says the same.

Comment

I just tried the admin credential and go the same results. I check the developer mode in the plug-in manger I didn't another window to look at. I checked the logs and it says the same thing as before.

Comment

I just tried the admin credential and go the same results. I check the developer mode in the plug-in manger I didn't another window to look at. I checked the logs and it says the same thing as before.
                    I'm sorry I don't quite get what you are saying, in the developer mode (see attached) window you should have an entry something similar to this. This is the plugin getting the values from the INI file and possibly has some issue with it decoding, the username needs to match the DoorBird - the password is encrypted (and I only I know the decryption key) so I can decode that from here.
                    Last edited by mrhappy; January 14, 2018, 02:28 AM.

Comment

That command window does not pop up. Do I have to be connected to the controller directly? I using the web server from my laptop

Comment

That command window does not pop up. Do I have to be connected to the controller directly? I using the web server from my laptop
                        Yes unfortunately you do, do you have access to the HS directory to open a config file? If so could you PM me the contents of your DoorBird3P.ini file in the config directory and I will take a look at the contents.

Comment

I connected to the controller directly and was about to send you a screen shot of the setting. I noticed the password was not correct and something told me to try the settings again now that I'm directly connected to the controller. I entered in the username and password and it accepted that. For now everything seem to be working

Comment

I connected to the controller directly and was about to send you a screen shot of the setting. I noticed the password was not correct and something told me to try the settings again now that I'm directly connected to the controller. I entered in the username and password and it accepted that. For now everything seem to be working
                            Good to hear it is working, it still should be OK setting it remotely but guess it is just a gremlin. Let me know if you have further issues but it should be fine once you include it once.

Comment

Refresh

Checking the images in html/images/DoorBird/ and i can see they only refresh to the very latest versions of d1.jpg and m1.jpg when you actually go to HomeSeer GUI and click into the DoorBird plugin and view it.

Only then do those 2 images refresh themselves

Could you get these to refresh without any intervention from a user so they can be used in HSTouch please?

Even if i use the history with date and time in an event and pass it to hstouch that is still the older version of the image by 1.

Many thanks,

Dean

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                                Checking the images in html/images/DoorBird/ and i can see they only refresh to the very latest versions of d1.jpg and m1.jpg when you actually go to HomeSeer GUI and click into the DoorBird plugin and view it.

Only then do those 2 images refresh themselves

Could you get these to refresh without any intervention from a user so they can be used in HSTouch please?

Even if i use the history with date and time in an event and pass it to hstouch that is still the older version of the image by 1.

Many thanks,

Dean
                                The images in this directory are what is downloaded from the DoorBird device, the device stores an image when the doorbell is pressed and the plugin is downloading this image from the device but is only doing it upon request from the UI as you found. Even I were to refresh the download they still are the images stored in the unit, not always a live image.

Can you show me what you are doing in an event, it could be that when you are downloading the image (say when the doorbell is pressed) that the image has not get finished being saved to the unit so is old (I had to put something in to deal with that as if you read too quickly you got half an image) by one. A delay/wait of a couple of seconds may solve that.

Comment

Working...
                                X