Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux TTS - Voices

Hi Guys

Had a play with HS Touch on a tablet last night, oh dear the TTS voice (Flite) sounds like a Dalek :-)

Does HS Voices work on Linux ? I had HS2 running with nice voices years ago but that was on Windows.

Is there a better TTS engine that anyone has got working ?

I'm loving HS on my Raspberry :-)
    HS 2.2.0.11

Yeah, the built in tts is quite horrible The Google tts engine was quite good, but they dropped support for real-time tts. I ended up taking my most used announcements and saved them and play as wav files instead of wasting cpu on regenerating then every time.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

How did you end up recording your wav files ? I've had a quick look at google translate and cant seem to get the file...

Is there a URL thats still active ?

Thanks..pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

They've changed it - before, you could get to a playback screen where you right-click and save the mp3 file. Try clicking the 'share' icon and see if you can email it to yourself. Hopefully they havent locked that out

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          They've changed it - before, you could get to a playback screen where you right-click and save the mp3 file. Try clicking the 'share' icon and see if you can email it to yourself. Hopefully they havent locked that out
          Share to e-mail, locked out :-)
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Ugh. That stinks. It was a fantastic service

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Comment

I converted Raspberry Pi2 deployment of HS3 to Pico using this guide. Not nearly as good as google's, but TREMENDOUSLY better that the default flite TTS. and this is fully offline (not cloud based).

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173837

Comment

Ahh dlover

I saw your thread a while ago and couldnt find it again :-(. Thanks for pointing it out, will give this a go..

Cheers..Pete

p.s I would so love to have "Allison" back :-)
                HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
                  Hi Guys

Had a play with HS Touch on a tablet last night, oh dear the TTS voice (Flite) sounds like a Dalek :-)
                  Can you record "you will be eliminated!" and post?

~Bill

Comment

Hmm, appears PICO is already installed by default. I might VERY RELUCTANTLY fire up windows on a SFF PC....bah, I dont want to !!!!! I miss Allison...
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I know its an old thread, but I got audio files from text here:
                      http://soundoftext.com/

and resampled to 44100 for airplayspeak here:
                      http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav

I figured the above is easiest for me given that all my audio is hardcoded and better linux tts voices seem terribly difficult to configure. And even if they aren't compiling from text each time is wasteful, and downloading them on the fly each time is plain stupid.

Comment

just got TTS working on linux. Can't stop laughing haha.

Need to search how to change this voice

Comment

raspberry pi no sound installed iqaudio board sill no sound, help please

Comment

If you don't mind a paid option, I just implemented the Polly python script from the forums. Having announcements in the same voice as Alexa is fantastic for those who interact with the system.

Comment

raspberry pi no sound installed iqaudio board sill no sound, help please

Stop Homeseer 3.

Using terminal check your audio functions first.

Once you have validated that your iqaudio board is working then install flite.

sudo apt-get install flite.

reboot you RPi / Homeseer 3 box.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                              X