X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
    Hi Michael,

Can you try turning off your phone's WiFi and navigating to your HS3 homepage on your phone's web browser? Does that work? I wonder if there is something blocking external connections to your server and, even with only the default connection enabled in HSBuddy, your phone is still hitting the server from within your local network when WiFi is on, rather than going out and back in through your router.

Also, after trying and failing a connection test, could you send me feedback from the app? (by default you can do this by shaking the phone while the app is open). That will include logs that may help troubleshoot.

Antonio
    So I figured it out. My ISP messed up my subnet and static IP range so they were directing one of my IPs to somewhere else and that was the IP I selected to use. Once I picked a different IP, it worked like a charm.

Now to go after them to get my IP back...
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

I can confirm I experience the same issue when I configure my app to use MyHS. For the longest time I've been using direct connection, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that changed since in MyHS.

I believe I have a fix for this - I will try to get a change out to the stores as soon as possible.

wow... I didn't realize that. I haven't been home much.. but yes works that way..
      Attached Files
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
        wow... I didn't realize that. I haven't been home much.. but yes works that way..
        Btw, I've pushed an update for Android (1.0.28) that should address the issue for MyHS images. It seems to work in my own device. The version for iOS is pending approval from the store.

Seems like you're using it in Android, could you confirm if the issue is fixed in the newest version of the app?

Thanks,
        Antonio

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
          So I figured it out. My ISP messed up my subnet and static IP range so they were directing one of my IPs to somewhere else and that was the IP I selected to use. Once I picked a different IP, it worked like a charm.

Now to go after them to get my IP back...
          Thanks for the confirmation!

Comment

Btw, I've pushed an update for Android (1.0.28) that should address the issue for MyHS images. It seems to work in my own device. The version for iOS is pending approval from the store.

Seems like you're using it in Android, could you confirm if the issue is fixed in the newest version of the app?

Thanks,
            Antonio
            Appears to b working on android now. Thx. Not connected to wifi... and works. Pics in morning. On phone and dont see attachment button. Gnight
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Plugin Never starts

I have the plugin installed, it never starts. Just says INFO: plugin start is pending

I have all my UI items as shown in this thread, with the exception of my local port is 8036 (this is running on a macvlan docker container, 80 is already in use by the docker host)

Any ideas?
              PS why is there not a dedicated forum for this plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by scyto View Post
                I have the plugin installed, it never starts. Just says INFO: plugin start is pending

I have all my UI items as shown in this thread, with the exception of my local port is 8036 (this is running on a macvlan docker container, 80 is already in use by the docker host)

Any ideas?
                PS why is there not a dedicated forum for this plugin?
                Is there anything in the logs at the time you try to start the plugin?

Comment

Is there anything in the logs at the time you try to start the plugin?
                  Hi, thanks for the question. There are no errors in the startup log or console output.
                  I do see this on system startup
                  Code:
                  Jun-10 11:54:05 
                  Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in HSBuddy
                  But it still shows as pending in the UI.

I am running this plug in a homeseer docker container https://hub.docker.com/r/marthoc/homeseer/

I don't think there are Linux dependencies missing it is running a 5.x mono build and in installed mono-complete just incase.

the process doesn't seem to be running (see attached)

Is there somewhere else I can look for this plugin?

alex

Comment

Originally posted by scyto View Post
                    I am running this plug in a homeseer docker container https://hub.docker.com/r/marthoc/homeseer/
                    Hi Alex,

That link was very useful. I looked into it and turns out that this container does not run HS3 from the install folder (/homeseer) but rather from root (/) which caused the plugin to fail at launch.

I've put a new version of the plugin out which fixes this - I've tested it myself using the same docker container image. It still shows the "pending start" status right after starting the plugin, but if you refresh the page 3-5 seconds later it shows as OK and the HSBuddy menu now shows under PLUG-INS.

Thanks,
                    Antonio

Comment

I'm installed in /usr/local/HomeSeer and was running this plugin fine - but then a couple days ago it became stuck at the pending.

Whatever you did in this latest update has corrected that.

I am curious though - clearly your app talks direct to HomeSeer, as with the plugin offline the app still worked fine, so I am wondering what the plugin is actually doing... just a few odds and ends that can't be done via the JSON interface?

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                        I'm installed in /usr/local/HomeSeer and was running this plugin fine - but then a couple days ago it became stuck at the pending.

Whatever you did in this latest update has corrected that.
                        Hello,

Thanks for letting me know! Not sure in your case why it may have stopped working recently - but it's good to know that has been resolved.

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                        I am curious though - clearly your app talks direct to HomeSeer, as with the plugin offline the app still worked fine, so I am wondering what the plugin is actually doing... just a few odds and ends that can't be done via the JSON interface?
                        There's a few things related to devices and events that the plugin does which are not possible with JSON. Beyond that, there's features that are implemented entirely within the plugin. I think the list goes as follows:
                        • Enabling/disabling events
                        • Reading the new 'Hide from mobile views' setting of each device
                        • Getting history of device status changes
                        • Viewing cameras
                        • Location-based event triggers
                        • Push notifications

And there's still a few left in my to-do list

-Antonio

Comment

Hi Alex,

That link was very useful. I looked into it and turns out that this container does not run HS3 from the install folder (/homeseer) but rather from root (/) which caused the plugin to fail at launch.

I've put a new version of the plugin out which fixes this - I've tested it myself using the same docker container image. It still shows the "pending start" status right after starting the plugin, but if you refresh the page 3-5 seconds later it shows as OK and the HSBuddy menu now shows under PLUG-INS.

Thanks,
                          Antonio
                          Thanks, yup, that fixed it!

not sure what you mean by in root, mine is absolutely in /HomeSeer/ via the mapped folder!? (Did you create a mapped folder?)
                          Edit, ah you mean the mono, yeah it is run from /usr/bin/mono for all hspi processes, but from root for the hsconsole though my hsconsole is in /HomeSeer - I did see some issues in log, I will post when I have time.

Is there one change I should be asking the container owner to make to his image?
                          Last edited by scyto; June 11, 2018, 01:53 AM.

Comment

HSBuddy Crashing in HomeTroller Sel Pro

Dear Antonio:

I have a new HomeTroller Sel Pro. I updated it to .435, and installed BLBackup.

Mono is 5.0.1.1. I didn't run yet apt-get upgrade.

When I try to start HSBuddy It crashes with the following log message:

Initializing plug-in(1): HSBuddy Instance::System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database:k__BackingField' (2) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. assembly:System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a type: member: at HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI.InitIO (System.String port) [0x00011] in <9d46cb9554394ff7a50f37bb6eb66665>:0 Time to load: 71 milliseconds

Comment

Hi,

I haven't done much testing with Mono 5, but have you installed the mono-devel package as well?

Thanks,
                              Antonio

Comment

Hi,

I haven't done much testing with Mono 5, but have you installed the mono-devel package as well?

Thanks,
                                Antonio
                                Hi,
                                Being a new Hometroller-SEL Pro I just assumed it was installed. I was wrong!.

Homeseer ships new SELs with Mono 5.0.1.1

Comment

Working...
                                X