Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    I agree - hard wired is always better
    Just an aside though... Mine does drop off the network for ~20mins two to four times a day - as reported by BLLAN

It has been replaced by Opensprinkler and I have changed the port / cable and even plugged an RPi in on that cable instead, but the problem still persists just on the Opensprinkler. They suggested that fast pinging could cause issues for the under-powered 'duino network stack/hardware, so I dropped the rate back to once a minute and still see the problem. It does not affect the controller running watering programs and it is still responsive to the local buttons etc, but I cannot access it via the app or plugin during these windows. Last thing I am going to try is cabling it direct to my FiOS router, bypassing patch panels, switches etc. I expect that it will still behave the same way given the experiment with the RPi already.
    cheeryfool

Comment

New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Interesting, I am currently considering this device to replace the control unit that came with the house. Is there a way to add a NIC onto the newer units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have hardware version 2.3-DC and firmware version 2.1.6(1).

Is it worth upgrading the firmware and if I do, is the plugin working with the newer firmware?

Thanks,

Michael
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
          Interesting, I am currently considering this device to replace the control unit that came with the house. Is there a way to add a NIC onto the newer units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          On their website it says this:
          "If you absolutely need wired Ethernet port and cannot use WiFi AP at all, contact us for ordering the older version (2.3)."

However, Blade said they told him that their entire 2.3 stock was bought up by one buyer.

They also link to a mobile A/P to ethernet solution, but I'd rather have it built in personally

I found the OpenSprinkler guy very reasonable to deal with, so I'd reach out to him to pass on comments / questions about this.
          cheeryfool

Comment

My first question to OpenSprinkler was: Is the wifi reliable?
            His answer was that it was tested a lot and he saw no issues with it. I hope so since this will be the only automation wifi device in my house so I hope I am not shooting myself in the foot.

Is the plugin actively being developed anymore?
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

My first question to OpenSprinkler was: Is the wifi reliable?
              His answer was that it was tested a lot and he saw no issues with it. I hope so since this will be the only automation wifi device in my house so I hope I am not shooting myself in the foot.

Is the plugin actively being developed anymore?
              Mattyjee is here once in a while and typically is able to fix reported issues. I have combed through the code, but haven't done any major tweaking myself.

Comment

One of benefits here is that both the plugin and the OS firmware are open source.
                cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                  Mattyjee is here once in a while and typically is able to fix reported issues. I have combed through the code, but haven't done any major tweaking myself.
                  Is the code shared somewhere? I would like to take a look at it
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Is the code shared somewhere? I would like to take a look at it
                    Matt posted a link here.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                      Matt posted a link here.
                      Great Thanks
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Disabled Zone?

I started up my system this year - 8 zones - and for some reason zone 1 is disabled (value of -2). How do I re-enable? I tried setting the value to zero (off) or 5 (it runs for 5 minutes) but it always returns to -2 (disabled). That zone is also missing from the OpenSprinkler app, and I can't figure out how to get it back. Help?
                        Mark

Comment

Never mind - found it - disable was buried in the OpenSprinkler app. No idea how it got that way.
                          Mark

Comment

Would it be possible to expose some properties to HS3?

I recently had a sprinkler solenoid go bad and didn't notice that it was drawing over 2 amps. Normal is about 128ma.

My wife let me know that this line wasn't running, but it took about a week.

If "current" was exposed, we could use it as a trigger.

Michael
                            Last edited by Rvtravlr; May 11, 2017, 11:32 PM.
                            Michael

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm on here a lot less frequently lately, have two very young kids so don't get a lot of spare time for working on this stuff. The Opensprinkler firmware is constantly changed and I struggle to keep up with it.

Also, I only have old hardware, so a lot of the new features are not available to me and I can't upgrade my firmware past 2.1.5 so cant test anything.

I'm happy if someone wants to put their hand up and take over ownership of the plugin... the only rule is it has to remain free, and it has to remain backwards compatible with different firmwares.

Cheers.
                              Matt.

Comment

Is Possible to add 2nd OpenSprinkler Controller?

Can you add support for multiple controllers? I have 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X