This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob,

Success - (almost) with the .13 version and my disconnects. It now comes up and runs without disconnecting but I did see this minor issue in the log:

1/19/2016 3:46:58 PM [2] [---->Unit]
    1/19/2016 3:46:58 PM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[412] name=[IntervalTmr]]
    1/19/2016 3:46:58 PM [2] [-->HandleUnsolicitedPackets Flag Exception: Conversion from string "ON FOR 0:01:00" to type 'Integer' is not valid.]
    1/19/2016 3:46:58 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]

Not a showstopper for me as I don't know what if anything I will do with flags in HS but probably something to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by jmjones View Post
      Rob,

Success - (almost) with the .13 version and my disconnects. It now comes up and runs without disconnecting but I did see this minor issue in the log:

1/19/2016 3:46:58 PM [2] [---->Unit]
      1/19/2016 3:46:58 PM [2] [-->UNIT: desc=[] number=[412] name=[IntervalTmr]]
      1/19/2016 3:46:58 PM [2] [-->HandleUnsolicitedPackets Flag Exception: Conversion from string "ON FOR 0:01:00" to type 'Integer' is not valid.]
      1/19/2016 3:46:58 PM [2] [UNSOLICITED: ExtendedStatus]

Not a showstopper for me as I don't know what if anything I will do with flags in HS but probably something to fix.
      Ah - thanks - I added a try/catch and thats what keeps it from crashing now. Will definitely get a fix in for this.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Hi Rob,

I updated the Plug-In...the new method is what I am used to having to do anyway so this will be a great solution to speed up the beta and/or testing.

Here are my notes so far:

1) HAI/HLC UPB implementation worked great after removing and adding the devices again. Dimming works as expected so far!

2) The bug is fixed for the 7th item added using Chrome but I do want to note that the fix appears to be a complete screen refresh after selection. This works well but introduced a considerable lag for enable/disable of multiple Units due to the refresh and also the need to scroll since the page scrolls back to the top. For me it was essentially turning off and then back on via about 40+ web page refreshes. For a simple one unit add/remove, this is a non-issue.

Suggestions:

1) Since we have been down this road before, could we add a toggle in the Plug-In that is for your custom graphics vs existing graphics? An example is that if I replace the graphics for each device with my own, then the graphics would be about 3 graphic edits per device. It takes a long time to fix that. This would eliminate the need for you to run something in the installer other than a reference to check the toggle. What do you think?

2) In the Units Config Screen, it might be nice for you to have a column to identify the Protocol in use. I.E. HLC vs UPB vs Z-Wave etc. This is helpful to me since the Spud UPB Plug-In has much more functionality than the HAI OmniPro for native UPB Devices. I intend to use your Plug-In to control HLC Devices and the UPB Plug-In to control Native UPB Devices. This would make the list clear (filtered) so I don't enable the UPB Devices by accident in the Plug-In. The HAI/Leviton implimentation of UPB isn't very nice for I/O Devices and my Simply Automated Ceiling Fan Controllers since they are not just On/Off/Dim devices and require tons of UPB Links to be setup and essentially require UpStart to set them up the way you want them. Note...thanks again for designing your Plug-In with the Manual Device Enable/Disable for HS3. This is great for a mixed environment. I have asked Spud if he might do the same on the UPB Side so I don't have to create custom UpStart Exports to eliminate the HAI HLC/UPB
        devices to keep the automatic updating of my UPB network going.

3) Have the Plug-In installer automatically remove the updater_override.txt if the installation of the Plug-In is successful. Else it would remain if a user had to disable the Plug-In in order to update to the version (which was my case).

Huge praise and great work. I am moving all of my primary lighting control to the HAI Plug-In today so I'm off to repair a ton of broken events now....

-Travis

Comment

Rob,

So happy to see thermostats and flags! I'm in HSTouch Designer updating my screens and I see three of each HAI Thermostat device. Same exact name. I have three thermostats and name them each differently, but the HStouch devices all have the same name, for example "HAI HAI Thermostats Temperature".

In the HS3 web interface each thermostat has "(Thermostat name) Root Device" then the setpoints, fan mode, temperature, etc. The root device name is not getting set with the HSTouch device so I have three temps, three fans, etc ... all same names. Make sense?

Thanks,

Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
            Hi Rob,

I updated the Plug-In...the new method is what I am used to having to do anyway so this will be a great solution to speed up the beta and/or testing.

Here are my notes so far:

1) HAI/HLC UPB implementation worked great after removing and adding the devices again. Dimming works as expected so far!
            Whew! Glad that is working for you!

2) The bug is fixed for the 7th item added using Chrome but I do want to note that the fix appears to be a complete screen refresh after selection. This works well but introduced a considerable lag for enable/disable of multiple Units due to the refresh and also the need to scroll since the page scrolls back to the top. For me it was essentially turning off and then back on via about 40+ web page refreshes. For a simple one unit add/remove, this is a non-issue.
            Yeah, when I reproduced your issue, it was tracked down to the auto-postback. I tried to make it work and just couldnt keep it from taking up a browser connect and not releasing it. A full-page postback was the only way I could get it to work. I suspect, with no actual proof, that the clsPageBuilder controls are to blame. I might have to revisit it at a later date.

Suggestions:

1) Since we have been down this road before, could we add a toggle in the Plug-In that is for your custom graphics vs existing graphics? An example is that if I replace the graphics for each device with my own, then the graphics would be about 3 graphic edits per device. It takes a long time to fix that. This would eliminate the need for you to run something in the installer other than a reference to check the toggle. What do you think?
            Yes, I started thinking about it when I saw your post. I should have it set to ignore any graphics that are not included with my plugin. That shouldnt be hard to implement. I already know all the images included, so it would just filter off them. The only drawback is that if someone renames one of their favorite images the same name as mine, then I would overwrite. Taht should never happen. I'll get this implemented asap.

2) In the Units Config Screen, it might be nice for you to have a column to identify the Protocol in use. I.E. HLC vs UPB vs Z-Wave etc. This is helpful to me since the Spud UPB Plug-In has much more functionality than the HAI OmniPro for native UPB Devices. I intend to use your Plug-In to control HLC Devices and the UPB Plug-In to control Native UPB Devices. This would make the list clear (filtered) so I don't enable the UPB Devices by accident in the Plug-In. The HAI/Leviton implimentation of UPB isn't very nice for I/O Devices and my Simply Automated Ceiling Fan Controllers since they are not just On/Off/Dim devices and require tons of UPB Links to be setup and essentially require UpStart to set them up the way you want them. Note...thanks again for designing your Plug-In with the Manual Device Enable/Disable for HS3. This is great for a mixed environment. I have asked Spud if he might do the same on the UPB Side so I don't have to create custom UpStart Exports to eliminate the HAI HLC/UPB
            devices to keep the automatic updating of my UPB network going.
            Makes perfect sense. I'll add sorting or filtering of the protocol to the Units tab.

3) Have the Plug-In installer automatically remove the updater_override.txt if the installation of the Plug-In is successful. Else it would remain if a user had to disable the Plug-In in order to update to the version (which was my case).
            Hmmmm.... Let me check on what HST's installer provides. It's a text file that we have to format and I cant remember if there is a script option or not.

Huge praise and great work. I am moving all of my primary lighting control to the HAI Plug-In today so I'm off to repair a ton of broken events now....

-Travis
            No problem - enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by cowsr4eating View Post
              Rob,

So happy to see thermostats and flags! I'm in HSTouch Designer updating my screens and I see three of each HAI Thermostat device. Same exact name. I have three thermostats and name them each differently, but the HStouch devices all have the same name, for example "HAI HAI Thermostats Temperature".

In the HS3 web interface each thermostat has "(Thermostat name) Root Device" then the setpoints, fan mode, temperature, etc. The root device name is not getting set with the HSTouch device so I have three temps, three fans, etc ... all same names. Make sense?

Thanks,

Guy
              Ugh - that stinks. I know where that name comes from and I can change it for future thermostat creations.

My goal was to have an HAI thermostat show up automagically in HSTouch with their default client. I couldnt make it work even after making my thermostat devices look exactly like theirs. I want to revisit that later and make it work

Comment

Thanks. For now I think I have it figured out which one is which. Would be nice to know for sure long-term by the name.

Comment

Hi Rob,

I made some icons for your Unit Dimming transitions while I was doing my own if you want to use them. I did notice when I used the previous beta that you had setup essentially 10% Dimming Icons though they were all the same. When I changed to HLC on the new version, they imported with only one graphic called out. I will change that on my end. Anyway. Free to use this if you want. They are just 10% opacity changes between the layers.

Examples Attached:

1) Your On Graphic
                  2) Your Off Graphic
                  3) Example 30% Dim Graphic

I zipped up the whole set as well which includes:

1) Off
                  2) Dim 10%
                  3) Dim 20%
                  4) Dim 30%
                  5) Dim 40%
                  6) Dim 50%
                  7) Dim 60%
                  8) Dim 70%
                  9) Dim 80%
                  10) Dim 90%
                  11) On

-Travis
                  Attached Files

Comment

Also, regarding graphics, though I am using my own modified version of the HomeSeer Bulb, that if you add a filament to the graphic, the distinction between the yellow and the white is much stronger at all levels.

Example Below

1) Off
                    2) Dim 30%
                    3) Dim 60%
                    4) Dim 90%
                    5) On

-Travis
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Daweeze; January 19, 2016, 09:35 PM.

Comment

having no luck

when i try to do the latest update it fails, i am sure i am following your instructions
                      Attached Files

Comment

@drmcp

I had same problem. If you look at the logs it probably says try disabling plugin and upgrade. That worked for me. Disable HAI plugin, upgrade, enable plugin

Comment

I tried that, uninstalled the old plug in, didn't work, finally just open the zip and placed files in correct folders restarted HS and it worked, now have 15 UPB devices working great!!

Comment

@drmcp - follow cowsr4eating and disable the plugin first. If that works, let me know and I'll update the instructions.

Comment

Hi Rob,

I made some icons for your Unit Dimming transitions while I was doing my own if you want to use them. I did notice when I used the previous beta that you had setup essentially 10% Dimming Icons though they were all the same. When I changed to HLC on the new version, they imported with only one graphic called out. I will change that on my end. Anyway. Free to use this if you want. They are just 10% opacity changes between the layers.

Examples Attached:

1) Your On Graphic
                              2) Your Off Graphic
                              3) Example 30% Dim Graphic

I zipped up the whole set as well which includes:

1) Off
                              2) Dim 10%
                              3) Dim 20%
                              4) Dim 30%
                              5) Dim 40%
                              6) Dim 50%
                              7) Dim 60%
                              8) Dim 70%
                              9) Dim 80%
                              10) Dim 90%
                              11) On

-Travis
                              Thanks Travis! I will definitely use those! I wish I had more graphic skills...

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                                @drmcp - follow cowsr4eating and disable the plugin first. If that works, let me know and I'll update the instructions.
                                Yes i tried it that way and it did work

Comment

Working...
                                X