X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also seeing this on .382. Not starting with plugins populated, but running the script from an event populates the plugins. Also not sure how long they stay populated.
    Last edited by ; November 20, 2017, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
      I'm also seeing this on .382. Not starting with plugins populated, but running the script from an event populates the plugins. Also not sure how long they stay populated.
      While I don't know, I believe they will stay populated. I strongly suspect that the script has a problem at startup and never populates the devices, I don't think the VG pairs are being deleted during operation. It is possible that there may still be a problem even run from an event, but that still would only happen at startup.

Time will tell...
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        While I don't know, I believe they will stay populated. I strongly suspect that the script has a problem at startup and never populates the devices, I don't think the VG pairs are being deleted during operation. It is possible that there may still be a problem even run from an event, but that still would only happen at startup.

Time will tell...
        Randy on the event subject. How could you create an event to check to see if it is populated? that way if it fails it would just rerun the script and populate the fields.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
          Randy on the event subject. How could you create an event to check to see if it is populated? that way if it fails it would just rerun the script and populate the fields.
          I thought of that as well, but I have no idea how to check if the VS pairs are there. Someone familiar with scripting might be able to query the device to see if it returns any VG pairs. I don't know how to query a device for VS pairs.

It could be that some of the changes to the recent betas have delayed homeseer building the plug-in management page to the point where it is blank when the script runs from the startup script.

All that said, if delaying the running of the script cures it, there is no need for any other effort.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I thought of that as well, but I have no idea how to check if the VS pairs are there. Someone familiar with scripting might be able to query the device to see if it returns any VG pairs. I don't know how to query a device for VS pairs.

It could be that some of the changes to the recent betas have delayed homeseer building the plug-in management page to the point where it is blank when the script runs from the startup script.

All that said, if delaying the running of the script cures it, there is no need for any other effort.
            On mine it seemed to always fill on startup but then failed later. sometimes one hour, 3 hours or even half a day.

Comment

Looks like on the latest HS3 beta 398, the script has become unusable. The plugin loads fine on boot and the dropbox is populated with the plugins. But anytime it runs, the following error occurs.

Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00049] in <50d80b08c1a5449282b22aedf03ce925>:0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in <50d80b08c1a5449282b22aedf03ce925>:0 at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) [0x00a48] in <098050fc276c4a5f84e9dc1213dcc4da>:0

Comment

Probably due to the introduction of SSL. This may be unrepairable.....
                Jon

Comment

I've just tried this on 398 and it is working fine here......
                  Jon

Comment

Are you using SSL?

I was using SSL when the script was giving the error.

I've turned off SSL for 2 days and the script seems to be ok now.

Comment

No I'm not. Looks like that's the issue then.

I assume local browsing of Homeseer is also using SSL?
                      Jon

Comment

Manual IP select

Hi John,

Does the the v2 script also take a parameter for manual IP selection?

Comment

Originally posted by Blob View Post
                          Hi John,

Does the the v2 script also take a parameter for manual IP selection?
                          No. Why would that be necessary?
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            No. Why would that be necessary?
                            Because my homeseer server has several IP's and only one is bound to Homeseer. Your script seems to autoselect the wrong one and is (i guess) therefor unable to login.

Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.x.x:80 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint

In the V1 script there is a parameter to manually select the correct IP and works like a charm. e.g. <plugin name>;0;192.168.y.x

Maybe also helpfull:
                            hs.GetINISetting ("Settings", "gServerAddressBind", "", "settings.ini") -> correct IP address
                            hs.GetIPAddress -> wrong IP address
                            Last edited by Blob; January 20, 2018, 06:03 AM.

Comment

OK, I can add a manual IP entry. Stand by.....
                              Jon

Comment

Try V1.0.3 on my site.

You should already have Jon00Plugin.ini in your config directory.

Just add the following:

[Settings]
                                HS3HostIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

This will override the automatic IP detection settings.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X