Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control 240v pool pump

Hi,

I would like to control my pool pump which is 240v. Can I use the following device
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-40-Amp...2726/207059394
    I searched everywhere and everybody is talking about an Intermatic control that was discontinued or using an ELK 9200 which is not rated for outdoor. My pump is inside a shed but water might enter the shed, so I would really like something rated outdoor. The manual for the GE switch says it can control 2 120v lines that power a 240v device.

Thanks,
    Nio

Intermatic CA3750 is still available on Amazon....
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      Intermatic CA3750 is still available on Amazon....

It's cheaper direct from HomeSeer
      cheeryfool

Comment

I've been using a CA3750 (from HS) for a while now to control a pool pump and booster pump. It's under a shed, but exposed to the elements somewhat. It works fine.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Hmmmm... yes, they are. Last time I checked, the item didn't appear as available.
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

How many amps is the pump motor?

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              How many amps is the pump motor?
              I dont recall off-hand, but it is a 1.5HP Hayward pump that is wired for 220V
              https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP261...sr_1_1?ie=UTF8
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Google says a 1.5hp motor is 10 amps at 240v. I was thinking about the Qubino relay that is rated for exactly that. So there's no room for any load increase. Oh well.

Comment

Hi, I am using 2 intermaric CA3750 and they work.
                  You need to be aware that these units can't be very far from other z-wave devices since they have their antenna inside the plastic case.
                  I installed a z-wave repeater close by (indoors) and have had zero issues.
                  One of these is for a 120v pump and the other is controlling the heat pump 220v and no issues.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you have any issues adding the CA3750 to your network? I can't get mine to pair but it came without any instructions so I was wondering if it's someone else's return and can't be disassociated...

Comment

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
                      Did you have any issues adding the CA3750 to your network? I can't get mine to pair but it came without any instructions so I was wondering if it's someone else's return and can't be disassociated...

Use the HS3 remove node option before trying to include (pair) it
                      cheeryfool

Comment

Just tried that. No change. Didn't think I could remove it from the network if it never was part of the network.

GE has a Z-Wave pool controller (model 12726) for twice the price that seems to have good reviews. Looks like I may end up with this model if I can't figure out how to reset the Intermatic...

Comment

How I paired the device

Hi,

Since these are high voltage units and typically far away from the z-net, I used a "extension" cord to power the unit with 120v and take it next to the z-net, then pair the device and then installed the unit in its final location. With 240v.

The manual can be found here
                          http://waterheatertimer.org/pdf/Inte...750-Manual.pdf

I learned how to connect the wires by looking at pictures see here
                          http://waterheatertimer.org/images/H...ic-CA3750.html

Hope it helps,
                          Chris

Comment

So that's a possibility

The controller is wirelsss so perhaps I'll bring it down to the timer and see if it will pair just feet away.

Then assuming that works perhaps it will remain on the network for commands.

Comment

Moving the HS controller right next to the CA3750 did the trick. Once paired to the network it talked to a number of nearby nodes so I was able to move the controller back to it's usual spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X