No announcement yet.

Xiaomi ZigBee devices Con-/RaspBee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the Xiaomi/Aqara motion sensor. I tried setting it up as a trigger via the lux level to turn on outside lights. It works if something triggers motion since it also reads the light level, but it is never "polled" nor does it send information unless motion occurs.

Any ideas as to whether the sensor can be woken up periodically?

Comment

Not that this helps with the Xiaomi sensor but the philips hue motion sensor will report a change in lux without being triggered first.

Comment

Actually that does help a lot. Unfortunately, $40 vs $13 is a deal killer. I had been using x time before sunset and figured how cool it would be to use the light level. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          Actually that does help a lot. Unfortunately, $40 vs $13 is a deal killer. I had been using x time before sunset and figured how cool it would be to use the light level. Oh well.
          I agree it is a bit pricey for a motion sensor. But I have tried a few brands like osram including z-wave ones like zooz and the hue one is the only one that does that.

Comment

The Aeotec can get parameters set that will report frequently but it's not cheap. The zigbee devices are at a very appealing price point, though limited in abilities.

Though I wonder how these Xiaomi devices would work with their own hub. There might be a lot more going on than we are aware of.

Comment

With the latest Raspbee update, it seems some updates are happening on a regular basis.

For example, the small Xiaomi motion sensors also report light level. In the past it only reported light level when there was motion.

However, now I see light level being updated about every 55 minutes. Here is a sample of just before sunset where as I put it in a place where motion has not indicated since 15:02:08.

LUX TIME
              408 17:17:23
              003 18:12:25
              002 19:07:26
              002 20:02:28

But I don't see a 20:57:xx update. Weird. I'll keep testing to see how it fares.

Comment

I'm curious if the Raspbee or deConz keeps a log of signals received. HS3 sees the signals "Paddle 1" etc., but for me they only show on the device management screen. They're not in the log itself.

Comment

racerfern,

deCONZ can keep a log of received signals by starting deCONZ with the right logging parameters. I have never used it here though.

Also the plugin is keeping a log of signals if you set the detailed logging options in the configuration page. It is not logged to the HS3 log, but to \Logs\JowiHue.log if you enabled the log to file option in the configuration page.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,

Thanks. I'll read the deConz manual which I have never had to look at. That's a good thing.

Of the choices, which logging/debugging choice would be best? And what to you mean by console, where would it show in Homeseer?
                    Attached Files

Comment

racerfern,

Setting the detailed logging options will give you the most detail and selecting the log to file option will make sure the file is save on disk.

If you have enabled the console option on the plugins maintenance page AND start the plugin after enabling the option you will see the logging in the console window of the plugin on the HS3 machine. Might not be very usefull but some people are always running this way.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                      X