No announcement yet.

Problems with .16 of mcsSprinker Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aldo, need to have a debug for operation before the 500 limit was reached. The morning rather than afternoon debug should have it.

Comment

Hi Michael,
      As I mentioned I only have 150 downloads today, I think is due to me removing the wind speed. I know you are extremely busy, if this happen again I will submit the log as you requested.

Thanks,
      Aldo

Comment

@Aldo, took a look at my WU account and it seems to just be a 500 limit per day download. Couldn't figure out where the current download number was but by the end of the day I'm in access of 1800 downloads according to the plugin. I won't complain.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The download of weather data has been made more intelligent with 2.17.0.18 to reduce the number of daily downloads. It now evaluates all other conditions and only increases the wind data download rate if the other conditions do not result in an inhibit. Previously it would always download data at 5 minute intervals if a wind inhibit was setup. I also changed the backup algorithm so that backup downloads would only be done if 4 download attempts were not successful from a priority station on any given day. It will try the primary station again the next day. This means that there is no downside to including multiple WU stations. It will also greatly reduce the number of downloads performed when when inhibits are setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            The download of weather data has been made more intelligent with 2.17.0.18 to reduce the number of daily downloads. It now evaluates all other conditions and only increases the wind data download rate if the other conditions do not result in an inhibit. Previously it would always download data at 5 minute intervals if a wind inhibit was setup. I also changed the backup algorithm so that backup downloads would only be done if 4 download attempts were not successful from a priority station on any given day. It will try the primary station again the next day. This means that there is no downside to including multiple WU stations. It will also greatly reduce the number of downloads performed when when inhibits are setup.
            @Robert, that is funny, I would not complain either.
            @Michael, thank you so much for these changes, now I don't need to worry too much going over the limit and having a feature to one of the stations. This plugin is rocket solid made by genius.

Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Michael but can you expand on the 'other conditions'?

I have an inhibit setup for wind if it reaches 12 km/h for 20 minutes. Is there a situation where this won't be evaluated and therefore no update performed?

...a bit unclear here.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The weather current conditions download will be done every 30 minutes except the following case:
                1. Area/Site where a zone is running or scheduled to run within the next 30 minutes
                2. No other non-wind inhibit is active thus preventing a zone from running
                3. Area/Site is setup with a wind inhibit criteria
                When these three situations occur the weather download is done every 5 minutes to provide greater sensitivity to changes in wind conditions. Previously the only criteria was #3 so downloads were occurring at a time when wind information was not as time sensitive.

Comment

The weather current conditions download will be done every 30 minutes except the following case:
                  1. Area/Site where a zone is running or scheduled to run within the next 30 minutes
                  2. No other non-wind inhibit is active thus preventing a zone from running
                  3. Area/Site is setup with a wind inhibit criteria
                  When these three situations occur the weather download is done every 5 minutes to provide greater sensitivity to changes in wind conditions. Previously the only criteria was #3 so downloads were occurring at a time when wind information was not as time sensitive.
                  That is genius, that is perfect. Thanks.

Comment

Michael,

I wanted to point out that in the latest build, if you disable for seasonal shutdown, after the plugin restarts or HS restarts, it doesn't persist this and continues to execute as though no seasonal shutdown event occurred.

Robert

Comment

Thank you. I,love look into it. I have had mcsSprinklers running under Linux for several years. Recently been working on it as HS plugin for RPi. Just about done.

Comment

So it's off season for me with regards to irrigation. Running 2.17.0.19, if I restart HS for any reason, I always need to manually deactivate McsSprinkler after each reboot. Otherwise, I wake up to errors with the zones not responding (my rainbird is powered off during the winter).
                        Is there anyway to persist the fact that a seasonal shutdown has been invoked?

Robert

Comment

Hi Michael, I'm getting the same issue, restarting the plugin will re enable the season shutdown option.

Thanks,
                          Aldo

Comment

I am testing V2,18 now that shares the same executable between Windows and Linux. I will make certain I cover this.

Comment

I am testing V2,18 now that shares the same executable between Windows and Linux. I will make certain I cover this.
                              Thanks, happy holidays.

Aldo

Comment

Don't know if it has always been this way, but I suspect something may have changed with HS that is causing this behavior. With HS versions of mcsSprinklers the management of devices is handled by HS. This assures that only one master exists for the content of a device. This means that when HS shuts down and then restarts I expect HS to restore the content of devices at the time of startup. I suspect what has happened is that HS no longer manages the initialization of plugin devices and it expect the plugin to initialize the startup condition. I can understand this philosophy and will accommodate. It also means that there are other devices (e.g. inhibit tomorrow) that are not being initialized correctly with HS3.

Comment

Working...
                                X