This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Dectors not responding

Does anyone know why my motion dectectors are not responding? All the door contacts are setup as such in the system and the motions are setup as interior motions (4)
    I am trying to trigger lighting scenes off of the motions. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dpaget21 View Post
      Does anyone know why my motion dectectors are not responding? All the door contacts are setup as such in the system and the motions are setup as interior motions (4)
      I am trying to trigger lighting scenes off of the motions. Thanks
      Are your other sensors showing up in HS?

Do you know that your sensors are working (are you getting the LED triggering on the sensor?)
      Nicolai L

Comment

I have determined my problem which has nothing to do with homeseer. It is more that I need to enroll the PC5108 to the PC1832. I am new to security systems therefore if anyone knows how to do that it would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dpaget21 View Post
          I have determined my problem which has nothing to do with homeseer. It is more that I need to enroll the PC5108 to the PC1832. I am new to security systems therefore if anyone knows how to do that it would be appreciated.
          I can't remember it off the top of my head and I don't have access to the manuals where I'm at right now, but first of all you need to set the starting zone address via the jumpers on the PC5108. Then from the installers menu I think you do a 902 command and that's about it.
          Nicolai L

Comment

In hs2 the DSC plugin could separately identify armed stay and armed away. I use these extensively in events, e.g. switching off all lights when I go out and randomising them, 2 things I don't want when armed stay. The plugin is correctly able to set the alarm to armed stay or away but the numeric statuses do not seem to identify the differences any more (not in front of me now but something like 652 for one and 653 for the other).

Comment

Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
              In hs2 the DSC plugin could separately identify armed stay and armed away. I use these extensively in events, e.g. switching off all lights when I go out and randomising them, 2 things I don't want when armed stay. The plugin is correctly able to set the alarm to armed stay or away but the numeric statuses do not seem to identify the differences any more (not in front of me now but something like 652 for one and 653 for the other).
              Did you get this working with HS3. It seems to be messing me about at the moment. Not sure if I haven't paid enough attention or whether it just doesn't work appropriately.
              Nicolai L

Comment

Re: DSC plugin release version 2.0.0.14

This worked with hs2 but not with hs3 I think.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mack1979 View Post
                  This worked with hs2 but not with hs3 I think.

Yeah, that's my experience as well. I'll have another play and log a ticket if need be
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Any joy or did you log a ticket?

Comment

Its been logged by Rich as on bugzilla and I've just added some detail, so hopefully this will help. http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1235

Comment

I wonder if as a workaround (until they get around to fixing the DSC plugin so the value field has different values for armed stay and armed away like the string field does) whether you can call a script with an event on change of status of the partition and the script can check the status string rather than the value. My scripting is very rusty so this is a bit beyond me at the moment.

Comment

OK, answered my own question, so as thanks for the help I've received on the forum, my code is below. I use a simple event with a trigger of the status of the main partition changing status to call the vb script (as a .vb file in the homeseer\scripts directory). I use this to set a virtual device "Alarm Status". I have set this up with values 0 for Ready, 100 for alarm in progress (set by another event separately, so I can then stop lights switching off automatically if the alarm starts ringing), 200 for armed stay, 300 for armed away and 400 for entry/exit delay. In the code below I check the status number for those which have been set up correctly by the plugin and the status string for those where the string is right but the value isn't differentiated, as this is a slower comparison.

Code:
                          Sub Main(parms As Object)
                          	Dim status_num as Integer
                          	Dim status_str as String

status_num = hs.DeviceValueByName("DSC DSC Partition 1")

' Exit delay
                          	If status_num = 656 then
                          		hs.SetDeviceValueByName("DSC DSC Alarm Status",400)
                          	End If

' Entry delay
                          	If status_num = 657 then
                          		hs.SetDeviceValueByName("DSC DSC Alarm Status",400)
                          	End If

' In Alarm
                          	If status_num = 654 then
                          		hs.SetDeviceValueByName("DSC DSC Alarm Status",100)
                          	End If

' Ready/No alarm
                          	If status_num = 650 or status_num = 655 then
                          		hs.SetDeviceValueByName("DSC DSC Alarm Status",0)
                          	End If

status_str = hs.DeviceStringByName("DSC DSC Partition 1")
                          	If status_str = "Partition Armed Stay" then
                          		hs.SetDeviceValueByName("DSC DSC Alarm Status",200)
                          	End If

If status_str = "Partition Armed Away" then
                          		hs.SetDeviceValueByName("DSC DSC Alarm Status",300)
                          	End If

End Sub

Comment

Mack1979 this is great. I hadn't thought of this approach.

There are some issues with the status codes that are present in the Homeseer DSC module and this allows me to work around them. I had thought it was just broken but now see it's just minor stuff we can work around.

For example status "653" is "Ready for Force Arm" but they list it as "Force Armed" which is quite different.

N

Comment

I'm getting ready to release a revamped plugin for DSC.

Partition devices will have arm and disarm buttons only, but will also have a droplist for most other commands.

The plugin will now allow for selecting of most commands and responses, where they are created as devices.(look on the config page)

If you only have one partition, the system will default to using partition 1.

Zones will have bypass and unbypass buttons, or a toggle bypass button if it's a TI100.

Virtual key presses will be consolidated down to just the key presses themselves..., the initial code, the breaks between, and the end charater will be handled by the plugin. (e.g. the code to toggle the bypass for zone 1 is now "*101"..., that's it.) It now also handles long key presses (some key presses require a 1.5 second delay) by including a '+' before the character (e.g. to delay the 0 in the previous example, you would use "*1+01")

An addition for this will be Virtual Commands. Rather than send key presses, if you know the command number you can send that as well as the data needed to go with it. (e.g. if you wanted to send the trigger alarm command(60) for partition 1, you would send "0601"..., that's it.)

The actions and triggers areas handle most commands and responses.

Right now responses for triggers are not qualified by partition or zone, but that will hopefully be something added in soon.

The virtual key presses and virtual command will be available in the events area as well.

I have included a function for scripts called "ExecDSC(byval commandtext as string)". Both the virtual key presses, as well as the virtual commands can be sent through it.

I will be enhancing the logging as I go. For now the checkboxes only add a minimal amount of feedback.

I'm looking for feedback as to what else you would like to see in the plugin to get it as functional as it should be.

I had seen some interest in the temperature commands, so I may add that in as well.

Oh, and the images and status text will now be sent over from the plugin..., no need to have that list in the graphics area. (that can be adjusted however, depending on how people would like to use the graphics area for the plugin.)
                              Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Very much looking forward to the release!

Personally I am only looking to get the functionality we had with the HS2 plug-in along with any Bugzilla requests already raised.

Thanks
                                Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                                X