No announcement yet.

Introducing Z-Tool+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have local login bypass disabled. When I checked it, the app started working. But I don't like having that checked. My kids could come across the server from their devices and wreak havoc, let alone guest on my wifi (network isolation not withstanding) or hackers. So, will the app be updated to support authenticated logins? (I wish there were a setting to bypass auth when it is the local system, not allowing the whole subnet.)

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sbueffel View Post
      I do have local login bypass disabled. When I checked it, the app started working. But I don't like having that checked. My kids could come across the server from their devices and wreak havoc, let alone guest on my wifi (network isolation not withstanding) or hackers. So, will the app be updated to support authenticated logins? (I wish there were a setting to bypass auth when it is the local system, not allowing the whole subnet.)

Scott

I don't have the app yet, since it seems to be unavailable for iOS for now. If the requirements to bypass login are true, I'm not sure if I even want to use the app at all. Very insecure. Should support encrypted authentication, at least. Then again, HS3Touch should too, and not saved in settings. Taking advantage of a fingerprint login would be nice.

Comment

Version 1.2 is Available for Android

The new version includes these functions:
        • Add Unsecure
        • Node Connectivity
        • Optimize
        • Optimize Full

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175876
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

• Add Unsecure
          • Node Connectivity
          • Optimize
          • Optimize Full

Mark,
          Thank you for the update. Look forward to an app to simplify the add / remove process. Probably the feature that I miss most after upgrading from the old HomeTroller...

Comment

• Add Unsecure
            • Node Connectivity
            • Optimize
            • Optimize Full

All of this is available from a tablet, laptop (or phone at a pinch) and always has been. Not sure why the big deal around a stand-alone app for this, unless it's using a new tool-set and gaining enhanced, cross platform, development experience in readiness for a much needed replacement to HS Touch.
            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
              All of this is available from a tablet, laptop (or phone at a pinch) and always has been. Not sure why the big deal around a stand-alone app for this, unless it's using a new tool-set and gaining enhanced, cross platform, development experience in readiness for a much needed replacement to HS Touch.
              Agreed, but it is much easier than trying to make the Controller Management web page big enough to control from a phone, then shrinking it and dragging it so you can see the progress verbiage. Even if it is only an app and not specifically "a new tool-set and gaining enhanced, cross platform, development experience in readiness for a much needed replacement to HS Touch". I've used the app and I've used my phone - the app is much easier.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

With all the web frameworks out there (jQuery, bootstrap, etc.) I wonder why you need a native app? Maybe they need some low-level networking access or something?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

We did this for phone users since that's where the market is heading. To answer your question, this is why this is a big deal:

HS3 Web Interface inclusion method
                  1. Click to Open Your Browser
                  2. Click Your Bookmark to Open HS3 Web Interface
                  3. Click Plug-ins
                  4. Click Z-Wave
                  5. Click Controller Management
                  6. Click to expand the Z-Wave interface section
                  7. Click the Actions menu
                  8. Click Add/Include a Node
                  9. Click Start

Note that I only included the clicks and didn't include all the pinching, zooming and scrolling needed for this either!

Z-Tool+ inclusion method
                  1. Click to Launch Z-Tool+
                  2. Click Add Device

If you're not using a phone to set up your network, you're probably not going to care about Z-Tool+. if you are though... this is a game changer!

Comment

We did this for phone users since that's where the market is heading. To answer your question, this is why this is a big deal:

HS3 Web Interface inclusion method
                    1. Click to Open Your Browser
                    2. Click Your Bookmark to Open HS3 Web Interface
                    3. Click Plug-ins
                    4. Click Z-Wave
                    5. Click Controller Management
                    6. Click to expand the Z-Wave interface section
                    7. Click the Actions menu
                    8. Click Add/Include a Node
                    9. Click Start

Note that I only included the clicks and didn't include all the pinching, zooming and scrolling needed for this either!

Z-Tool+ inclusion method
                    1. Click to Launch Z-Tool+
                    2. Click Add Device

If you're not using a phone to set up your network, you're probably not going to care about Z-Tool+. if you are though... this is a game changer!
                    I use my iPad mostly (iPhone and Laptop occasionally) and I guess those steps have become 2nd nature. I was hoping you were going to say it's a pre-cursor to a whole new mobile HST UI, but I understand that you might not want to be drawn in to that conversation.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

I use my iPad mostly (iPhone and Laptop occasionally) and I guess those steps have become 2nd nature.
                      If you're adding the occasional device to your network, it's not a huge deal to use the web GUI on a phone. However, if you're doing a whole house, it's downright PAINFUL! Z-Tool+ simplifies the process greatly.

Comment

Mark,
                        Is it normal that it takes this long for Apple to approve the new app?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                          Mark,
                          Is it normal that it takes this long for Apple to approve the new app?
                          The Android and Microsoft approval processes are automated. Apple appears to have a manual process. So yea... it can take weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                            I have similar issues....
                            [/FONT][/COLOR]
                            I was having an issue with Z-Wave missing functions for my Z-Wave lock in an event. Sparkman suggested a fix:
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...04&postcount=4

Curiously, the second option ("stop the z-wave plugin and rename the z-wave2.db file in the data\z-wave directory to something else and then restart the plugin") not only fixed my missing Z-wave functions, but also seemed to have fixed my problem with the Z-Tool+, which works now.

Just thought I would throw that out as something to try.

Elliott
                            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

dear all,

I have also problems with the app on android. on startup I get this message:

Code:
                              error getinterfaceslist

unexpected character encountered while parsing value: b. path ",line 0, position 0.
                              I have local login enabled, jso enabaled and tried the zwave2.db renaming. still no luck

When i slect one of the functions of the app, i get object reference ius not set to an instance of the object

I am on 1.94 and the latest zwave .25

regards

Bart
                              Regards Bart
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                              HSPRO 3.
                              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

just saw you guys added optimize and some other options! you rock! thanks
                                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Working...
                                X