Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me get QLC (Qlight) working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...continued

But you could setup more advanced stuff as you can use the websocket to pass DMX direct if you want, to control sliders, etc. But the approach of setting up the scenes/animations in QLC+ and then just assigning them to a button seemed the simplest approach... keep QLC+ doing what is does best (interfacing to DMX/LED Matrix, running shows, animations, managing fixtures, establishing scenes, etc)... and leave HS3 to be a master controller just pressing buttons.

So just like the SONOFF stuff before you can trigger this using MQTT commands in HS3. e.g.:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HS3-DMXtrigger.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1194660

So to summarise, it looks more complex than it is.
    HS3 -> MQTT plugin -> MQTT Server -> NodeRed MQTT Node -> NodeRed -> NodeRed Websocket Node -> QLC+ Websocket API -> Button on Virtual Desk -> Pre-configured Scene, Value or Show

I tried an ArcNet plugin for NodeRed... overly complex, required a load of mapping in QLC+ and then there were ongoing issues of it repeating the previous commands over and over again. I also tried an OSC plugin but got lost in the complexity of that approach. I also tried direct scripting but that had too many pre-requisites and too much to go wrong. I tried using FLIRC to simulate keypresses vis a Harmony remote... that actually worked but is hard to maintain and is a HUGE kludge I could not live with as you could get unknown or lost states.The final solution is remarkably simple in comparison to all these approaches and "just works" with a low chance of failure.

With the HS3 - MQTT plugin - MQTT Server - NodeRed MQTT Nodes - NodeRed setup there is pretty much NOTHING in the world you cannot add to HS3. I really think HS should bundle them in the standard package. It gives you access to Websockets, Web resources, etc. NodeRed really does live up to it's billing

Hope this helps others!

Comment

Hey Frunk,

In case you thought nobody noticed or appreciated your guide, I just wanted to say thanks for this nice work. It's been picked up by some DMX / OpenHAB people and is much appreciated:
      https://community.openhab.org/t/some...tions/89895/19

After 2 years, are your lights are going well?

Cheers,
      Phil

Comment

Working...
      X