Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsyers View Post
    @garadget or Mr. Happy,

Will your device support myQ on LiftMaster, Chaimberlain, Craftsman, ect. openers and is it IOS only?

J
    The unit itself just has an open/close set of contacts and as such if your door opener supports that then it should work (just basically a switch to open/lower the door). I've just quickly googled myQ and that looks to be another web interface for doors, the unit/plugin would not talk directly to the myQ unit.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      The unit itself just has an open/close set of contacts and as such if your door opener supports that then it should work (just basically a switch to open/lower the door). I've just quickly googled myQ and that looks to be another web interface for doors, the unit/plugin would not talk directly to the myQ unit.
      MtHappy, myQ had gone proprietary and it's very feature limited as int it only closes the door and cost a $1 a month to use or $10 a year for use outside their web app. kingfetty has put a-lot of work into the plugin to keep up with their security changes but now everyone on this rock just got shut out Monday. I'm concerned that this device will not be able to handle the data stream that comes out of the control panel on the wall for up/down/light and so on...

J

Comment

Originally posted by garadget View Post
        @jlrichar, you voice some legitimate concerns. There are serveral ways in which I try to address them:

If you want to stretch your buck even more, consider these options
        The link is " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private"

Comment

Plugin doesn't work

On the settings page it says "Connected to Garadget"
          But below it says "No Devices Found" and "No Device Data Available/Communication Problem"
          And in the log:
          Code:
          Garadget 3P    *** Get List Of Devices ***
          Garadget 3P    Access Token Generated & Saved
          Garadget 3P    OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
          Garadget 3P    *** Get OAuth Token ***
          Garadget 3P    Settings Table Reset Called
          Garadget 3P    Start The Connection Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	garadget_plugin.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1261031

Comment

I had a special charachter in the password, removing it fixed the problem.

Comment

The latest version of Garadget firmware supports MQTT - just wondering if there are any plans to implement MQTT in the plugin as well?
              The only reason I selected Garadget - was existing Homeseer plugin, but I assumed that the plugin was talking to Garadget directly without cloud service.
              Unfortunately it's not the case...

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                Plugin doesn't work

On the settings page it says "Connected to Garadget"
                But below it says "No Devices Found" and "No Device Data Available/Communication Problem"
                And in the log:
                Code:
                Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                Garadget 3P Access Token Generated & Saved
                Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	garadget_plugin.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1261031
                Sorry for the lateness in the reply, my work has taken over my life. Glad it is working in the end - not sure what the special character issue is but next time I look at this I will add it to the list to fix. It is a plugin that either just works and a few people are using it or no one is using it and as such I don't get to know about things because I get very little contact about it.

The plugin was very much before the MQTT became available (and the Particle Cloud API was the only communication method) and I didn't even know it had been updated, I have never touched MQTT so would need to check what was involved in adopting that to communicate with the unit. I'll have a look as soon as I can.

Comment

not sure what the special character issue is
                  FYI it was '!'

Comment

Soooooo.... question.... it works for me on homeseer windows but doesnt work on homeseer raspberry pi.... any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by salkady View Post
                      Soooooo.... question.... it works for me on homeseer windows but doesnt work on homeseer raspberry pi.... any ideas?
                      I never tested it on Linux that I remember but no reason I can think that it shouldn't work. When you say it does not work then what is the issue that you are seeing?

Comment

It actually connects but doesn’t find any devices ... same account on the windows my two devices show up

Comment

Now you mention that issue I can remember something similar, I'm extremely time limited at the minute but will take a look as soon as I can.

Comment

Now you mention that issue I can remember something similar, I'm extremely time limited at the minute but will take a look as soon as I can.

Any updates on that ? I would gladly fund the work

Comment

Originally posted by salkady View Post

Any updates on that ? I would gladly fund the work
                              I've had a look at this and can't see an issue, I have HS3 in Linux running in a VM and have tested both running it remotely on windows to a Linux HS instance and also locally on the Linux computer. Both seemed to find the device just fine and I could query and control it just fine, I don't have a Raspberry Pi to be able to answer specifics as to that however I would think it should work providing you are running a relatively recent Pi.

The issue I remembered was that posted above that special characters in the password caused an issue, it would show as connected but not get any devices - do you have any special characters in either your username or password for the Garadget service?

I encrypt the password in the device data using the hs.encryptstringex call, I've just done some testing and can't recreate the issue with special characters (they appear to decrypt fine) but it might be something to try.

Comment

The download link (http://seriousface.ddns.net/plug-ins...#Garadget%203P) for the User Guide, located on Homeseer (https://shop.homeseer.com/products/a...lug-in-for-hs3) is broken.

Can anybody point me to a correct URL for the User Guide, for this plugin?

Comment

Working...
                                X