X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'd be concerned, since my IR gun says it's already running at 95 F in a 70 F house, and it's not loaded at all (just idleing w/Speaker.exe and Win 7)

Z

Comment

Dancraft seems to be missing in action as well. They were the OEM of Hal's Red October IR interface, but also sold through Dancraft as the IR Jukebox.

Anyone remember the Samantha home assistant? (circa 1994)

I'll also add Lightwood to the list. They made curtain / drapery motors that closed the curtains by pulling the cord. Very good ones at that. As I recall Somfy bought them out.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Triggle; June 18, 2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

- Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Powered up one of the Xi3 micro PC's today. It came with a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro without a license. It runs W7 64 bit well. It is hot running.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Kaleidescape

If you're a Cinephile (movie enthusiast), you are familiar with Kaleidescape... even if you're not rich enough to own their products. This past week, the company shut down operations and is actively looking for a buyer. Here's an interview with CEPRO: http://www.cepro.com/article/kaleide...ena_srinivasan
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Add Zonoff to the list of companies no longer in operation. They were the tech providers behind Somfy's Tahoma controller and the Staples Connect hub. Here's the story: http://www.cepro.com/article/goodbye..._honeywell_adt

Comment

wow... im wondering if that IOT garage door company will end up here on your list..
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Unrelated / related thinking that Staples is just about at end life these days.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Should MainLobby (Cinemar) be added to the list? Their home page is still up but it displays Flash animations that are blocked by Chrome and the most recent post on their message board is something from Aug 5th that was not replied to. Only 4 of their forums have a "latest post" from this year (2017).

Comment

I didn't see mention of PowerHome which I tried to use 10 years ago. It was like HS control software which was written using Sybase PowerBuilder. At the time I thought it had a lot of potential. Got some Insteon switches and a PLM, power-home license and began trying to automate and control the insteon devices. Ultimately I wanted to integrate it with WebCamXP which I was using for surveillance/security. I kind of got it working but it was so unreliable and buggy that after about 6 months, I abandoned it. Kept using WebcamXP. Fast forward 9 years and I got interested again when my analog capture board died. I decided to replace WebcamXP (by then actually Webcam7) with Blue Iris. That went real well. Then I researched HA software and found HS3. They both played well together. After a decade, I'm happy and have a reliable system.

http://www.power-home.com/default.aspx

Comment

Got an email a while back about Cinemar becoming a new company. The new company name is Allonis LLC

I did purchase Main Lobby first generation when first introduced while running Homeseer a few years back after meeting the group at one HSExpo in Florida...a couple years after meeting Rich at one HSExpo in 2003. (still looking for the Mainlobby display from around then...)

BTW the keypad to the left is an HAI OmniPro keypad and Homeseer integration to the HAI OmniPro was featured here and that got me to purchase my first of two HAI OmniPro panels.

[ATTACH]62787[/ATTACH].
                          Last edited by Pete; August 16, 2017, 12:50 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Used a C64 in the early 1980's for my automation and it did text to speech (very primitive). Purchased the C64 around 1982 at the initially offered price. (also had a Pet computer right around then). The Pet computer in my office ran one of the first Commodore BBS's in the midwest using a stack of Ventel modems and tapping (a bit of phone freaking at the time) payphone lines snooping around my office building.

Used a Kaypro for doing bean counting spreadsheets back then...

[ATTACH]62788[/ATTACH]

Commodore 64 automation is back again from the dead...(2016)

The Internet of Things is a horrific waste of time, even though no one knows exactly what it is. What would make it better? Classic Commodore gear, of course. Now you can run your smart home with a Commodore 64 and Commodore Home, the newest smart home framework from [retro.moe].

Commodore Home comes with the standard smart home features you would expect. The home lighting solution is a dot matrix printer, a few gears, and string tied to the light switch. Activate the printer, and the lights turn on and off. Brilliant. Multiple light switches can be controlled by daisy chaining printers.

Security is important in the smart home, and while the intruder alarm isn’t completely functional, future versions of Commodore Home will dial a modem, log into a BBS, and leave a message whenever an authorized person enters your home.

All of this is possible thanks to advances in UniJoystiCle technology, also from [retro.moe]. This device takes a standard ESP8266 WiFi module and turns it into a smartphone-to-joystick port bridge for the Commodore 64.

Unlike every other piece of IoT hardware being sold today, Commodore Home won’t stop working when the company behind it goes belly up; Commodore has been dead for twenty years already. You can grab all the software for Commodore Home over on the Githubs, or you can check out the video below.
                            Last edited by Pete; August 16, 2017, 12:45 AM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

OK so... while the website and forum are still up, Cinemar is in the "no longer being developed" category then. PowerHome is still being sold via distribution, so that's still in the 'active' status.

Comment

Cinemar aka the flash interface is dead.

Allonis is alive and well with the new web interface which works great. I believe that one can still utilize the flash user interface with the Allonis myServer product. But, why would you want to.
                                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
                                X