Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon trigger 'Transmits a Heartbeat' available for any device?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon trigger 'Transmits a Heartbeat' available for any device?

Mark,

On 3.0.6.13, I'm able to specify the Insteon trigger 'Transmits a Heartbeat' for any device (SwitchLinc, LampLinc, KPL, etc.). I was expecting this trigger to be available for RF only devices, like the MS II.

As designed or wrong array coded?

Originally posted by claude View Post
    Mark,

On 3.0.6.13, I'm able to specify the Insteon trigger 'Transmits a Heartbeat' for any device (SwitchLinc, LampLinc, KPL, etc.). I was expecting this trigger to be available for RF only devices, like the MS II.

As designed or wrong array coded?
    yah, I might limit the device selection to MSII devices for now, and add other RF devices as appropriate.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Is there any way to create a "Has not transmitted a heartbeat for" option?

Just looking for an easier way to create an event if a device misses it's check in.

Thanks!
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

use a regular hs trigger and build logic device has been off for more than 24 hours or something related to your heartbeat frequency
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That was what I was originally thinking of doing but looking in the logs I never saw the heartbeat event for any of my motion II's so I wasn't sure if it would work.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
            That was what I was originally thinking of doing but looking in the logs I never saw the heartbeat event for any of my motion II's so I wasn't sure if it would work.
            as long as you are seeing the last changed date updating, the trigger will work. I think I added heartbeat logging for the next beta
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Cool thanks.

Comment

Mark,

with the received heartbeat trigger - can I use this for my Water Leak detector?

currently I have a number of timers that count down and if the heartbeat is not received each 24 hours then I get a warning email.

using the Received Heartbeat would simplify this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
                  Mark,

with the received heartbeat trigger - can I use this for my Water Leak detector?

currently I have a number of timers that count down and if the heartbeat is not received each 24 hours then I get a warning email.

using the Received Heartbeat would simplify this event.
                  you can use the same logic with the water leak detector.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Leak Sensor not showing heartbeat, but does update

Using Insteon 3.0.6.0: I recently installed a leak sensor (Insteon 2852-222) and see two devices in my device list: The sensor and heartbeat. The heartbeat has never shown other than a flat-line or 0 value, yet the Last Change on the heartbeat shows an update at about the same time each day.

The status graphic includes a heartbeat blip if the device value goes to 100. Is this ever supposed to display? Even for just a moment?

I ask because I wrote an event to trigger if heartbeat >0, but it never fires. I'm checking the last change to see if it's more than 25 hours ago each day, but I'm wondering why the heartbeat device exists and has a 100/blip status if it never leaves 0 / flatline status.
                    Last edited by dzee; May 13, 2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

the leak sensor heartbeat goes On and them immediately Off when it receives the msg. if you were watching the status page you would see see the graphic change.

use the standard hs trigger, device has been off for more than 25 hours to trigger an event when a heartbeat hasn't been received.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X