This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    Thanks for confirming this Guy. My suggestion would be to keep the 'SendSMS' format and use the new version in the updater so you don't have to change your scripts again when you next update.
    The updater isn't giving me the option to change versions currently. Note, the list shows:

Installed: 3.3.0.38572
    Available: 3.3.0.11572

I've done "Update Listing" a couple times but perhaps it won't let me update since the Available version is a lower number than Installed?

I will watch for this and update when it lets me and I will then switch back to "SendSMS" as you've advised.

Thank you!

Comment

Sorry Guy, spot of finger trouble there. Refresh the updater and you should see 3.3.1.x
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
        Sorry Guy, spot of finger trouble there. Refresh the updater and you should see 3.3.1.x
        Got it, switched back to SendSMS, and all seems to be working, thanks!

Comment

Glad it's sorted. Sorry for the hiccup.
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
            I'll try this version at the weekend and let you know....

Cheers
            Scott
            Hi Gavin

Installed 3.3.1.38978 and it's working perfectly.

Cheers
            Scott

Comment

Good to hear Scott, thanks for the feedback. There were quite a few changes to this version to try and improve stability and performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Is there any beta for linux version (its mentioned that there are some work around mono )
                to test it?

Comment

The plugin "should" work under Linux. There is an issue with Linux and virtual serial ports which makes it difficult for me to test properly. If you'd like to try then PM me and I'll send you the ZIP file if you are comfortable with manual plugin installation.

Comment

This looks great.

What gsm device do you recommend which isn't too expensive with this plugin?

Also How can this be used with a gsm phone?

Thanks!
                    Tom
                    baby steps...starting again with HS3
                    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

You can pick up a dedicated Modem like the the Wavecom Q2303 for under $40.

I'm using a gateway based on the Siemens MC35i chipset.

You should be able to use most phones as long as they create a COM port to communicate with. So most of the older GSM phones like the Nokias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gavin,

Thanks! Yup found some on ebay. Is there anyway to have use this sms gateway as a failover when DSL goes down?
                        Tom

Comment

TomTom it depends what you want to do. My plugin is simply designed to send and receive SMS messages via the gateway. It's not designed to create a data connection at all. If you're looking for IP data backup to DSL then I'd suggest a 3G router of some sort.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that if HS could tell if it looses internet connection, then send messages via the sms gateway? I need this for security and smoke alarm notifications.

Also I saw a this post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...67&postcount=4
                            " I use mine for alarm events and notifications that the Internet is down."
                            How exactly is HS able to tell when it looses internet connection?
                            Tom

Comment

Aha. Yes, that is just what I use it for. I use UltraMon3 to ping Google and if it fails to respond then send me an SMS. I use my Paradox alarm plugin (there are plugins for nearly all alarm manufacturers) to send an SMS when the alarm goes off with the name of the zone that was triggered.

I even use the plugin so I can send a quick 'coming home' SMS to HS and it triggers a bunch of events to prep the house.

Comment

SMS Gateway Error

I have a trial for the SMS-Gateway Plugin. I want to be able to receive a text message when an event occurs, like a leak sensor detects water, as an example. I have been able to try a few things over the last week. The issue is that when loading the sttaus is "OK", but there is an error on startup. I am using com4 which has the access to Insteaon dual band Powerlinc modem. I get the following message:
                                1/23/2016 10:03:01 PM ~!~SMS-Gateway Error~!~Error connecting to COM4 : Access to the port 'COM4' is denied.Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Comment

Working...
                                X