Doorbird (Video Doorbell) Plugin Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doorbird (Video Doorbell) Plugin Request

I would like to request any Dev's that have interest in integrating a video doorbell into their home automation to consider writing a plugin for this product:

http://www.doorbird.com/

Here is a link to the API
    https://www.doorbird.com/api
    https://www.doorbird.com/downloads/api_lan.pdf?6

I recently found out about this while researching Ring and SkyBell. Both of which have no API available and therefore limited integration with our Homeseer Automation setups.

Also of note this unit also can be accessed with any NVR like BlueIris to view the video and supports PoE and wired connection so you don't have to rely on flakey WIFI

Anyways I saw a thread or two of users that are currently using this product and thought if there was enough interest perhaps a developer could pick this project up.
    Last edited by skarragallagher; May 5, 2016, 06:38 PM. Reason: added links

+1

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

+1
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Good to set some interest here, hopefully this will get enough attention that a dev would want to pick this up

Comment

+1

Comment

I would develop a plugin but I can't figure out the plugin documentation.

Comment

+1

Comment

Peter, has provided a detailed post of how he integrated the Doorbird to HS3 here.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=40
                Tom
                baby steps...starting again with HS3
                HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

While I don't have a unit yet I would love to see this integrated with homeseer via plugin.

Guys let's post your top feature requests for the plugin. Hopefully one of the talented devs will pick it up!

Comment

I am considering a Doorbird as well given the access to the local stream. Looking at the LAN API document, there are not a lot of features exposed. It looks like the camera feeds can already be integrated with the existing camera plugins. Unless I'm missing something, everything else in that API document looks to be implementable with some simple scripts.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It's way too expensive for me to justify buying one for the sake of writing a plugin but looking at that API as Al says it is fairly simple and you might not need a plugin (although it would be nicely packaged in one) as you can register a URL that could come through your local IP/MyHS and simply turn a device on/off when the doorbell event hits. A script to turn the other things on/off should work OK also.

Comment

All a plugin would be is a nicely packaged set of scripts.

Comment

Nice to see this thread getting some activity and interest.

While I agree that most could be accomplished with various different scripts, and with the posting shared it seems we have a workable solution. I was thinking that there could be Custom Triggers and Conditions that could be setup for use with events etc.

Also not all of us are scripting gurus. This appears to be the only such video doorbell with integration options. In My opinion it is worth the cost and having a neatly packaged plugin for tighter integration would be worth it.

I figured I would post here to see if there was interest by any developers. I would try to write one but unfortunately I don't possess the software coding skills

Comment

It would be fantastic if there was a plugin. I would write one but the plugin documentation is awful. I hope we get a proper plugin soon, doorbird has even integrated with control4.

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Working...
                              X