Remote access stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote access stopped working

My HS3 ZEE was working fine until this morning when I added three new devices. Now remote access does not work, I get a connection failure message.

Assuming it's not simply the case that the server is down...

If I try to connect through myhs.homeseer.com with a browser on my PC, then I get an error that the it cannot create a connection to 127.0.0.1, which is obviously not the address for the device.

When I try to connect from my android phone I just get Connection Failed with Server.

I have restarted the HS3 Zee. It is running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297 (Linux).

Thanks in advance

Chris
    Last edited by pi1; January 22, 2017, 10:54 AM.

You might need to plug in an hdmi monitor and watch it boot up to spot any errors.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Sounds like the same issue discussed here:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184885
      Unfortunately, doesn't seem it was solved...

Comment

Originally posted by pi1 View Post
        My HS3 ZEE was working fine until this morning when I added three new devices. Now remote access does not work, I get a connection failure message.

Assuming it's not simply the case that the server is down...

If I try to connect through myhs.homeseer.com with a browser on my PC, then I get an error that the it cannot create a connection to 127.0.0.1, which is obviously not the address for the device.

When I try to connect from my android phone I just get Connection Failed with Server.

I have restarted the HS3 Zee. It is running HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297 (Linux).

Thanks in advance

Chris
        My remote access has stopped too. Wondered if it was linked to the "Denial of Service..." post:
        https://board.homeseer.com/showthrea...51#post1270451

Comment

Thanks for the responses. In the end the fix was simple, cycle the power. I had used the web interface to restart the system which had not fixed anything but cycling the power did.

Another symptom I had noticed was that the clock was off by 3 hours.

Thanks to all.

Chris

Comment

I found the solution. Cycle the power. I had been restarting the device from the web page but that didn't fix it. Cycling the power did. Another symptom I saw was that the clock was off by 3 hours.

There had been a 2hr power cut the night before and perhaps that was long enough for the UPS to expire or perhaps some transients during power recovery.

Thanks for all the input.

Chris

Comment

Web Server fails after a few days

Hi, I have a Zee S2 with HS3 that's been rock solid for over a year. In the last couple of months it appears the web server stops responding. The automation scripts are still running (lights going off / on at the right times), but can't connect to HS. A reboot fixes the problem for 3 - 7 days, but then it drops again. Any ideas on how I can start troubleshooting?

Bert

Comment

Working...
              X