Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integrate Android Tasker with Homeseer (Old Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any news about the test of the first version ?

Comment

Originally posted by snowboarder View Post
      is there any news about the test of the first version ?
      This is going really well. There is a couple of things to sort out and some documentation to write but this is one of the best things I have seen for homeseer. Tony has done a great job with this and I will let him tell you all the details of this fantastic script.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
        The issue I and others have had is sending HTTP from Tasker to HS2 from outside the LAN. I can't get authentication to work.
        personally, i really like using IM as a communication channel from remote devices to our HA system. having just got Tasker during the recent sale, i'm not sure if there are hooks for IM. i do know you can use SL4A with tasker, and SL4A will easily let you interface to IM. that's what i'm using for siri-like control from our cellphones http://goo.gl/cjs0K

Comment

Damage,

The IM integration, is this with Google Talk? What do you use on the server side? Or is this only PHONE to server? I.e. can the server "ping" you for an alert?

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

no it's not using google talk - under the hood i guess it's google talk, but it doesn't use the actual google talk app - just the api. a python script is using SL4A's API hooks to android's IM to send a command and wait for a response from the server (it is 2 way). i have a separate IM login for each device the script is installed on (to differentiate users/devices). that's in addition to the regular android/gtalk login a user would have. on the server, i have a scripting engine i wrote with a built in IM client that processes all the commands and IMs back the results/responses. that IM client also sends IMs to my regular gtalk account with alerts like the mailbox is opened, the dog is barking...

also it looks like SL4A is the going method for sending IMs via tasker http://tasker.wikidot.com/sendim

Comment

Hi, I've been very busy last weeks and can be one more or so but will try to take the time to continue working on the project.
              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
              --
              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Just here to add my support for the project. Having to wait for HSTouch to load before I can do something as simple as turn on a light or mute my receiver is the reason my android phone is currently the last resort for control. I could see this approach upgrading my phone to the first resort.

Comment

I just ordered android tablet for my kitchen wall, and will rely on tasker and
                  this plugin to interface with HoneSeer
                  tenholde

Comment

this was released? I've been waiting...

Since HST takes so long to load, for quick things, this seems like it is going to be the fastest access to doing things. Right now, I have my Homeseer send a text to my phone, and I trigger things like that. I wanted to just use HST...but it isn't a service.

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Any update on this app? I am very interested in trying it out.

Comment

Just come across this thread, now exploring the endless uses of tasker and starting to use some basic http gets to communicate with hs but this sounds great so would be very interested in trying this.

Comment

Possible idea

Been following this forum for years, wanted to make a comment and possibly throw an idea out there.
                          I have an android device and use a program called Eva virtual assistant. It operates like most voice assisted programs, but it Allows you to call your custom Tasker commands by voice.

For example
                          I have a Tasker script that basically automates the volume blue tooth wife etc when I'm at home or away based on gsm cell towers.

Imagine if you could extend that to homeseer and have Tasker turn on your porch light, announce your arrival etc etc.

That seems possible to me. Eva already has insteon support but I've never been able to test it out.

Comment

Would love to try this out!

Just adding another voice to the mix. I've been using Tasker for a few weeks, SpeechDroid for a few hours, and would love the added features this script promises to open up. Any update on a final version?

WeaslyD

Comment

Add me to the list of people interested in this script! I have been looking for something like this.
                              Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                              www.JohnWPB.com
                              Created with LCARS

Comment

I am very interested as well... Just starting with HomeSeer but already looking to it's many possibilities!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X