Z-Seer+ Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rich,

I have over 100 nodes in my system, so the nodes are not able to be shown on 1 page. Scrolling down is maddingly slow. Anything that can be done to improve that?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

My Dinosaur

The new Z-Seer looks nice on the screenshots and it installed just fine. Unfortunately, it won't run on my Win XP Pro dinosaur. Despite the good looks and the great price I don't have any desire to upgrade my ancient system to Win 7. Oh well.

Comment

Yes, I noticed that too. I think it tries to figure out where to move the interface node to so that it's still visible and not overlaying any other node.
        cheeryfool

Comment

So I bought Z-Seer+ today and installed it on my Intel NUC that hosts HS3 before I got the email with documentation that told me I could install it on my remote PC. I spent a considerable amount of time making the display pretty (or at least make sense from a physical perspective), and then got the documentation. Oh well. So I re-installed it on my desktop PC, but don't want to spend all that time rearranging everything. I went into the HS3 directory on the NUC but can't find the file that the layout is saved in. Can someone point out the file and location?

I even did a "Save as" to make it obvious, but I still can't find it.

Thanks.

Comment

Wow! Now the thing isn't coming up. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application, but still no luck.

:-(
            Attached Files
            Don

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
              My experiences exactly mirror your own. The randomness of the delays is extremely frustrating. It cuts across all four of my networks, but comes and goes. I have done everything I know how to do to chase this down - removing and re-adding nodes, moving nodes from one network to another, optimizing, rescanning, erasing and restoring controllers from backup files, deleting the zwave file and rebuilding. Nothing works.

Everything was working great until just a couple of weeks ago where I did two things - one was upgrading HS3 to 118, and the second was upgrading the Z-Wave PI to 116. The problems didn't happen immediately, but have gotten steadily worse. I have tried to set manual routes, played around with associations, poured over the tech manuals on the sensors for parameters I might have set wrong, etc. Nothing at all helps. I out of desperation reverted to 097 this morning but that didn't help either. I am almost to the point of starting from scratch, but the prospect with 170 devices and 900 events is too much to even think of.

As if that isn't bad enough, all these new Z-Wave Plus switches I bought from Enerwave (21 of them total, replacing in-wall Aeon micro controllers) have a problem that the physical switch stops responding after a few hours. Switches still work from the remote control, but you can't turn the switch on and off manually. Enerwave was able to replicate in their lab - but ONLY with a Homeseer controller. Now I am sitting on about a grand of switches that don't physically work (you can reset power to them, and they will function correctly for a few hours) and no solution. Nearly five years into this home control thing, and I still feel like an alpha tester.
              We can take this to another thread, but I installed .124 to try Z-Seer+ this morning. as of about 10 minutes ago my Z-Wave delays were consistently 5-15 seconds. I restarted HS and it cleared. There was not excessive CPU or RAM being consumed. It looks like rollback time again because I will not be able to live with SWMBO with these delays. Of course .87 is no longer in the updater to roll back to, so I will have to dig up a backup.

With regard to the Enerwave devices, I have 5 of their energy reporting duplex outlets and they have been horrible. They will quit reporting, lock up and generally misbehave. I just got my 3rd warranty replacement for one that would not report, be controlled, exclude or include.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                You should see a gray circle with a number (for number of hops) if routing is required or a green circle with a "D" indicating a "Direct" connection with the controller. Are you seeing the green icon?
                Neither, here is what is shown.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by edparty View Post
                  The new Z-Seer looks nice on the screenshots and it installed just fine. Unfortunately, it won't run on my Win XP Pro dinosaur. Despite the good looks and the great price I don't have any desire to upgrade my ancient system to Win 7. Oh well.
                  Ed

Skip Win 7, go straight to Win 10 or Linux!

From your sort of neighbour, near Red Bank

Cheers
                  James
                  cheeryfool

Comment

A few extra thoughts / requests...

I am loving having Z-seer back in the mix. It's been a long while since the HS2 version.

A few things that I see that could be improved.

1. In the detail panel at the bottom for the Neighbors line, I would like to see the Neighbor count, preceding the list. I know the node shows the count when you hover over the bar on the right side, but it would like to see it without needing to do that. Alternatively, show the neighbor count value on the node as well along with the bar chart.

2. The Neighbor list is truncated when you have a large network. Yes, you can hover over it and a tool-tip shows the complete list, but there is plenty of space there to show shrink the Classes panel and show the complete Neighbor list. Perhaps also make the node list have tool-tips for each node, showing the friendly name.

3. Is it possible to include everything from the Node Info screen of the Z-Wave PI, including the Set Route option?

4. I find it a bit confusing when the Optimise option for a node, moves the node to a completely random location when complete. I might be missing something here with Save-As views!

5. It would make it enormously easier to visually comprehend routes and filters if the nodes that are not part of the selection were grayed out. In the case of routes, the routes could be brought to front also.

6. As Al mentioned previously, it's extremely slow to repaint when scrolling a large network. Most of the time I remote on to my machine that runs Z-Seer+ (running remotely from HS3) from a laptop with lower resolution than the ZS+ machine's native resolution. If I view ZS+ from the machine it's running on, then this isn't an issue as there is plenty of screen real-estate to show my ever growing Z-Wave network.

7. I think it would be useful to have the concept of 'Last heard from date'. I have 3 devices that I haven't cleaned up.
                    - First one is an ancient in-wall outlet. It stopped working (no power) a long time ago and I haven't found the time to trace the problem. It shows in pink but with 20 neighbours. This is incorrect as it hasn't been online in well over a year.
                    - Second one is a new device (v1 Aeotec clamp meter) that has never recorded a value. Also shows in pink, but with 39 neighbours. It's clearly communicating with the network so the neighbour count is correct, but it's not updating due to me not fixing it.
                    - Third one is an old Aeotec MultiSensor. This shows like a normal battery node with a neighbour count. Problem is, this hasn't been on the network in well over a year, but still shows as if it's a current device.

Yes, I need to clean these nodes up, but it seems a little inconsistent with the way that they are displayed (in HS3 to be honest too).

In any case, please take this as constructive. Loving what you have added back here and hoping for a few tweaks in the coming months

Cheers
                    James
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      My wife has been complaining about and I have been chasing them since 2015...The report buffers range between 10-40.
                      Randy,

Your first quoted point is hard on WAF and when it is low, es no bueno.

The second, the report buffer, what is this? I have been monitoring it and it ranges between 1 and 50ish before dropping down again.
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
                        I have upgraded the Z-wave plugin, but I get these messages and no nodes showing. Restarted HS3 and reinstalled Zseer+

Any ideas?
                        Did this get resolved? I continue to have same issue. Z-Seer+ states it can't connect to Homeseer, but the Homeseer log has an entry that Z-wave polling has been stopped by Z-Seer+.

Elliott
                        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                          Randy,

Your first quoted point is hard on WAF and when it is low, es no bueno.

The second, the report buffer, what is this? I have been monitoring it and it ranges between 1 and 50ish before dropping down again.
                          Rich would have to answer this since it is another item I have never seen documentation on. I am by no means certain of this, but I assume it is a queue of Z-Wave reporting communications back to HS. I say this only because I cannot see any reason why reporting would be outgoing from the HS Z-Wave plug-in. These reports may be things like energy reports from smart switches, temperature and humidity from multi-sensors and thermostats, etc. I do remember that those numbers went down to 0 or close to it when I disabled all of the Aeon energy reporting in my garage network. I can also say that the numbers do not seem to change substantially as a precursor or the result of a period of substantial delays.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy is correct. Note that the buffer might always contain some items as there could be report types that we do not handle. The buffer does get cleared automatically though. I am not concerned about the size of this buffer. I am concerned about the transmit queues, they should always be empty unless HS is sending more traffic than Z-Wave can handle.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            Rich would have to answer this since it is another item I have never seen documentation on. I am by no means certain of this, but I assume it is a queue of Z-Wave reporting communications back to HS. I say this only because I cannot see any reason why reporting would be outgoing from the HS Z-Wave plug-in. These reports may be things like energy reports from smart switches, temperature and humidity from multi-sensors and thermostats, etc. I do remember that those numbers went down to 0 or close to it when I disabled all of the Aeon energy reporting in my garage network. I can also say that the numbers do not seem to change substantially as a precursor or the result of a period of substantial delays.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Randy is correct. Note that the buffer might always contain some items as there could be report types that we do not handle. The buffer does get cleared automatically though. I am not concerned about the size of this buffer. I am concerned about the transmit queues, they should always be empty unless HS is sending more traffic than Z-Wave can handle.
                              As stated in another thread, when my zwave network is experiencing the delay (last one was 33 seconds) the homeseer web page responds normally and the transmit cue was empty. Are there any log files stored in the znet itself?

I'm considering plugging my znet into a switch powered by an x10 module and killing power to it during a delay to see if homeseer ever generates an error of if the znet still sends the data after communications failure just to try and figure out where the point of failure lies.

I have updated the zwave plugin and turned off polling and set timeout to 2 seconds. Now it's a waiting game.
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
                                Neither, here is what is shown.
                                Are you using a Z-Troller or some other older Z-wave interface? If so, Z-Seer+ will not be able to reveal routes. You will need to be running a SmartStick+, Nortek HUSBZ, UZB Stick, Z-NET, or some other Z-Wave Plus controller.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                                Ed

Skip Win 7, go straight to Win 10 or Linux!
                                Z-Seer+ won't run under Linux....FYI
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X