Not Discovering All Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Discovering All Devices

Had everything working with Alexa, then renamed devices to make them less verbose. Forgot all devices in Alexa App and did a discover. Sonos Speakers and Nest Thermostat show up, but NONE of the Light/Fan switches are discovered. I have deleted and reinstalled the HomeSeer Skills, validated that the the Voice Command was checked , etc. Still no luck discovering switches.

HomeSeer SEL Pro
    Sonos PI 3.1.0.22
    Nest PI 3.0.0.28
    MyQ PI 1.1.17267.112
    ZWave PI 3.0.1.148

More Info

Alexa has informed me that I must be a HS3 version 3.0.0.239 or above for these features to work. I'm currently on version 3.0.0.368. Am I missing something?

Comment

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by rwenner View Post
        Had everything working with Alexa, then renamed devices to make them less verbose.
        Similar behaviors and I took the same approach.

Now alexa finds somethings but not others with no discernible pattern and many devices that ought to be discovered are not discovered.

Comment

My Problem was Licensing

Logged in to HS via browser, updated license. Everything is back.

Comment

Updated license?

Do you mean you 'reactivated' or somehow deactivated and reactivated?

Comment

Originally posted by kenflorian View Post
              Updated license?

Do you mean you 'reactivated' or somehow deactivated and reactivated?
              He was using a trial license during his trial period and then purchased a license but didn't get his myHomeseer account configured to his new license. Once his myHomeSeer account had the correct license information it started working.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am not sure if this is the correct thread, but I am having issues with Alexa discovering all of my devices. I had everything working, and then out of the blue, Alexa no longer knew about one of my ZWave devices. I disabled and re-enabled my Homeseer SmartHome skill, restarted my HS server, forgot and re-discovered all my voice enabled devices, and still, Alexa would not recognize one of my devices. I eventually wound up deleting the ZWave device, and re-importing it from my SmartStick+. Then I had to update the name, floor and room, and update all my events that referenced the deleted device. Once all this was done, Alexa recognized the device, but it was a real hassle to get it recognized. My question is: Has anybody else had issues around certain devices no longer being recognized by Alexa, and if so, have you found a better way to remedy the situation other than deleting the device and re-importing it?

Comment

I'm also having a discovery problem. Homeseer devices had been discovered and working for a while. They stopped working a while ago and I just noticed that the Alexa site showed my Homeseer devices as "(offline)". All my non-Homeseer devices were still working correctly. I deleted ALL my devices in Alexa and tried to rediscover them. Now only the non-Homeseer devices were discovered.

Tried all the usual fixes, disable/reenable the Homeseer skill, delete and recreate the devices in Homeseer, reboot Homeseer, etc. but Alexa still can't discover my Homeseer devices anymore with either or both Homeseer skills enabled....

Comment

Here in the UK having just updated from v2 Homeseer SmartHome skill to v3 I am no longer able to discover my zwave devices - only Hue ones. I've tried the unlink relink but no change. Why should this happen and can anyone please assist.

If it helps I noticed that I no longer get the Homeseer log entries during discovery !

Comment

Originally posted by grp View Post
                      I am not sure if this is the correct thread, but I am having issues with Alexa discovering all of my devices. I had everything working, and then out of the blue, Alexa no longer knew about one of my ZWave devices. I disabled and re-enabled my Homeseer SmartHome skill, restarted my HS server, forgot and re-discovered all my voice enabled devices, and still, Alexa would not recognize one of my devices. I eventually wound up deleting the ZWave device, and re-importing it from my SmartStick+. Then I had to update the name, floor and room, and update all my events that referenced the deleted device. Once all this was done, Alexa recognized the device, but it was a real hassle to get it recognized. My question is: Has anybody else had issues around certain devices no longer being recognized by Alexa, and if so, have you found a better way to remedy the situation other than deleting the device and re-importing it?
                      Yep, made a post about it here a while ago, no responses though
                      Discussions regarding HomeSeer's Amazon Echo Skill

Comment

Working...
                      X