Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disabled zones showing Comms fail

Hi,

Thanks again for writing this plugin. I have version 1.2 Hardware with version 1.5 firmware and using a Hometroller SEL. I have it basically working but am not using zones 7 and 8 and have them disabled. However both zones in the plug in show comms fail. I have tried with them enabled also and have set the number of zones to 6 in the configuration.

ocxoman

I found that if I set the number of zones to 8 in the open sprinkler config then the zones are read as disabled and the "comms fail" message does not appear. Thanks again for such a useful plugin.
    Last edited by ocxoman; March 11, 2017, 07:49 PM. Reason: found the solution

Comment

Set zones in the plugin to 6 and then manually delete the two unused zones. They will never be recreated as long as you have the number of zones set to 6.

Cheers.

Comment

I moved over to linux, had it installed and working.. blew up my setup and have been unable to get plug-in reinstalled.. tried to erase files and start over.. nope..

download fails with missing files .. any sugestions ??
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

2nd OpenSprinkler

I have 2 units. Is there a way to support 2?

Comment

There is no easy way to support two units, however it would be possible. It would require a fair re-write of the plugin. I don't have the time or reason to do this for you unfortunately.

Half a shortcut would be to modify a copy and have two versions running in parallel. Grab the source code (pasted earlier in the forum), rename the program to something unique like Opensprinkler2, and do a find-replace within the code for "OS-" to "O2-", find the reference for the .ini file and change it to another unique filename and then compile the .exe.

Sorry I can't be more help here.

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
              I moved over to linux, had it installed and working.. blew up my setup and have been unable to get plug-in reinstalled.. tried to erase files and start over.. nope..

download fails with missing files .. any sugestions ??
              Sorry, the linux install has an issue with case sensitivity I haven't fixed yet. Best bet is to do a manual install.

Once downloaded from the site, go into the Updates3 folder and find the files. Copy the image files to the html/images/OpenSprinkler folder, copy the .ini file to config folder, and copy the .exe. to Homeseer main folder. This usually works.

Comment

Thanks.. once again we b up !
                Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I just ordered an OpenSprinkler and am planning to have a 5 zones system put in at our house

Is anyone using this plugin with HS3 and if so, how is it working for you?

Thanks
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    I just ordered an OpenSprinkler and am planning to have a 5 zones system put in at our house

Is anyone using this plugin with HS3 and if so, how is it working for you?

Thanks
                    We are using it and it works just fine. Used it last year. Turning sprinklers on this weekend.

Michael
                    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                      We are using it and it works just fine. Used it last year. Turning sprinklers on this weekend.

Michael

Same for me.
                      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                        Same for me.
                        What version of the plugin are you using?
                        I have seen a couple versions throughout this thread
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

What version of the plugin are you using?

I have seen a couple versions throughout this thread

2.1.6.0, which seems to be the latest in the updater.
                          cheeryfool

Comment

2.1.6.0, which seems to be the latest in the updater.
                            Great - I will check it out. My OpenSprinkler 3.0 was just delivered.
                            Apparently they had someone buy all their v2.3 stock so they upgraded my order to the 3.0 for no extra. It is wifi only though - no Ethernet hard wire on it.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Great - I will check it out. My OpenSprinkler 3.0 was just delivered.

Apparently they had someone buy all their v2.3 stock so they upgraded my order to the 3.0 for no extra. It is wifi only though - no Ethernet hard wire on it.

I don't really agree with them removing Ethernet. Seems like a backward step to me, though I am sure adding Wifi will be appreciated by many. Mine is firmly hard wired!
                              cheeryfool

Comment

I don't really agree with them removing Ethernet. Seems like a backward step to me, though I am sure adding Wifi will be appreciated by many. Mine is firmly hard wired!
                                I agree - hard wired is always better
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X