Health Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health Update

I know I haven't been around for a while so here is an update on my health status.

I had my last surgery on December 16th. I took 2 1/2 weeks off from work. Had to start back to work on Jan 5th as I was out of time off.
    The surgery was to reattach my large intestine. I was so happy to be rid of the ileoscopy bag.
    Due to several months of no use, my intestine was pretty painful as it started getting used again. After a days work I didn't have the strength to come online to the forums. I am finally getting my strength back.

Since my first surgery last May, I would have pain in my abdomen area every night when I went to bed. I had to take my pain meds every night for several months.
    Good news is that as of last week I am no longer having that pain and I haven't needed any pain meds for almost 2 weeks.

I'm not sure when I will be able to work on my plugins. My Home Automation computer died back in May, the day before I went in for surgery. Talk about a pain, leaving a house that was automated, to come home to one that nothing was automated. It is going to take a new motherboard and cpu to get it back up and running. Probably several more months as I am still paying medical bills.

I do have all the code backed up, just no where to test any changes I make.

The best news is they got all the cancer and I completed a second round of chemo just in case there were any 'too small to be seen' leftovers.

For this year I will have follow up visits and will have to have annual tests to make sure the cancer isn't coming back.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Welcome back Jeff. We can manage here you just keep on getting better and glad to hear your feeling better.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am very glad to hear from you!

I have been thinking more and more about where you are. I didn't post anything because no one else had. I guess I'm a victim of heard mentality as I really wanted to speak up. I am ashamed to say, I was beginning to fear for the worst.

We don't need your plugins. We need your health.

Thank you for checking in.

Vaya con dios.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Welcome back Jeff!!!

You were missed here; we are your other family.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Glad to hear that you're on the road to a full recovery.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You've been through a lot, more than most people could handle. We all hear and read about cancer surgery/chemo and recovery in the media, but very few understand how truly long and arduous a process it really is. Glad the surgery and chemo has been successful, you're blessed.
            Automation always needs a back up plan I guess, especially when its usually dependent on one individual in the home who knows all the ins and outs.
            Wishing you good health and speedy recovery.
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Great News, you have been in our thoughts and prayers.
              Gary

Comment

That is the best news. It's so good to see you back.

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                The best news is they got all the cancer and I completed a second round of chemo just in case there were any 'too small to be seen' leftovers.
                Don

Comment

It is really nice to hear that you are doing better. Hope you take it nice and slow for awhile.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                    It is really nice to hear that you are doing better. Hope you take it nice and slow for awhile.
                    Where is the 'Like' button when you need it?

Great news Jeff!
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Welcome back Jeff, happy to read that things are heading in the right direction. Let us know if we can help in any way.
                      Dirk

Comment

Bring out the Budweiser's Jeff is ok....
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Glad you are doing well Jeff
                          Cheers,
                          Bob
                          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks for the update, been wondering how you were doing..
                            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Just great to see you up and around again.
                              Stay safe.

Tim
                              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Working...
                              X