X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K. Found it. I assume your planned favorite management will still allow different favorites per device?

Comment

how far are you from getting this app to work with Apple Watch and to have notifications on iPhone and watch?

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
        how far are you from getting this app to work with Apple Watch and to have notifications on iPhone and watch?
        Hello!

Apple Watch is not yet on the horizon. But I'm already looking into notifications, hopefully those should come out in the next few weeks.

Comment

notifications will be great! Is Apple Watch possible?

Thanks for your work on this.

Comment

Have you looked at an option to display charts from Jon00's chart package, current cost 3P plugin, etc (saved as jpeg/png images) similar to displaying the images displayed from cameras?

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
              Have you looked at an option to display charts from Jon00's chart package, current cost 3P plugin, etc (saved as jpeg/png images) similar to displaying the images displayed from cameras?
              I have in my list a feature to show images and videos from arbitrary folders in the HS3 server which sounds like it would work for that plugin. I have to finish a couple other things I have in flight first though. But I'll get to it for sure [emoji4]

Comment

App updater broken on Android N

Apparently there is a bug in the version of the HockeyApp library that the app uses which causes a failure to auto-update when running on Android N.

I will look into getting the library updated. For the time being, if your phone/tablet is running Android N and you receive a notification that an update is available, please download it directly from the application page: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60

Thanks to those who brought this to my attention

Comment

New update: Push notifications

New versions of the app and the plugin are available. This update enables Push Notifications to be sent from HS3 to the app. There's also a few updates to the HSBuddyClients page to let you manage devices and check whether the device supports notifications.

Support for notifications is very basic at the moment. More features will be added in the future. If you have ideas on how notifications could be more useful within the app, feel free to submit them through the Feedback section in the app.

To send a push notification
                  1. Select the action called HSBuddy: Send Push Notification
                  2. Select a target device, or choose --All Devices--
                  3. Enter a message for the notification

To manage devices
                  • Go to the Clients link in HS3, under Plugins - HSBuddy
                  • To delete a device, select the red garbage can icon that shows to the right of the device name.
                  • If the device shows a green checkmark under Notifications, then it will be available to select within the Push Notification activity in the Events page.

How to get the update

Note: There is a bug on the Android app, versions 1.0.18 and earlier, that blocks upgrades from within the app. To update to 1.0.19 you have to manually download the app and install. Simply open the link below in your phone's browser. This bug has been fixed and you should be able to continue to update to newer versions from the app as before.

iOS app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/55ad...99834344dcf288
                  Android app: https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/e1b5...4d842273ba7e60
                  Plugin: Available under the BETA section of the Plugin Manager in your HS3 server.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                    New versions of the app and the plugin are available. This update enables Push Notifications to be sent from HS3 to the app.
                    Nice. Will have to test this out.

One thing I was wondering about. . .is there a way to manually trigger a view to refresh device statuses? When I am testing devices getting controlled by an event, it would be nice to see the device status change instantly. . .but if that isn't feasible, how about a refresh status button at the top of each view?

Comment

I'm getting an error in the updater on my Homeseer system. Says error saving the downloaded file:error

Hope it's not my system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                        Nice. Will have to test this out.

One thing I was wondering about. . .is there a way to manually trigger a view to refresh device statuses? When I am testing devices getting controlled by an event, it would be nice to see the device status change instantly. . .but if that isn't feasible, how about a refresh status button at the top of each view?
                        I've been thinking about adding the refresh button to the devices screen. I'll look into that shortly.

You should see devices change state automatically if you setup the app to connect to the ASCII port in HS3, unfortunately that does not work if you're using MyHomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                          I've been thinking about adding the refresh button to the devices screen. I'll look into that shortly.

You should see devices change state automatically if you setup the app to connect to the ASCII port in HS3, unfortunately that does not work if you're using MyHomeSeer.
                          Yeah, I saw that and tested it at home. Not sure I saw seeing consistent timely updates, but because there is no automatic local network detection to switch between myHS and local, I will usually be pointing to the myHS connection, even at home. That would be another cool addition. I can set my local network IP range (or something) and it would automatically use the local rather than myHS in that case. :-)

Comment

For messages that are posted, it would be great to support HS3 variable replacement, i.e. Call hs.ReplaceVariable (see hs3 docs for details) just before sending the message to clients.

Comment

Failed getting InterfaceStatus

I see that TeleFragger posted this same error back in February. Looking through the post I didn't see any comments on a fix, have you figured out the cause?

Thanks

Current Date/Time: 3/13/2017 11:22:38 PM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.280
                              Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 11 Hours 55 Minutes 25 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.168.254.13
                              Number of Devices: 62
                              Number of Events: 34
                              Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              3.0.0.47: BBMessenger
                              2.0.8.0: BLEmail
                              2.0.35.0: BLLAN
                              3.4.312.51: HSBuddy
                              3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                              3.0.6119.21453: UltraNetCam3
                              3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by MarkN View Post

I see that TeleFragger posted this same error back in February. Looking through the post I didn't see any comments on a fix, have you figured out the cause?

Thanks

Current Date/Time: 3/13/2017 11:22:38 PM
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.280
                                Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 11 Hours 55 Minutes 25 Seconds
                                IP Address: 192.168.254.13
                                Number of Devices: 62
                                Number of Events: 34
                                Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
                                3.0.0.47: BBMessenger
                                2.0.8.0: BLEmail
                                2.0.35.0: BLLAN
                                3.4.312.51: HSBuddy
                                3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
                                3.0.6119.21453: UltraNetCam3
                                3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
                                Replied privately to figure it out. I'll post back here anything we find out.

Comment

Working...
                                X