This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post
    "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" is not checked for the MS II Occupancy sensor and the time stamp still shows yesterday after dozens of logged messages since then.

I'll try another reset and provide detailed logs if the issue persists..

Update - did a reset and now the last changed time stamp gets updated. Doesn't make sense to me that resetting would affect 'last changed', but it did. This MS II turns out for me to be full of surprises
    Mark and all,

I'm seeing the same issue again: dusk/dawn and occupancy devices don't get their 'last change' changed on the HS3 dev mgmt page. But Temp, Light level, Battery level do get their time stamp updated; these values are all provided by the heartbeat.

I see Insteon events in the log showing an Occupancy message coming in, but no time stamp update
    May-24 19:23:50 Insteon Received Motion [1:Cuisine] MS2 Occupancy Sensor: MS2 Occupancy Sensor (41.5C.CC) Go ON

Is it the plugin or HS core that is responsible fro updating that time stamp?

Have others experienced this?

Comment

I don't know if this is related but I find that using chrome many device types don't updat last changed unless the browser is refreshed. Perhaps this might be the case with motion sensor II.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
        I don't know if this is related but I find that using chrome many device types don't updat last changed unless the browser is refreshed. Perhaps this might be the case with motion sensor II.
        As far as I know, HS3 does an automatic refresh of the page. I tried F5 on the dev mgmt page and same result.

Comment

Mark,

Is it the plugin or HS core that is responsible for updating that time stamp?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
            Mark,

Is it the plugin or HS core that is responsible for updating that time stamp?
            normally HS. but plugins can force an a new value.

my understand is the "last updated" value is only updated by HS if the value of the device actually changes.

the heartbeat value changes from on to off every time. this is why the date changes.

please compare the MS II with an original MS device and see if they behave differently in terms of the Last Updated
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              normally HS. but plugins can force an a new value.

my understand is the "last updated" value is only updated by HS if the value of the device actually changes.
              HS3 now has a default check on "Do not update device last change time
              if device value does not change:". I've made sure that my devices are unchecked.
              Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
              the heartbeat value changes from on to off every time. this is why the date changes.
              In my post here, I show that MS II heartbeat messages are coming in, but the time stamp is not updated.
              ____________________________________________________________ _

All this being said, I found, again today, that things were back to normal, that is, time stamps (dusk/dawn, heartbeat) are now updated. The only pattern I can see with the MS II is that after powering it up (USB), it seems to take about 24 hours before things start to happen normally.

Without detailed documentation from SH on the behavior of the MS II, I find I'm investing way to much time trying to figure out this 'thing'.

Comment

Problems with new motions not updating temp...

Hi Mark, I've been using my new motionII's for a while now and things were fine. But at some point something went south and I'm not sure why as I haven't changed anything.

I noticed the other day that I was not getting accurate temperature readings from any of my insteon Motion II's except for the one powered by USB. That one seems fine. All of my motions are properly reporting motion/no-motion, it's just the heartbeat check-in's that are failing.

When I dug in to it a bit more I found this is my logs:

Code:
                Sep-05 9:43:20 AM	 	Insteon	Error, an error log file could not be written: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon.ini' because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path) at Insteon.Support.Utilities.LogManager.ReportError(String Msg)
                Sep-05 9:43:20 AM	 	Insteon	** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
                Sep-05 9:43:20 AM	 	Insteon	** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                Sep-05 9:43:20 AM	 	Insteon	***:Error in SaveINISetting: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\config\Insteon.ini' because it is being used by another process. -- Details System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\config\Insteon.ini' because it is being used by another process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append) at Insteon.Support.IniFile.Save(String sFileName) at HSPI_Insteon.hspiAPI.HSAPI.SaveINISetting(String section, String key, Object& Value, String FileName)
                Sep-05 9:41:08 AM	 	Insteon	Device House FrontPorch (41.5C.F1) sent a heartbeat: Battery=Full, Temp=89.9, Light=246

I seem to get one of these or a similar error every time one of them checks in.
                Every once in a while a device will correctly check in as seen by the frontporch above. But more often than not, I get the error instead.
                Other than the issues with heartbeats not working reliably, all other insteon traffic is working as expected.

Please let me know what I can do to assist you in figuring out what is going on.

Regards,
                Tony
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Here is the referenced file:
                  Attached Files

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

rollback to the prev plugin version you had. I need to pull down the latest beta.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Just a heads up, I was having that issue with version 3.0.6.16 as well. I just updated to .17 today as a troubleshooting step. What's weird is that everything was fine. But at some point in the last month this error started happening.

Regards,
                      Tony

Comment

Tony,
                        I just posted .17 the other day so I don't think its related to your MS issue if that MS issue hs been going on for a while

look back for an older error report log file that relates to the motion sensor heartbeat issue you originally posted.

I restores .16 in the beta section updater
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sorry Mark, I'm not sure I'm following you.

I realize that .17 isn't the issue. It was my attempt at a fix and it's only been installed for an hour or two. .16 is the problem child. The files you were shown should have plenty of .16 logging.

Rolling back to .16 isn't going to solve the issue as that is the build that is acting up.
                          If you think you know what the issue is, I'll just hold off until you put up a fixed build.

Again the anomaly here is that the issue manifested long after .16 was installed.
                          Somehow it went from fine to issues all by it self. No upgrades, no changes...

I included an error log that I know is only .16.
                          One added note. The Insteon plugin is currently creating a new 2 meg error log every 30 minutes. So I've had to clear them out every day to keep the system running.

Tony
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Mark for all of the chatter. I think I see what side tracked you. This is the original issue I was having:

Code:
                            Sep-05 1:05:07 PM	 	Insteon	** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                            Sep-05 1:05:07 PM	 	Insteon	***:Error in ProcessRawReceive: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index -- Details System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at Insteon.Support.Devices.MotionSensorIIClass.ProcessGroupBroadcast(TransmitMsgType Msg, Boolean RemoteMsg) at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.ProcessRawReceive(Object iCmdStr)

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                              Sorry Mark for all of the chatter. I think I see what side tracked you. This is the original issue I was having:

Code:
                              Sep-05 1:05:07 PM	 	Insteon	** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                              Sep-05 1:05:07 PM	 	Insteon	***:Error in ProcessRawReceive: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index -- Details System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at Insteon.Support.Devices.MotionSensorIIClass.ProcessGroupBroadcast(TransmitMsgType Msg, Boolean RemoteMsg) at Insteon.Support.Core.InsteonModule.ProcessRawReceive(Object iCmdStr)
                              Perfect. I ran into this myself. I think I have resolved this issue and will be fixed in the next version I post. I'm trying to resolve the ini issue right now.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post

Code:
                                I posted 3.0.6.18 in the Beta section of the Updater that should resolve the MS issue. This version also includes my own ini file management.

Please make a backup of your insteon.ini for good measure.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X