This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 and PLC 2414U do not seem to work

I just did a fresh install of Win7 Home Premium.
    I am now trying fruitlessly to get HS2 to work with INSTEON and X-10 devices that worked under XP.

My Insteon/X-10 network consists of:
    1. linked (to each other) access points on different phases on different floors of the house.
    2. 2414U (FW:2.13), USB PLC
    3. About 10 Insteon devices
    4. About 10 X-10 devices

I have installed HS2 and did an immediate upgrade to 2.4.0.11 (current as of this writing). I used the PLC and it shows up as 1.1.52.1

No matter what I try, I am unable to communicate with any other device period...X10 or INSTEON.

I have been (and still am) searching for viable solutions, but as of yet have not found any.

Does anyone have any clue as to why I am having such difficulty?

I have all the Device ID's. I have tried tap-adding and manual-adding. Neither way produces any results...unable to communicate.

More info, log file and results after trying to manually add a device:
    Insteon Plug-in Configuration - HYBRID PLC VERSION 1.1.52.1 In PLC/SDM Mode
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Insteon device at 07.CC.4D did not respond. Please check to make sure the address is correct and that the device is powered-up. The device was not registered.

Thanks.

--tmac
    Attached Files

I thought that the latest versions of the Insteon plugin dropped support for the PLC. What version of the Insteon plugin are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It was mentioned twice in the original posting...1.1.52.1 (it is installed by default and according to "updates" it is also current)

Comment

I don't believe the Smarthome Device Manager (SDM) software is Windows 7 compatible. Might be a good time to dump the 2414U and switch to one of the new 2413U dual band PLM's.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Go figure...Smarthome pulling that crap too.
          As far as I could tell, it was simply not compatible with 64-bit windows-7.
          ...at least that is what the product page for the 2414U shows.

I have a 2413U on order, hopefully it ships from a nearby warehouse.

--tmac

Comment

Working now...with outside help

Well, as much as I hated to do it, I paid Smarthome another $80 for a 2413U.

All appears to be working and the device seems (so far) to have much better reliability communicating with all the devices I have (both X10 and Insteon)

Comment

Working...
            X