Getting ASP.Net error during HS3 startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ASP.Net error during HS3 startup

I am getting an ASP.Net error when HS3 starts up. See log entry below. I DO NOT get this error if I start HS3 manually, right click and "run as administrator". I created a schedule task in Windows 10 following the Homeseer YouTube tutorial so it will start with Windows w/o a user logging on. I have it set to run with the highest privileges which according to my research is the same as running as an administrator. But I get this error only when the schedule tasks starts the program. If the error is nothing to be concerned about then I can just ignore it. Any help would be appreciated.

Aug-11 7:02:15 PM Error ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Aug-11 7:02:15 PM Error ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Current Date/Time: 8/12/2017 8:16:01 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.349
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 13 Hours 14 Minutes 38 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.11
    Number of Devices: 79
    Number of Events: 39
    Available Threads: 1023

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.38: EnvisaLink
    1.1.17224.6: MyQ
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

This is caused by HS3 not having full admin privileges during startup. I would recommend using a 3rd party startup app to make starting HS3 on W10 much easier. Many of us use this app:
    http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/d...artup-delayer/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I tried this application and cannot figure out how to start HS3 w/o logging on to the computer. The Windows scheduler will allow you to do that. I have tried multiple way and it does not start until I log on. If there is a way please let me know.

Again is this error significant? HS3 seems to run fine even with the error.

Thanks

Comment

You need to set the tempDirectory attribute on the compilation element to somewhere where the application has permission. You can find the element in the web.config file.

Comment

Thanks JMack,

Unfortunately, I know just enough scripting to be dangerous. Can you be more specific on how to make this change? Lets say I have a temp directory with full privileges at C:/temp. I can change directory later. I have attached my web.config file and I assume it is all default. How would I modify this file to fix the problem?
          Attached Files

Comment

I posted this awhile back to get a computer to boot all the way through to HS3. Here is the post. Maybe this will work.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...8&postcount=24

Comment

Working...
            X