No announcement yet.

Soil moisture opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the error in the implementation. In your case we have two problems to solve because of the .NET 2 build not working the same at the .NET 3.5 build. I'm not certain where to start, but let us first understand why the plugin version is not aligning. I am not certain what I will learn, but there is also a startuptrace.txt file in what is likely the \data path that will contain the startup information. Please post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      I see the error in the implementation. In your case we have two problems to solve because of the .NET 2 build not working the same at the .NET 3.5 build. I'm not certain where to start, but let us first understand why the plugin version is not aligning. I am not certain what I will learn, but there is also a startuptrace.txt file in what is likely the \data path that will contain the startup information. Please post it.
      Thank you Michael. Please see attached startuptrace.txt file. It is in \data but time stamp on the file was from 2013, so I am not sure if it will give useful information.
      Attached Files

Comment

After looking at the code my best guess is that you also have the Standard plugin available and the plugin looks for the first one it finds. I did add debug while this iteration is being done. I also changed the algorithm for hourly rainfall. These updates are attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

After looking at the code my best guess is that you also have the Standard plugin available and the plugin looks for the first one it finds. I did add debug while this iteration is being done. I also changed the algorithm for hourly rainfall. These updates are attached.
          I originally had Standard plugin then upgraded to Pro. Should I remove standard plugin and not just disable it?

Comment

mcsSprinklers uses the HS2 API call to get the set of plugins. I do not recall if HS2 returns all plugins found or all plugins enabled, but you can easily deal with it by renaming with something other than HSPI at the start.

Comment

Michael, thanks for building the .NET 2 version. Here are some observations:

What work correctly:
              1) settings for Pro version now all show up correctly.
              2) weather update download works fine

It seems earlier problem was related to an older out of date Standard version was activated.

Remaining problems:
              1) on Zone status tab, displayed moisture % decreases with calculates ET which looks reasonable, except rain data was not taken into account. So it behaves as if there is no rain, regardless what rain sensor is reporting.

2) on General tab, rain sensor displays today's rain data correctly

3) on General tab, moisture % for all the zones stay constant and never change (so they deviated from the moisture % on Zone status tab). They all retain an old time stamp and never get updated.

I posted debug file for Aug 14. The rain fall started around 9:23am in that day.

Thanks again.
              Attached Files

Comment

Lets try this one. Don't know why I did not see problem when testing last one.
                Attached Files

Comment

Michael, I see the same problem still exists:
                  Moisture % on. Zone status changes with calculated ET but moisture % on General tab stuck at the same level.

I am away from the house so haven't got a chance to pour water in raiun sensor to test, will report back when it rains.

Also on Evaluate internet weather download screen (Accu weather zip mode) what is the difference between Rain x100 and "Forecast"?

Comment

I did not see any problem with updating the General Status zones as moisture level changes. I moved some debug around. I also incorporated the other recent changes primarily associated with weather data download. The latest is at:

http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSSPRINKLERS_217014_Net2.zip

Accurweather delivers forecast rainfall rather than forecast rainfall percentage that exist with other sites. It is scaled up by 100 to keep it an integer value.

Comment

I did not see any problem with updating the General Status zones as moisture level changes. I moved some debug around. I also incorporated the other recent changes primarily associated with weather data download. The latest is at:

http://mcsSprinklers.com/MCSSPRINKLERS_217014_Net2.zip

Accurweather delivers forecast rainfall rather than forecast rainfall percentage that exist with other sites. It is scaled up by 100 to keep it an integer value.
                      Michael, I am having problem downloading this file. It appears only a link was included but the file itself was not uploaded. Can you please upload it again? Thanks.

Comment

Looks like a bad upload. Redone and confirmed with download.

Comment

Working...
                        X