Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI and HS3

Hello,

After just testing the HAI tstat plugin for HS3 I was quite disappointed in the initial results.

Issue: It is not correctly communicating to the second thermostat (at address2)

I was disappointed that there is no 'current status' I previously had many HS events setup for when the mode changed from off to heating/cooling, etc.

It would also be nice to have the outdoor temp like the old one.

Did anyone try to use this?

Mike

One other note that others may find interesting -

Besides not working with the second Tstat, it totally messed it up - It showed a time of --:90pm, and a date of "94-03---". The *worst* thing was that it set mode to 'auto' and set the cool set point to 60 deg. This resulted in the AC compressor turning on for about 3 hrs before I noticed it (noticed by the baby crying only to find his room was 60 deg!!) It was 29 deg F outside at the time.. Had to power cycle the furnace to get it to clear

So be warned, needless to say this has put a significant negative mark in the spousal home auto budget approval cycle

-Mike

Comment

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning to give HS3 a try in the next week (new system a new years gift to myself) but since I rely on the HAI thermostat code and the HAI alarm code, I'll have to continue running HS2 for now. I guess I can give this a try: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159915

Comment

mikemack, since you are experiencing the issue, could you submit a bug report. It would be great to get this fixed and remove one more hurtle for moving to HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemack View Post
          Issue: It is not correctly communicating to the second thermostat (at address2)
          Did you put in a Bugzilla ticket on this issue?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, I took some more data and posted bug 1407.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X