How to SSH to Zee with myhs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to SSH to Zee with myhs?

I manage a remote instance of HS for a friend. He has a ZeeS2 and I use myhs for remote management. I need to be able to SSH to the box as well.

How are folks SSH'ing to a Zee with myhs?
    Alternatively, is it possible to cull the public IP that myhs is using?

Thanks
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Note: corrected port to 22

Opening a port on the firewall for port 22 and using a long long password. It doesn't matter if you are using myhs or not. You can ssh via the DNS name or public IP.

Ask the user to look at the HS about or help page for the public IP or do a "what is my ip?" google search and you will have his/hers public IP address. My DHCP public IP has never changed. I force changes but that no longer works for me.

Using SSH tunneling I get to the HS3 browser interface and have SSH at the same time. I use it also for webmin and running single desktop items. All you do is assign the tunnel port to the port that you need to use; IE such that a tunneled HTTP of Homeseer on the friends computer is 127.0.0.1:XXXX (port number used by friend). You can run RDP / VNC via an SSH tunnel if you want. It is two parts; initially an SSH connection then another log in for whatever you want to use.

I am though just going towards installing a IPSec VPN server on the friends firewall. Easier and allows access to the entire network as if you were there. Today IPSec is much easier to configure than yesteryear.
    Last edited by Pete; March 21, 2017, 07:19 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete - I think I'll have to make a trip to his house and set it up in his router as you recommended.

Once I get it setup, I'll be able to handle everything remotely.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Been alternating here between teamviewer and using SSH. Here PFBlocker is blocking Teamviewer as it proxies over in the EU and I have not whitelisted it yet.

BTW Teamviewer creates a service which always runs (always connects to the mothership).

I had to whitelist 3 HS3 updater sites (Canada and EU).

Here set up tunnel profiles for HS3 and Webmin to keep it simple. I do not need the desktop but did configure a profile for VNC through SSH tunnel.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Here is a HS3 users combo box. Main Ubuntu OS is on a separate SSD drive. (1 SSD plus 8 RAID configured drives).

[ATTACH]60216[/ATTACH]

Note here running HS3 Pro on similiar CPU / Memory but on a separate box.

It is:
          1 - 8 drive NAS with two raid partitions on it. (4Gb enterprise drives).
          2 - HS3 Pro machine (doing a few HS3 plugins).
          3 - WeeWx machine (using Apache2)
          4 - KODI machine
          5 - LSi 8 drive raid card.

It is sitting next to the LCD TV in the family room at the users home.

I suppose that I could turn my NAS box to a combo box with no issues after testing the above box. It is running BSD FreeNAS right now.
          It is a small footprint box but heavy with 8 drives in it.

[ATTACH]60217[/ATTACH]
          Last edited by Pete; March 21, 2017, 08:53 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
          X