Xiaomi ZigBee devices Con-/RaspBee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill,

If i have time I will do a complete retest, it might be that the raspbee was still having knowledge of the cube... I have a conbee here also, which I will use to add the cube with 2.04.93. First I want to solve the issue with double devices first

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,

Still no luck with the cube or the switch. It doesn't seem that deCONZ (I am on .94) sees the cube at all. The switch gets discovered, but it never gets beyond a black dot and one circle, and the dot never blinks. If I disconnect all the lights in the room, it does connect to the bridge, otherwise it connects to a light that is close by. Either way it doesn't work.

As far as the cube, nothing. I tried what you said, nothing. The cube is alive. With the cover off, if I shake it, the blue light blinks every now and then. If the switch worked, I would start wondering if I have a defective cube. Not that it should make any difference, but what channel are you using for your Zigbee network?

Bill

Comment

Bill,

I am on channel 15, but have changed that several times during my test, so I do not expect it would be an issue. I was not able to set up a decent test situation yet here, we had sinterklaas parties in Holland here.. Grandpa had to be there too of course

Will setup a clean new network later today and try tp let the cube join that here.

Thanks,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,
          That was my next plan, when I get more time. I have a second RaspBee around here somewhere. So that I can test without messing up the house network.

Bill

Comment

Have you checked for HS Cube device?

I have no idea how I got mine connected, because I looked in deConz web for it and did 100 things, before I found out it will not show in deConz web only on the network drawing. Then I looked in HS and there where devices.

Regards
            Morten

Comment

Bill,

Tested today with a ConBee, newly installed with deCONZ 2.04.94
              Removing the battery did not work. Then I tried pressing the link button next to the battery for 10 seconds, while the network was open (search for devices in configuration page of the plugin).

Miracles do happen! The cube joined the network and it took about 5 minutes of shaking and bouncing before the nodes were completed. The plugin discovered the cube fine and created two devices.

So a 10 second press on the link button should do the trick! I tried again, moving the cube back to the raspbee (2.04.93) and this worked fine too without removing the battery.

What happend if you do the same?

Wim
              Attached Files
              -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Doing that I can consistently add it. But even after shaking for over 5 minutes all I ever get is no dot, and one circle. How should I be shaking it?

Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

I am changing the gestures regulary. I do have the impression (not sure) that if you do the same gesture every time, the device does not resend a signal for it.

What I did was using all the gestures, moving it one way over the table, twisting it on the table, shaking, turning other sides up, double tapping on the table, all these.
                  Indeed when using another gesture, the dot would blink once.

But I'd guess with all the tests you did by now, I would think it should have completed it at least once?
                  -- Wim

Comment

I received a temp sensor today and it behaves the same. So far all of them are in the state of a black dot and one circle. It is as if deCONZ does not recognize them. If I restart deCONZ and don't touch the sensors, they are discovered and link to a light. I had to move my gateway because I had issues with some lights that were too far away. I put it in a more central location. I set the cube and the temp sensor right next to it. If I reset them right when I open up the network, they will link to the bridge. Next restart, they link to a light. If I can find my other RaspBee (such a small little box) I will set up a second deCONZ instance. I have to stop messing up all my lights.

Comment

Just received my cube and not sure which hoop was the magic one, but it showed up in JowiHue and deCONZ as a lumi.sensor. Side note, I realize now that in deCONZ map of devices, sometimes the connecting lines disappear and the device that got added is way outside the viewing window. Better to zoom way out as what I thought was not there, really was.

43 status choices plus rotation values combined with the side that's up is a crazy number of possibilities. I can't get double tap to work on any side, but other than that I will only need time to come up with ideas and events.

Kinda cool, but kind of why other than a toy. Open to real suggestions.

Comment

I just posted a reply in another thread about finding devices in deCONZ. For me, it appears that in the Pi version, the lines showing connections disappear at times. The device I thought I couldn't find (new cube) was way off the screen. I had to zoom way out and there it was. Then when zooming in, the connection lines appear and you're good.

At that point, you can move it around closer to the other devices.

Comment

Has anyone worked with Xiaomi door sensors?

At less than $9 each from Aliexpress it's tough to pass on, especially compared to z-wave sensors.

Comment

I have one that I am playing around with. They are small, which I like. Also they stay "closed" with up to an inch gap, which I think is a good thing. With other sensors I've had issues mounting them close enough. Next is to see what kind of range I get out of them.

Comment

Speaking of range, the cube is registering at over 50' from a Philips hue bulb and about 65' from the Raspbee through 4 walls. I think that's pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                                Has anyone worked with Xiaomi door sensors?

At less than $9 each from Aliexpress it's tough to pass on, especially compared to z-wave sensors.

I have 16 of them. Just loving them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X