Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Gauge

Hi,

I just purchased the RFXCOM receiver and downloaded the RFXCOM plug-in. I have a Honeywell TE-831W-2 weather station with the following modules:

TS906 Rain Gauge
    TS805 Anemometer
    TS33C Temperature and Humidity sensor

After loading the plugin, All of these units came up in the sensor list as TFA, Cresta.

The Anemometer correctly displays the temperature and battery status.
    The Rain Gauge will always transmit .13 inches of rain no matter how much it rains. I enabled the debug and after pouring water in the rain gauge, it always shows .13 while the weather station will add to the total.
    The Temperature and Humidity sensor does come up but does not always update. I can see it change on the sensor display but is not updated in Homeseer. I also checked RFMCOM manager software and it does show all of the sensors.

Any Ideas,

Thanks,

Ronnie

Enable debug level 2 for the receivers on the RFXCOM Gernal config page)

Send an email to support_rfxcom.com with:
    1 receiver debug messages from the HS log
    2 RFXmngr messages received from the sensors.

Comment

Thank You,

I will do that when I get home from work today.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Comment

The temperature and rain sensors show a RSSI signal strength of 4 to 5 which is very low.
        I suppose the sensors are not always received and therefore do not update the values.

Check the RSSI column of RFXCOM - Input Devices page for the signal strength of each sensor.

Read chapter 2.5 of the RFXtrx User Guide to know the best antenna position.

To improve receiving quality:
        1. This antenna will improve the receive/transmit range of the RFXCOM:
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/GSM-GPRS-Ant...item3a93b0b392

2. Keep the RFXrec433/RFXtrx433 away from the computer. Most computers produce RF noise which will reduce the receiving range for sensors.

3. Use a good quality power supply in case of a RaspberryPI.
        Or use a powered USB hub

Comment

Thanks for you quick reply.

I have a 3.3db antenna that I am going to try tonight. I will check the RSSI signal strength before and after I add the antenna.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Comment

Working...
          X