• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job, did you use 3dhouse?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
      Great job, did you use 3dhouse?
      Thanks. Sweet Home 3D in fact. It was a recommendation I had picked up earlier in this great thread. Very easy to use.

Comment

abwyatt,

Great job! My initial attempts are similar in nature and are functional, but certainly do not have the look that yours does. I have plans to get to Sweet Home 3d and make a view like what you have.

For now, I use my HSTouch for 3 main objectives.
        *View my security cameras in a nice format.
        *View list of common Events I might need to execute
        *View overall house status and basic controls (on/off, no dimming as that added complications that I could get with a device list)

I also have the ability to list all events and devices for manual control - just in case I do not have an event at another location.

I have a MAIN screen that has a slew of buttons - nothing pretty, but gets me to the guts of my decision trees quickly. Again, for now, I'm worried about function - not pretty. Pretty will be later (or never as it always seems!). I think this will eventually go away and have some other format. I'm just not sure what yet.

For now, if you Choose Overview, you get two ISO views of the house's two main floors. I need to add a button for the basement. I did the drawing in Autocad. Colors - well it is Autocad, what do you expect? :-)

I would like to put some status indication on this view, but decided for now it could be plain. If you press the floor of interest, you are greeted with a TOP view of that floor with more details. Here you can turn on/off lights/fans and see the status of windows / doors. There are also quick events. Something that would be common to the floor that I would want to execute related to that floor. For the top floor, it is running the Good Night sequence for my kids.

----

For the cameras, you are greeted with a view of my top 5 cameras I would want to look at. Using an example from Macromark (thanks!) I was able to create TWO guidance screens in HSTouch Designer. They call out place for images and buttons, however, as the screen is called, the buttons and screen are defined. As such, I can have 1 screen to maintain, but place all my cameras into that one screen - essentially re-configuring the video stream / button definition each time I want to change the camera of interest.

I also have a HVAC control page, weather page (which my pollen script needs to be updated). I would want these other pages to be accessible from the "home view" drill down, making the main page more simple. I also have a Sump Crock status (move to the Basement page).

All of these ideas, I really only need to finish them up, but as I keep saying in my posts, I need to finish my move to HS3 - which I think is finally moving forward again as I have a new T20 I put ESXi on, which is where I'm going to move my HS3 over to.
        Attached Files
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDrive View Post
          Hi all,

I've been lurking this thread for quite a while gathering ideas and trying to figure out how best to deploy my HSTouch screens. Thought it was time to post mine. Still a work in progress, but it's coming along quite nicely.

How did you get the calendar information in? that would be great for our house as well.

thanks

Comment

Has anyone made a Tivo HSTouch Remote, or a DVR/PVR and Blueray Remote? I'd pay for these items. ;-)

Comment

Sonos Page

Dave

Would you be willing to share any or all of these? They are all FANTASTIC!!

Jay

Originally posted by DoubleDrive View Post
              Hi all,

I've been lurking this thread for quite a while gathering ideas and trying to figure out how best to deploy my HSTouch screens. Thought it was time to post mine. Still a work in progress, but it's coming along quite nicely.

Comment

Had some time off from work.
                So I decided to get all my devices finally finished.
                001.jpg is the Table Top model from homeseer.
                002.jpg is my 7" tablet that is going bedside on the wall
                003.jpg is my Laptop
                004.jpg is my 10" tablet going on the wall in the Living room.
                005.jpg is my 17" touchscreen hooked up to the HS computer

Tim

ps Yea I need a better camera.
                Attached Files
                FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Just started designing this over the weekend.. here's where I'm at so far:

Ignore the duplicates, it's still a work in progress

I didn't like how the drop downs looked so I made a page that looks like a menu, it opens when you press a page title

Last edited by bwinning; April 18, 2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

That looks excellent! Where are you grabbing the icons from?

Comment

That looks really good. I like the white on black theme.

One function that I don't see are Scenes. This is the most used screen on my app. Scenes allow you to control a number of devices for a particular activity. I have 11 scenes currently. As example, I have a scene for 'Watching TV'. It sets all the lights appropriately including some in other areas of the house. Another similar scene is 'Watching TV While Eating'. Whole different set of light levels including some in the kitchen and the path to get there.

It is easy to do scenes. Create a virtual device for the scene. In the HSTouch app, have a button to turn on that scene device. I don't actually control the actual devices for the scene in the HST app. I have an event for each scene that is triggered when the virtual scene device turns on. In that event I control the devices needed for the scene.

That's my way of doing scenes. Real easy and the logic of the scene is within the event rather than in the app.

Comment

Originally posted by manxam View Post
                        That looks excellent! Where are you grabbing the icons from?
                        Thank you! I'm grabbing them from the noun project, can't beat $40 a year!

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                        That looks really good. I like the white on black theme.

One function that I don't see are Scenes. This is the most used screen on my app. Scenes allow you to control a number of devices for a particular activity. I have 11 scenes currently. As example, I have a scene for 'Watching TV'. It sets all the lights appropriately including some in other areas of the house. Another similar scene is 'Watching TV While Eating'. Whole different set of light levels including some in the kitchen and the path to get there.

It is easy to do scenes. Create a virtual device for the scene. In the HSTouch app, have a button to turn on that scene device. I don't actually control the actual devices for the scene in the HST app. I have an event for each scene that is triggered when the virtual scene device turns on. In that event I control the devices needed for the scene.

That's my way of doing scenes. Real easy and the logic of the scene is within the event rather than in the app.
                        Thank you! That's part of phase two for me, I'm starting with getting all my devices in the system and working as expected, then I'm going to get the automation and scenes together. I appreciate the advice on the virtual device/events for scenes in HST, I learned the hard way that I should be using events for things in the app instead of programming buttons right to devices when I had to reconfigure all of the aton buttons.

EDIT: here's some progress on the room pages (with scene's included )

Last edited by bwinning; April 23, 2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by electron73 View Post
                          Yes that is correct. Picture 2 shows what happens when you tap the status light "Kitchen", Picture 3 shows when you then tap the breakfast nook (dimmer) device (controls pop up on the far right), Picture 4 shows what happens when you then tap the LED Rope (switch) device. So once the device selector on the left is open, you can tap any device on it and the appropriate control will show on the far right so you can control that device, then select the next one and so on...

I did that with a bit of an undocumented trick. That's why the whole project does NOT work on Android or Windows. Each version of the HS3Touch client has its own serious bugs and they all behave differently. My intended behavior with the selectors and control only works on iOS and it's closest to what I expected to happen when I designed it in the designer.

What you do is this: You have the dimmer control screen and the on/off control screen, both of them have the list of supported devices listed (just like in the sample project that ships with HS3Touch Designer. When you design your whole project for landscape and have one "screen" that controls dimming devices and you use a device selector and a dimmer is selected, that screen shows up (so far all standard). When you then create a new screen, make it PORTRAIT (even though the project is landscape) and now you define just a subgroup of devices in that screen and you call that screen from the main screen in your project, a device selector will show up, giving you only the devices provided in that "fake screen" to choose from but when you actually click one, the "fake screen" does not show up, instead the HS3Touch client skips to the next one that supports the device, in that case the dimming device controls...

So you have a MAIN screen with say for example one button Living Room Dimmers and one button Bedroom Dimmers.
                          You then create two fake screens with the wrong orientation and call one Livingroom and the other Bedroom. In the Livingroom screen under "supported devices" you enter Livingroom_Dimmer and in the other Bedroom_Dimmer. In the actual control screen with the slider, you put both, Livingroom_Dimmer and Bedroom_Dimmer.

Then in HS3 itself you go to all your living room dimmers and in the advances settings under device type enter Livingroom_Dimmer and for all bedroom dimmers same deal, enter Bedroom_Dimmer there.

Now on the main screen you call the fake Livingroom screen from one button and the fake Bedroom screen from the other. When you then touch the Livingroom button, a device selector will pop up, giving you only the livingroom devices, tap one and the actual control screen with the slider will show up, since it is the "next best" match for the device type "Livingroom_Dimmer".

Hope this makes sense

AWESOME find!

I have been trying to get a ceiling fan to work- its not ON/ OFF or DIMMING, any idea how to control a ceiling fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayh391 View Post
                            AWESOME find!

I have been trying to get a ceiling fan to work- its not ON/ OFF or DIMMING, any idea how to control a ceiling fan?
                            I created virtual devices for High, Medium, Low, Off then created events that turn them on/off when the virtual device is turned on/off and buttons on HS touch that fire the events.

Comment

My First Efforts

This is a series of screens designed to fit on a Fire 8 HD. I am using the Fire as a starting point for implementing multiple touch screen tablets at various places throughout the house.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by morrisdlx View Post
                                This is a series of screens designed to fit on a Fire 8 HD. I am using the Fire as a starting point for implementing multiple touch screen tablets at various places throughout the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X