Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with action options..

Hello Jeff

I am having problems to understand the actions "append and prepend" in what they do in the events. Can you give me an example in how to use these features.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

The prepend is just a way to set some text to be used before the random phrase. The append is for some text to be used after the random phrase.

For example, I have a category titled Birthday.
    Rather than make a different category for each person in my family, I setup an event for each person.
    So for my wife, I have a Birthday random phrase spoke and then use the append to add her name to the end of the random phrase.
    I then repeat that for each family member.

Ex.
    Random phase: "Hey, have a happy birthday, "

Then in one event I put Deb in the append text.
    In another event I put my daughters name.
    Each of the events is set to run only on their birthday.

You could add a path to a wav file in the append text. Then HS would play the wav file and then speak a random phrase.

With the newest version of Random, you can actually pick a category that you setup as an append Category.
    Save for the prepend text, you can pick a prepend Category instead.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff for some reason I cant it this to work. this is what I get in the log and this is my event. no sound what so ever..

May-06 11:30:38 PM TTS Speak (DEFAULT):Greetings!, good mornning to you.
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random Get phrase between 0 and 3
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random Array Rows: 3, Cols: 3
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random SQL=SELECT phraseID, phraseText, categoryID, phraseVoice FROM phrases WHERE isActive = 1 AND categoryID IN (SELECT categoryID FROM Category WHERE lCase(categoryText) = 'morning greetings' ) ORDER BY phraseID desc
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random Function: random
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random randomCat=Morning greetings, speakerClients=DEFAULT, speakAppend= , speakPrepend= , speakAppendCat= , speakPrependCat=
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random getCategoryText: Morning greetings
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random getCategory: Found categories with an ID of 27
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random Array Rows: 0, Cols: 1
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random SQL=SELECT categoryID, categoryText FROM category WHERE categoryID = 27
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random HandleAction: 1
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random isCatIDValid: Found categories with an ID of 27
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random Array Rows: 0, Cols: 1
      May-06 11:30:38 PM Random SQL=SELECT categoryID, categoryText FROM category WHERE categoryID = 27
      Attached Files
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Default is not a valid speaker client. It would be something like computerName:default. Or if you want it to speak to all clients you can do *:*
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks jeff that worked.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
          X