SonosController Plugin General Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wingo View Post
    1) error in my log and keep losing this zone player no problem in sonos control or desktop app but for some reason your plugin keeps reseting this zone and error shows

11/9/2010 5:21:24 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Disconnect: ERROR: Issue Disconnecting. ZonePlayer - Family Room Error = System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at UPNPLib.IUPnPDeviceFinder.CancelAsyncFind(Int32 lFindData) at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.ZonePlayerController.Disconnect()
    11/9/2010 5:21:24 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Disconnect: ERROR: Issue Disconnecting. ZonePlayer - Family Room Error = System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at UPNPLib.IUPnPDeviceFinder.CancelAsyncFind(Int32 lFindData) at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.ZonePlayerController.Disconnect()

11/9/2010 5:34:38 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted for Family Room. Call back w/ wrong Device pointer. Expected = 519142016 <> 519204104
    Well we have at least two problems:

first problem is why we lose the zone. Let's go through the list. Which Plug-in version are you using? The official .30 or one of the more recent? What OS are you running on the PC that has the plug-in installed? Is it XP or perhaps Windows server (which seems the least robust of them all) and do you have at least .NET v2 latest SP installed? Is this a regular zone or a S5 or WD100? Is this zone wired or wireless? The plug-in sends pings to all the zones and will disconnect the zone if there are 3 missing pings (each 10 seconds). How frequent is this zone going in and out, continuous or on occasion? If continuous, the ping (or reply) might be suppressed by a firewall or router in-between.

The second problem is the errors you see when the plug-in disconnects. If we figure out what happens with item 1, I'm sure I can figure out why the plug-in barfs at trying to disconnect/reconnect.

2) the asp page provided does not show the art for music playing for some reason have not had the time to look into the code but all that displays is a cd case info does display in the upper window and it is correct .
    The asp page is pretty much a re-use of what HS provides for their iTunes/Media player. The problem with the web page is that it isn't dynamic. It works OK to browse and select but the tittle/artist/albumart lags and sometimes it either doesn't show or it shows old info. I threw it in there to show folks what they can do and where they could built from hoping some expert would take it to the next level and share it with other users. iI tried for a whole week to introduce some dynamic behavior but it wouldn't work and I think my inexperience and the .NET v2 that HS uses is the cause. With .NET v4, there is better dynamic support ... at least from what I have read so far. Were you planning on doing something special with the ASP page? By the way, do you see album art when you pull up the status page? If not, that would mean you don't have album art or something else is not working. You should see exactly the same as you have on your controller except if there is no art on the controller you'll see that CD case in the HS pages.

If you want to help debug some of this stuff, what you can do is turn on the debug flag, capture the traces and email them to me at dirk@famcorsus.com

Thanks for your help and confidence in this plug-in

Dirk

Comment

Any ideas on what these errors might be? I'm trying to call a TTS event from within another event triggered by the house alarm being disarmed. I get the same error just from a standard 'speak and wait' event.

2010 6:04:14 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR: In Seek Time for zoneplayer = Kitchen. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004036F): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004036F at UPNPLib.IUPnPService.InvokeAction(String bstrActionName, Object vInActionArgs, Object& pvOutActionArgs) at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.ZonePlayerController.SeekTime(String NewTime) 11/9/2010 6:04:15 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR: In Seek Time for zoneplayer = Patio/Pool. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004036F): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004036F at UPNPLib.IUPnPService.InvokeAction(String bstrActionName, Object vInActionArgs, Object& pvOutActionArgs) at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.ZonePlayerController.SeekTime(String NewTime)
      Last edited by ; November 9, 2010, 07:55 PM. Reason: added details.

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
        Any ideas on what these errors might be? I'm trying to call a TTS event from within another event triggered by the house alarm being disarmed.

2010 6:04:14 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR: In Seek Time for zoneplayer = Kitchen. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004036F): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004036F at UPNPLib.IUPnPService.InvokeAction(String bstrActionName, Object vInActionArgs, Object& pvOutActionArgs) at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.ZonePlayerController.SeekTime(String NewTime) 11/9/2010 6:04:15 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR: In Seek Time for zoneplayer = Patio/Pool. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004036F): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004036F at UPNPLib.IUPnPService.InvokeAction(String bstrActionName, Object vInActionArgs, Object& pvOutActionArgs) at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.ZonePlayerController.SeekTime(String NewTime)
        Yes, the plug-in trying to position to play from somewhere within what it was playing before the TTS interrupted. What service is on? Is it Radio, then the plug-in shouldn't be trying to position anything. Maybe by fixing the positioning in v1.0.0.38, a harmless error may occur on services that can't be positioned. Let's me know which service was on and I'm sure I can get rid of the error.

Update Nov 10. Error is removed from v1.0.0.39 onward

Dirk
        Last edited by dcorsus; November 10, 2010, 11:00 PM.

Comment

All zones are in a stopped state. The TTS never actually plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
            All zones are in a stopped state. The TTS never actually plays out.
            If they are in stopped state before the TTS started then that would explain it. It would still be an error but harmless. Now, maybe you are saying the TTS leaves them messed up in a stopped state after the announcement? That would be a real problem

Dirk

Comment

Correct, if it's playing something the error does not occur. Of course, HSSpeaker wasn't working right either, so that needed some encouragement to do it's job.

Comment

Dirk[/QUOTE]

Ok here goes plugin is your 35 running xp sp3 and net is up to date unit is a zp80 hard wired sitting right next to a 100 hardwired i have rebooted the unit a few times just to be sure it works fine with old scripting stuff never drops also router a 655 seems fine ....

Comment

Ok here is some more funny stuff:

your plugin is picking up on my weather script info

11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W17 Txt = 0 degrees fahrenheit
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W15 Txt = 54 degrees fahrenheit
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W13 Txt = 08:10
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W14 Txt = 68 degrees fahrenheit
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W10 Txt = -999 inches
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W8 Txt = -999 inches
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W7 Txt = 0.01 inches
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W6 Txt = 315 degrees
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W5 Txt = 0 miles per hour
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W4 Txt = 0 miles per hour
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W3 Txt = 30.01 inches
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W2 Txt = 67 %
                  11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W1 Txt = 65 degrees fahrenheit

Comment

Ok here is some more funny stuff:

your plugin is picking up on my weather script info

11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W17 Txt = 0 degrees fahrenheit
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W15 Txt = 54 degrees fahrenheit
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W13 Txt = 08:10
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W14 Txt = 68 degrees fahrenheit
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W10 Txt = -999 inches
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W8 Txt = -999 inches
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W7 Txt = 0.01 inches
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W6 Txt = 315 degrees
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W5 Txt = 0 miles per hour
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W4 Txt = 0 miles per hour
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W3 Txt = 30.01 inches
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W2 Txt = 67 %
                    11/10/2010 8:11:36 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Event EV_TYPE_STRING_CHANGE was received. Hcuc = W1 Txt = 65 degrees fahrenheit
                    It does, that's how HS works but you should only see this when debug is on.

Dirk

Comment

Ok here goes plugin is your 35 running xp sp3 and net is up to date unit is a zp80 hard wired sitting right next to a 100 hardwired i have rebooted the unit a few times just to be sure it works fine with old scripting stuff never drops also router a 655 seems fine ....
                      Thanks. So I gather the ZP100 is never failing and the ZP80 is, correct? How frequently does this happen? Does it coincide when some action like start play or perhaps something you do with the plug-in like TTS or select music. I think the scripting doesn't use pings to check if players are on-line, I think they rely on UPNP to tell it something is off and then they ping to see if the player is gone or not. Of course the fact that two players are sitting next to each other makes it hard(er) to believe this is a network issue but I've seen my zone players creating a network loop between the wired and wireless network, never figured out why, there are some posting out there talking about bridging problems, ended up taking one of the two players (who also sit on top of each other connected to the same switch) off hardwire and let it communicate wireless with the other player. You can of course run some ping commands from the dos prompt of the HS PC and see if there are replies lost or they come in slower or irregularly. Suggest you turn debug on, let it sit and email me in private the log when the player goes off-line again. How frequently does it happen?
                      Sorry for being a pain but when you write .NET is up to date, did you check the install/uninstall SW systems screen? HS needs .NET v2 so V3, v3.5 or V4 are not what it needs. Also typically, updates to .NET are optional and you need to specify them. Sorry if this is a redundant question, just making sure and get you to enjoy the plug-in as it is supposed to be.

Just thought of something else. Do you use DHCP to assign private IP addresses or are they static (to be honest, I'm not sure you can assign static IP addresses to players)? If they are dynamic; what is the aging-out time? Did you ever see the players change IP addresses, might be hard to see if you are not paying attention to it. Check in your router what the aging-out time is and whether you have "sticky" IP addresses. The plug-in has a mechanism to check whether a player's IP address has changed but maybe it isn't functioning under all circumstances.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Lankester View Post
                        can I get my 06:00 Sonos alarm to be "seen" by my HomeTroller and then have the HomeTroller turn on a light via X10?
                        Toby,

had a quick look at it today, not as promising as I had hoped. I see an event when the alarm goes off, but it is generated on every zone and I haven't figured out which zone actually has the alarm. However I don't see any special event when the alarm is either paused or stopped. The zone player just reports a pause in what it was playing. What I do see is that the plug-in already generates play and pause triggers that you can use to link to the light. However, you won't be able to distinguish between regular play and alarm. Do you use the Chime or do you play some music for the alarm. The Chime is recognizable though and in the next version you'll see it appearing in the status (rather then "track" or "radio", you'll see "Chime"). You could write your own scripts to pick out the "Chime" state to do something with it.

I'll keep looking and let you know if I can come up with something (really) useful.
                        Update 7:58. Found a way to identify the zone the alarm is on. Added trigger "Player Alarm Start". Will be available in next beta V1.0.0.39 or higher. There won't be an off event, you will have to use player pause for that or script it somehow.

Dirk
                        Last edited by dcorsus; November 10, 2010, 10:59 PM. Reason: found a way ...

Comment

Dirk,

Great work (and so fast!).

We use Sonos (on a radio station not chime) as our morning alarm and would like HomeSeer to turn on the landing light at the same time and the bedroom lights about 5 minutes later. We do not need anything else such as turning off the lights when the alarm is turn off or put into snooze mode (although others might?).

Regarding the issue of the licence reverting to "trail mode" after each update I can confirm that we did indeed "use hsprotect to save changes after we entered the license". I will check again after we download the next update and report back.

Comment

We use Sonos (on a radio station not chime) as our morning alarm and would like HomeSeer to turn on the landing light at the same time and the bedroom lights about 5 minutes later. We do not need anything else such as turning off the lights when the alarm is turn off or put into snooze mode (although others might?).
                            When version v1.0.0.39 (or higher) will be posted, you will be able to select as a trigger "player alarm start" and link that to 2 actions. One to turn Landing light on immediately and one to turn bedroom lights on with 5 min delay.

Regarding the issue of the licence reverting to "trail mode" after each update I can confirm that we did indeed "use hsprotect to save changes after we entered the license". I will check again after we download the next update and report back.
                            I did make a little change to the installer config to prevent the license file from being overwritten when it is already there, see whether that takes care of business.

Dirk

Comment

1) error in my log and keep losing this zone player no problem in sonos control or desktop app but for some reason your plugin keeps reseting this zone and error shows

11/9/2010 5:34:38 PM SONOSCONTROLLER ERROR in myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted for Family Room. Call back w/ wrong Device pointer. Expected = 519142016 <> 519204104
                              Hi Robert,

did you make any progress on the zone that was dropping out? I just posted v1.0.0.41 and one of the items you could use it some settings in the .ini file to:

1. show missing ping errors by setting ShowFailedPings=1
                              2. do more retries before assuming the zone is dead by raising the value for NbrOfPingRetries=3

Let me know if I can help any further or whether you figured it out by now and perhaps you can share it with the rest of the community.

If it is not the ping, the zone discovery changes I made, although a long-shot, may have something to do with this ... you never know

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Hi and thank you for your timely response the prob was not yours but mine but really sonos the zp 80 was linked to the zp100 with a cat 5 cable and then to a switch when the update 3.3 from 3.2 went into the system it corrupted the internal tables somehow and caused a whole bunch of problems. One being the dropping out and a total slow down of the sonons net a factory rest on the zp100 and the zp80 seems to have fixed the problem so far (24 hours and counting) will keep u posted.....

Many Thanks and you have another plugin happy person good work and good luck on a job well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X