X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Jumper4000, You nailed it. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
      @Rien du Pre, I think the problem is that your device control values are different than mine. Just about all of my devices are z-wave, so discovering them was pretty consistent across the board. I'm working on a version now, that'll let you customize your strings and values if you need to.
      Any new version already available to test ?
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi, yeah, I just finished making a new version. This one is kinda like two applications in one -

The First piece -
        - Will automatically generate the config.json file.
        - This new version has an Advanced option, where you can customize the strings and values, and decide which type of devices it should query (I'll be adding more device types soon). I have numerous Z-Wave devices by different vendors, and it works with all of them, but for non-zwave devices, you might have tweak the strings and values a bit.
        - I've also added a lot of error correction and error catching, so hopefully if something goes wrong, it will tell us what happened.
        - Once you have the correct JSon file, you can copy/paste it into your own setup.

The second piece -
        - It comes with a companion Raspberry Pi Image that's already FULLY configured. It already has the latest version of everything, and it's shrunk to fit on a SD Card as small as 2GB (compressed image is only 279MB).
        - HomeBridge will automatically start when it boots, and it's designed so you don't even need a monitor & keyboard for it.
        - The goal is for the Windows app is to fully control the Rapsberry Pi image -
        - It can upload the config file to your RPi
        - It can reset your RPi HomeBridge if need be
        - And there's a button there called, "First Boot", which will automatically expand the image to fill the entire SD card (I will be adding more features to this. For example, for it to upgrade and update all the packages automatically).

Please let me know if you guys notice any issues with it (I'm sure there are bugs). Hopefully, I can make this so easy, that people will have HomeKit up and running within minutes.

Here's the Windows App (just download and extract) -
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...ThDbTRsOHJRRjg

Here's the RPi Image (extract with WinRAR - http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm, and burn with Win32 Disk Imager - https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ )
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...WlVc054QmZZNFk

If this is useful, I will continue to improve it till somebody makes a native plugin again, or comes up with an easier way to get HomeKit going (oh, and I have absolutely no intention of ever charging for it).
        Last edited by jumper4000; June 1, 2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Hey folks! Been following this thread for a long time. Finally got some time to get homebridge and the jrhubott homeseer plugin set up on my Qnap NAS. It works amazingly well. I tried the Insteon + hub for a while just to play with some Homekit/siri commands and it actually feels like this setup works more reliably. Except for one thing. Every time (or nearly every time) my container running homebridge restarts, a good portion of my devices wind up back in the default room. Anyone else experiencing this?

I did a google search and it sounds like some of the devices aren't instantly available when Homebridge starts, so it deletes them. Then when they do become available it thinks they are new devices. Any help?

Comment

@Blackbeard, do you have the "uuid_base" added to every single one of your devices and is it unique for each device?

Comment

I do indeed. I used your handy tool to generate them

Comment

Hi Guys,
                I'm very new to all this and been doing a bit of reading through the thread. I was wondering if someone can give me a list of instructions on how to install everything required for homebridge on windows and to get this working as some of the links in previous posts have stopped working. Ive got the tool for creating the config file and have got that working.
                Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in for people like me not so tech savvy to understand and use.
                Thanks
                Last edited by jezza; May 11, 2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

@Blackbeard, I haven't really setup any rooms yet, but I'll set some up soon to see if that happens to me too. Hopefully, others can help you.

@Jezza, have you tried this guide? https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...dge-on-Windows. Overall, I think setting it up on Windows is pretty cumbersome. Just download that Raspberry Pi image I posted above and you'll be up and running in no time.

Comment

Thanks. I might try get a raspberry PI and give that a go. Sounds like the best option.

Thanks

Comment

Getting errors establishing homeseer homebridge setup

I am getting errors after following the proper directions. See output below:

pi@7630_PI3_1:~/.homebridge $ homebridge
                      *** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
                      *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
                      *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs>
                      *** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
                      *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs&f=DNSServiceRegister>
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:26 PM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeseer
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:26 PM] Registering accessory 'homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer'
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:26 PM] Registering platform 'homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer'
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:26 PM] ---
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:27 PM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeseer-plugin
                      homebridge API version: 2.2
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:27 PM] Registering platform 'homebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer'
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:27 PM] ---
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:27 PM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-http
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:27 PM] Registering accessory 'homebridge-http.Http'
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:27 PM] Loaded config.json with 1 accessories and 1 platforms.
                      [5/12/2017, 5:43:27 PM] Loading 1 platforms...
                      /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:122
                      throw new Error("The requested platform '" + name + "' was not registered by any plugin.");
                      ^

Error: The requested platform 'Nest' was not registered by any plugin.
                      at API.platform (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:122:13)
                      at Server._loadPlatforms (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:284:45)
                      at Server.run (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:80:36)
                      at module.exports (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/cli.js:40:10)
                      at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)
                      at Module._compile (module.js:571:32)
                      at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
                      at Module.load (module.js:488:32)
                      at tryModuleLoad (module.js:447:12)
                      at Function.Module._load (module.js:439:3)
                      pi@7630_PI3_1:~/.homebridge $ cat config.json
                      {
                      "bridge": {
                      "name": "Homebridge",
                      "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
                      "port": 51826,
                      "pin": "031-45-154"
                      },

"description": "This is an example configuration file with all supported devices. You can use this as a template for creating your own configuration file containing devices you actually own.",

"platforms": [
                      {
                      "platform": "Nest",
                      "name": "Nest",
                      "clientId": "yourid",
                      "clientSecret": "yoursecret",
                      "token": "yourtoken",
                      "username": "you@yourmail.com",
                      "password": "yourpassword",
                      "code": "yourcode"
                      }
                      ],

"accessories": [
                      {
                      "accessory": "Http",
                      "username": "raspberry",
                      "password": "Dynomite0!!8",
                      "name": "Office Light",
                      "on_url": "http://10.0.0.64/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&amp;ref=91&amp;value=99",
                      "off_url": "http://10.0.0.64/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&amp;ref=91&amp;value=0",
                      "http_method": "GET"
                      }
                      ]
                      }
                      pi@7630_PI3_1:~/.homebridge $ rm config.json
                      pi@7630_PI3_1:~/.homebridge $ homebridge
                      *** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
                      *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs>
                      *** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
                      *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs&f=DNSServiceRegister>
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:13 PM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeseer
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:13 PM] Registering accessory 'homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer'
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:13 PM] Registering platform 'homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer'
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:13 PM] ---
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:13 PM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeseer-plugin
                      homebridge API version: 2.2
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:13 PM] Registering platform 'homebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer'
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:13 PM] ---
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:14 PM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-http
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:14 PM] Registering accessory 'homebridge-http.Http'
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:14 PM] ---
                      [5/12/2017, 5:46:14 PM] config.json (/home/pi/.homebridge/config.json) not found.
                      Load homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer
                      Load homebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer
                      Scan this code with your HomeKit App on your iOS device to pair with Homebridge:

┌────────────┐
                      │ 031-45-154 │
                      └────────────┘

[5/12/2017, 5:46:14 PM] Homebridge is running on port 35273.

I created the config.json as you see above in .homebridge, but I get errors when I try to start homebridge up. When I remove the config.json, the last output is the result.

Please help!

I am looking for a quick dialog and help to get this online. In a bit of a time crunch as I am supporting some IOT opportunities with some builders in Colorado and need to get this working to show the homeseer integration value!!
                      Last edited by supergolfstick; May 13, 2017, 02:11 PM. Reason: needed to add one additional data point!!

Comment

I just posted in the homekit thread trying to get homebridge working and having a ton of issues. Can you please provide a few more step by step details to just pull your raspberry PI image onto my Raspberry PI that I have dedicated (running latest images as noted on many of the homebridge NPM steps out there. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have a very large IOT deployment inside my home via Zwave and am using this as a positioning to help some builders win some upside business on IOT as an upsell and help deploy homeseer as the platform.

Comment

@supergolfstick, what directions did you follow? Are you trying to get HomeKit to control your HomeSeer devices? It looks like you already have the HomeSeer Plugin installed, so why do you need to use HTTP as your accessory?

@supergolfstick, what issues are you having? Are you trying to use the image I posted above or are you setting up HomeBridge from scratch?

Comment

@supergolfstick, what directions did you follow? Are you trying to get HomeKit to control your HomeSeer devices? It looks like you already have the HomeSeer Plugin installed, so why do you need to use HTTP as your accessory?

@supergolfstick, what issues are you having? Are you trying to use the image I posted above or are you setting up HomeBridge from scratch?

I am just tying to get the easiest installation working. Any chance you can assist in this? I would like to use the raspberry PI3 as the federation between HomeKit and homeseer. Please let me know a few more tutorial steps in what you have laid out that will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cannot get rar to extract on Raspberry PI3

Hi, yeah, I just finished making a new version. This one is kinda like two applications in one -

The First piece -
                              - Will automatically generate the config.json file.
                              - This new version has an Advanced option, where you can customize the strings and values, and decide which type of devices it should query (I'll be adding more device types soon). I have numerous Z-Wave devices by different vendors, and it works with all of them, but for non-zwave devices, you might have tweak the strings and values a bit.
                              - I've also added a lot of error correction and error catching, so hopefully if something goes wrong, it will tell us what happened.
                              - Once you have the correct JSon file, you can copy/paste it into your own setup.

The second piece -
                              - It comes with a companion Raspberry Pi Image that's already FULLY configured. It already has the latest version of everything, and it's shrunk to fit on a SD Card as small as 2GB (compressed image is only 279MB).
                              - HomeBridge will automatically start when it boots, and it's designed so you don't even need a monitor & keyboard for it.
                              - The goal is for the Windows app is to fully control the Rapsberry Pi image.
                              - It can upload the config file to your RPi
                              - It can reset your RPi HomeBridge if need be
                              - And there's a button there called, "First Boot", which will automatically expand the image to fill the entire SD card (I will be adding more features to this. For example, for it to upgrade and update all the packages automatically).

Please let me know if you guys notice any issues with it (I'm sure there are tons of bugs). Hopefully, I can make this so easy, that people will have HomeKit up and running within minutes.

Here's the Windows App (just download and extract) -
                              https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...ThDbTRsOHJRRjg

Here's the RPi Image (extract with WinRAR and burn with https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ )
                              https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...WlVc054QmZZNFk

If this is useful, I will continue to improve it till somebody makes a native plugin again, or comes up with an easier way to get HomeKit going (oh, and I have absolutely no intention of ever charging for it).

I followed your instructions, but I cannot get the .rar to extract. I am using unrar-free and here is the output I am getting:

pi@7630_PI3_1:~/Downloads $ sudo unrar-free -x RPiHomeBridge.rar

unrar 0.0.1 Copyright (C) 2004 Ben Asselstine, Jeroen Dekkers

Extracting from /home/pi/Downloads/RPiHomeBridge.rar

unknown archive type, only plain RAR 2.0 supported(normal and solid archives), SFX and Volumes are NOT supported!
                              All OK
                              pi@7630_PI3_1:~/Downloads $

Can you help me understand what I need to do in order to get this image to extract and load per your comments on this please. Is there a read.me file that talks through the steps and helps understand the process and output please.

Comment

I'm going to play with this as soon as I get home. Looks great though, thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X