This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vjnexus View Post
    Anything further on getting the inputs on a vsx-1022?
    From the Receiver tab, edit the entry for your VSX-1022 and change the model to VSX-1023, then restart HomeSeer2. You'll then need to delete the input device and re-create it which will rebuild the inputs based on the list of valid Pioneer receiver 2012 inputs.

I am still reluctant to add any type of support for Game - value 49 as input 49 in not listed in any of the Pioneer API documentation.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra,
      I know someone has already asked about support for Pioneer VSX-823. I have a variation of that (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It is connected to my LAN and I am able to control it successfully with Roomie Remote app on my iPhone. I have not tried anything fancy, but turning on and off, changing volume, and switching sources definitely works. Roomie lists a variant of this receiver, VSX-823-K, on their supported devices page, under IP control section: http://www.roomieremote.com/device-compatibility/

Comment

VSX-70 and missing control for HDZone

Hi- I have the VSX-70 and it is setup to use the HDZone. So I have a Main Zone,HDZone and Zone2. I do not see a way to control the HDZone from the plugin/devices. I tried using the other zone settings but they do not control the HDZone from what I can tell. Can you add that option or is it here and I am just missing it?
        thanks

Update. i figured it out.It uses Zone 4 for the HDZone.I just needed to edit the source name under the device.
        Last edited by wolf382; December 21, 2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I *really* like my Pioneer VSX-1123 and I know the plug-in has a lot of feature. I cannot comment on the Denon AVR-2313CI or the "other plug-in" because I have never used them.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Ultra!
          Given your experience, what would be your receiver of choice right now? I am using Pioneer VSX-823, which is not compatible with this plugin. It is also giving me a ton of headaches controlling it via Global Cache IP-to-IR. I want to move it to my kid's play room and get something better for this movie room. What would you go with? I only need the main zone at 5.1 channels. I do need flawless compatibility with this plugin, since this is how I will automate events. Open to suggestions...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
            Ultra!
            Given your experience, what would be your receiver of choice right now? I am using Pioneer VSX-823, which is not compatible with this plugin. It is also giving me a ton of headaches controlling it via Global Cache IP-to-IR. I want to move it to my kid's play room and get something better for this movie room. What would you go with? I only need the main zone at 5.1 channels. I do need flawless compatibility with this plugin, since this is how I will automate events. Open to suggestions...
            I really like my Pioneer VSX-1123-K receiver. It was inexpensive, supports 2 HDMI outputs and works great with the UltraPioneerAVR3 plug-in. Any of the 2013 receivers should work ...

"SC-79/CUXJ"
            "SC-77/CUXJ"
            "SC-75/CUXJ"
            "SC-1523/UXJCB"
            "SC-72/CUXJ"
            "SC-1323/UXJCB"
            "SC-71/CUXJ"
            "SC-1223/UXJCB"
            "VSX-70/CUXE"
            "VSX-1123/CUXESM"

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I will definitely look into that because I can't wait to automate my home audio video equipment.

Comment

Any of the 2013 receivers should work ...
                Ultra,
                Do you plan to add support for the current line of Pioneer receivers (i.e. 2014)? I looked up one of those on the list from 2013 and Amazon informed me that a newer model is available...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                  Ultra,
                  Do you plan to add support for the current line of Pioneer receivers (i.e. 2014)? I looked up one of those on the list from 2013 and Amazon informed me that a newer model is available...
                  Yes, I'll be adding support for them when I convert the plug-in to Linux within the next month or so.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Yes, I'll be adding support for them when I convert the plug-in to Linux within the next month or so.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Sounds good!

Comment

How can you tell if it could work?

Ultra, Found a VSX-824 for $50. Has a crack in the front bezel but works perfectly. It will sit in a closet and no one will see it's ugliness, so I bought it.

When you are determining which models will work or partially work, what info do you need to know that? Since the 823 is not on the list, I suspect the 824 won't be either, but wanted to know how you determine it. I have my fingers crossed just in case.

I have an 1121 for the theater and it is awesome! Workhorse!

Rob

Comment

Hello. I have the VSX-1123, which has the Main Receiver Zone, HDZone and Zone2. Does the plugin support the HDZone settings?

Comment

Originally posted by ViperJD View Post
                          Hello. I have the VSX-1123, which has the Main Receiver Zone, HDZone and Zone2. Does the plugin support the HDZone settings?
                          Yes, it's zone 4.

Comment

THANK YOU!

Comment

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              Hi Randy,

Do you know if the VSX-1124 will be supported? There's a local sale on and I may pick one up to replace a Sony receiver.

Thanks
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes, I'll post an update that adds official support for it. Please let me know when you get it so I can post the update. You can then confirm all the features work okay.

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                                X