X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming switches through the plugin

I am a little confused. Ok here goes.

I have 3 switches in my basement and 1 Keypadlinc. If I program the switches the Smarthome way (Holding the top paddle for 10 seconds and then going to the other switch and linking them) all the switches will turn on and off fine. Now if I understand this correctly, shouldn't I be able to go into the plugin and click "Reread device settings and links" and whatever I programmed manually should pop up on the computer? Well I tried that, and all I get is this:

Link #2 Button A has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #3 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #4 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #5 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #6 Button Off has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #1 Button On/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #9 Button A is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #28 (Button Control Group) - Command: On
    Link #10 Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #29 (Button Control Group) - Command: On
    Link #11 Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #30 (Button Control Group) - Command: On
    Link #12 Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #31 (Button Control Group) - Command: On
    Link #13 Button Off is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #32 (Button Control Group) - Command: On
    Link #7 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #254 HomeSeer 'All Devices Group' - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.
    Link #8 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #27 (Button Control Group) - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, if I wanted to what is the best way to crosslink the switch through the plugin. Do I need to unlink all the switches that were programmed manually first then use your crosslink checkbox, then click Reread devices?

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve, you are correct. plugin should pick up manually created links. not sure why it didn't. check the links for one of the switches you programmed against the kpl and see if the new links show in the plugin

if you build the crosslinks via the plugin, you don't need to reread links, the new links will be added to the links list automatically.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X