Jon00 UK Skybox RS232 port parser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 UK Skybox RS232 port parser

Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3 versions available!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 10, 2013, 02:29 PM.
    Jon

Hi Jon00

This is very cool and will be very useful, especially the on/off status in helping to script commands for turning the box on or off.

Are there any plans (or even possibilities) of extending the interface to let it control the box (i.e. play, pause, on/off etc.)?

Thanks
    NicolaiL
    Nicolai L

Comment

You never fail to amaze Jon00, you are a machine in your ability to interface Homeseer with stuff you have available.

I am almost waiting to see Jon00's Abacus to Homeseer Script
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
        Hi Jon00

This is very cool and will be very useful, especially the on/off status in helping to script commands for turning the box on or off.

Are there any plans (or even possibilities) of extending the interface to let it control the box (i.e. play, pause, on/off etc.)?

Thanks
        NicolaiL
        Unfortunately the RS232 port on the Sky box only sends out data and cannot be used to control it.

There has been some creative uses for this already including audio leveling depending on the channel being watched.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
          I am almost waiting to see Jon00's Abacus to Homeseer Script
          I'll be working on that one soon!
          Jon

Comment

One application I use...

If you are able to control your Sky box via IR, it is really easy to add a small amount of scripting to automatically change a selected SD channel to its HD equivalent!
            Jon

Comment

would you beable to build on this by adding support for control via the RFin Port?

Comment

Originally posted by MJX220 View Post
                would you beable to build on this by adding support for control via the RFin Port?
                Not really. You would need a sky controller which would have to be operated via a second serial port. Controlling it would be easy via Homeseer.
                Jon

Comment

couple words about plugin.

Hi Everyone,

First Of all
                  I'd like to thanks personally to Jon00 for considering my ideas as useful and creating this plugin. (I hope I wasn't to pushy).
                  I had some ideas how to interact with Skybox, but there was not status control and I couldn't handle with my V.B. knowledge to make it.
                  And here we have it...
                  By end of the week I will share all my ideas on this forum with explanation, hopefully I'll inspire others.

Briefly: volume leveling, switching TV power/output when really your program start, changing sound field for certain programs and few other with combining XMLTV and voice announcement

Comment

Thanks Jon - this has been on my list of things to try for quite a while. Just sent a little Paypal thank you :-)

Any chance of it being able to get data from more than one Sky box ? I have three One is the main Sky HD box, one is the multiroom box and I use another dedicated to radio channels for the whole house audio. Getting data from all of them would be great.

Kevin W.

Comment

I noticed that Sky have launched an updated iPhone App which allows you to control the Sky box (play/pause etc.) so they must have finally allowed control over the Ethernet now?
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                        I noticed that Sky have launched an updated iPhone App which allows you to control the Sky box (play/pause etc.) so they must have finally allowed control over the Ethernet now?
                        I did have a quick look and there are various forums discussing this. The problem is that although details have been extracted, only a limited number of commands are known and not suitable yet for a replacement to the normal remote.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by kw1816 View Post
                          Thanks Jon - this has been on my list of things to try for quite a while. Just sent a little Paypal thank you :-)

Any chance of it being able to get data from more than one Sky box ? I have three One is the main Sky HD box, one is the multiroom box and I use another dedicated to radio channels for the whole house audio. Getting data from all of them would be great.

Kevin W.
                          I'll take a look. Would these be connected to one PC or individual PC's?
                          Jon

Comment

I'll take a look. Would these be connected to one PC or individual PC's?
                            All on the same PC - it's the Homeseer PC.

https://sites.google.com/site/kw1816/home/back-end

Comment

Kevin,

I've made a few changes for you to try. Can I send it to you via your Ebay email account?
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X