This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace Device: Cannot find new device

I am attempting to replace a device with another of the same type. On the insteon_config page, I am clicking Replace This Device, and then entering the address triplet for the new device. It tells me it cannot reach the new device, and aborts. I've tried plugging the device (a lamp module, #2457D2, Rev. 1.33) into various outlets around the house, with no change. Comm tests 100%. My plug-in version is 3.0.6.0.

Any suggestions?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    I am attempting to replace a device with another of the same type. On the insteon_config page, I am clicking Replace This Device, and then entering the address triplet for the new device. It tells me it cannot reach the new device, and aborts. I've tried plugging the device (a lamp module, #2457D2, Rev. 1.33) into various outlets around the house, with no change. Comm tests 100%. My plug-in version is 3.0.6.0.

Any suggestions?
    please enable detailed logging on the plugin config page, retry the replace routine, and post the log snippet of the transaction. I need to see where its failing
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      please enable detailed logging on the plugin config page, retry the replace routine, and post the log snippet of the transaction. I need to see where its failing
      I eventually solved this, and you won't believe how. I plugged the damn thing into an ACCESS POINT. ("Here, try ignoring THIS, m-fer!") But it still begs the question, why wouldn't it work anywhere else...so I may just do as you say and take a log snippet for you.

Jim Speiser
      38-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
      X