Working great with:

HS version: 3.0.0.368
    Mono Version: 5.2.0.224
    MacOS version 10.12.6

Thanks to all!!

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Would you mind sending me that lib file, I will include it with the MAC OSX install. Send it to my email rjhAThomeseer.com.

Thanks!
      What Mac OS X install? I've been using mono, and the Linux install. Is there a place for a packaged Mac install?

Comment

Has anyone been able to get AirplaySpeak working on a Mac? You'd think it would just work since it's a Mac, but seems to need some libraries. I installed MacPorts, and installed the avahi module, but no love.

Would really like to get this working - any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Use Mac default audio output?

How can I get HomeSeer to just use the default audio output on the Mac?

My Mac can play audio from web pages, or anything else, but I can't get HomeSeer to make a single sound. Any tips or advice?

Comment

Sound is played using the shell script speak.sh and speak_to_file.sh. Edit those scripts to use whatever text-to-speech process you want. Be default is uses "flite" which probably is not installed on your Mac. If you install that, it should then start working. This is not the best TTS and I suspect there is something that sounds better on the Mac. Maybe a Mac expert can chime in.

Originally posted by AbMagFAb View Post
            How can I get HomeSeer to just use the default audio output on the Mac?

My Mac can play audio from web pages, or anything else, but I can't get HomeSeer to make a single sound. Any tips or advice?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by ihomeautomate View Post
              Regarding the error :

It's not a specific homeseer error. It's basically an sqlite3 on mac os using mono problem. The out-of-the box sqlite3 isn't compiled with the necessary SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA flag needed for System.Data.SQLite.dll to retrieve the metadata of columns (requested by homeseer core) .

* Download sqlite3 source
              * Use -DSQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA=1 flag
              * make
              * copy fresh libsqlite3.0.dylib in homeseer home directory

Running all fine and dandy now.
              Thanks for your help. I've been waiting for someone knowledgeable to chine in on this error for years. With the file Airey001/rjh shared above, I was FINALLY able to get Homeseer HS3 Standard for Linux running smoothly on my Mac.

Best regards,
              Cesar/Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Sound is played using the shell script speak.sh and speak_to_file.sh. Edit those scripts to use whatever text-to-speech process you want. Be default is uses "flite" which probably is not installed on your Mac. If you install that, it should then start working. This is not the best TTS and I suspect there is something that sounds better on the Mac. Maybe a Mac expert can chime in.
                After finally getting the log error fixed by adding the dylib file shared above by Airey001/Rjh, fixing this problem is pretty easy.

Edit speak.sh and comment all lines that refer to "flite", "pico2wave" and/or "aplay". Then add the following line at the very end of the script:

say "$1"

Mac's own TTS engine configured voice will greet you "Welcome to Homeseer", when you restart HS3.

Comment

Working...
                X