HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
    Is there any reason why the playlists arent showing any more?

When in [PLUG-INS] -> [Sonos] -> [Sonos unit name] I can see "Line Input" when I press it. But "Radiostaionts" or Playlists" are gone. I tried "Auto Update Flag" and "Immediate Update Flag" in the "Config"-page.
    Can you post a screenshot. Which OS are you running this on; which browser are you using; did you create a musicDB? Do you see errors in the log file with debug flag turned on and pulling up the web page?

Dirk

Comment

Hmm, today it works. I did not change anything regarding the Sonos since it was working before. Perhaps I restarted the Sonos unit a day before and did not use it until I saw that something was wrong. I tried to start playing music from my HSTouch interface (yesturday), and even thou the event I use to start one of the playlists could not see the playlists, it did start playing.

Lets see this as my falut and I will get back if it happens again.

Great work by the way. One of the best plugins Im using.

Comment

Getting Errors

Hi Dirk

I am running HS 3 version 3.0.0.68 and Sonos Beta version v3.0.0.12
        I am running on a windows XP VM running under ESXi on a reasonably fast machine

I am getting the
        May-18 2:33:55 PM Sonos Error Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Kitchen when getting the ChannelMapSet/ZoneName with Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212
        May-18 2:33:55 PM Sonos Error Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Kitchen when getting the AudioInputName with Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212

Errors

Here is my Log
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PosterBoy View Post
          Hi Dirk

I am running HS 3 version 3.0.0.68 and Sonos Beta version v3.0.0.12
          I am running on a windows XP VM running under ESXi on a reasonably fast machine

I am getting the
          May-18 2:33:55 PM Sonos Error Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Kitchen when getting the ChannelMapSet/ZoneName with Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212
          May-18 2:33:55 PM Sonos Error Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Kitchen when getting the AudioInputName with Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212

Errors

Here is my Log
          Do you see this each time you start HS or sometimes?

This is really not a big deal, I suspect I try to read a variable that has not been updated in the UPNP subsystem. I had added a 1 second wait in the past but that might not be enough but what is enough?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

Unfortunately I always see both errors for every zone on startup and then again both errors for all zones repeating every 20 minutes after

Comment

Originally posted by PosterBoy View Post
              Hi Dirk

Unfortunately I always see both errors for every zone on startup and then again both errors for all zones repeating every 20 minutes after
              If you see this every 20 minutes than you have a much bigger problem, that means that the UPNP subsystem loses communication with your player(s). Perhaps something wrong in your VM settings.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk, I have exactly the same problem. Included the part of the log when it happens.

Code:
                mei-20 19:57:23	  	 Sonos	 Search for ZonePlayer Slaapkamer complete.
                mei-20 19:57:15	  	 Sonos	 SW Version for zoneplayer = Slaapkamer= 500
                mei-20 19:57:15	  	 Sonos	 IPAddress for zoneplayer = Slaapkamer= 192.168.0.112
                mei-20 19:57:15	  	 Sonos Error	 Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = Slaapkamer when getting the ChannelMapSet/ZoneName with Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212
                mei-20 19:57:14	  	 Sonos	 ZonePlayer Slaapkamer with IPAddress = 192.168.0.112 reachable on network. Attempting to reconnect
                mei-20 19:57:02	  	 Sonos	 ZonePlayer Slaapkamer has been disconnected from the network in myDeviceFinderCallBack_DeviceLost.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
                  Dirk, I have exactly the same problem. Included the part of the log when it happens.

Code:
                  mei-20 19:57:23           Sonos     Search for ZonePlayer Slaapkamer complete.
                  mei-20 19:57:15           Sonos     SW Version for zoneplayer = Slaapkamer= 500
                  mei-20 19:57:15           Sonos     IPAddress for zoneplayer = Slaapkamer= 192.168.0.112
                  mei-20 19:57:15           Sonos Error     Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = Slaapkamer when getting the ChannelMapSet/ZoneName with Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212
                  mei-20 19:57:14           Sonos     ZonePlayer Slaapkamer with IPAddress = 192.168.0.112 reachable on network. Attempting to reconnect
                  mei-20 19:57:02           Sonos     ZonePlayer Slaapkamer has been disconnected from the network in myDeviceFinderCallBack_DeviceLost.
                  So you guys must have the same problem

How is the missed ping counter look like?
                  Did this start when you upgraded your Sonos SW?

Dirk

Comment

I'm still on Sonos 4.2 and I also see this error in the log at start up. Only for one player, only at start up and not at every start up.

Player otherwise works as expected both from PI and Sonos Controller SW.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
                      I'm still on Sonos 4.2 and I also see this error in the log at start up. Only for one player, only at start up and not at every start up.

Player otherwise works as expected both from PI and Sonos Controller SW.

Paul..
                      Hi Paul,

thanks for the info. The error at start-up, not sure how to prevent it. It is not a biggie so I could just suppress it. Now that I understand UPNP much better than a year or two ago when I wrote that piece of code it is a bit ironic. The way UPNP works is that when you are interested in specific events and you want to be notified about their changes, you just "sign up" (or install a callback) for events w/ the UPNP subsystem. What I saw back than is that typically when you sign up for an event, you receive the events immediately so you know the current value of the variables that you are interested in. In some cases on some players, I would not get these events at startup so I added code to instruct the UPNP subsystem to tell me the values. What I know now, since I wrote my own UPNP subsystem is that if you don't get the event, neither does the UPNP subsystem know what the value is, meaning it doesn't query the UPNP device when instructed to provide a value for some variable, it only knows the value of the variable because it "remembers" the events it received

I see it on my system as well (when I restart HS3), but it is not consistent, I see it sometimes and then it goes away. I have the impression it is more outspoken on more recent Sonos SW version that in the past. I had already added a little wait but it doesn't seem to cover it. In the next beta; I rewrote the init sequence a little so that the first thing the code does, is add a callback for events, maybe that buys us another second or so or at least makes that the first thing the player needs to do.

But if one sees it every x minutes, this means that the UPNP subsystem loses communication with the player, and so far has ALWAYS been a network issue, a firewall issue, a player issue.

Dirk

Comment

It's not causing any problems Dirk and I don't see it every X minutes so I just ignore it. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't happen at every start up.

I had a lot of problems with this kind of UPNP stuff when I was running HS on XP. Frequent disconnects etc but since moving to W7 it's been fine.

I purposely haven't updated the Sonos SW to 5.x just in case it broke the plug-in

Paul..

Comment

Sonos event triggers - hasTrack, hasAlbum, hasArtist

I'm trying to use these triggers, but they are not working for me. Just wondering if this is a known issue with the current beta or if it's a problem on my end. Can anyone confirm if any of these triggers are working?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                            I'm trying to use these triggers, but they are not working for me. Just wondering if this is a known issue with the current beta or if it's a problem on my end. Can anyone confirm if any of these triggers are working?
                            That's a condition not a trigger. One way is to trigger on track change and then use the condition you have, I think using the "regular" homeseer device actions, as xxx device hasbecome yyy should work as well

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                              That's a condition not a trigger. One way is to trigger on track change and then use the condition you have, I think using the "regular" homeseer device actions, as xxx device hasbecome yyy should work as well

Dirk
                              Ahhh, I see now. Works perfectly when you use it correctly

Thanks, Dirk!

Comment

SONOS Conditions Not Working

I'm on SONOS 3.0.0.12 and when I try to validate the playing status of a player, it is not working. For example, I have a number of rooms that have lights and Sonos turn on based on movement. One check is that if the Sonos player is already playing, don't restart it to a new song or station if movement is noticed a second, third, etc. time. The trigger for the event is the motion detector but one of the conditions is that the Sonos player IsNotPlaying. No matter what condition I choose (IsNotPlaying, IsPlaying, IsNotPaused, etc.) the condition always comes back true and the event runs. So in this case, if the Sonos was already playing, it cuts off the song and starts over. Is this a known bug? Is there a work-around? TRIGGERs do seem to work, but in this example I need the Condition to work. Appreciate any direction you can provide.

Comment

Working...
                                X