Hosafe ONVIF Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosafe ONVIF Cameras

I've been attempting to use Netcam with my Hosafe ONVIF cameras which are being recorded on a NVR on my network. I'm trying to get motion detected email alerts and can't even figure out how to get a snapshot from these cameras . Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

were you ever able to get this to work?
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Not yet. I shelved the attempt for awhile out of frustration and am going to try again this weekend.

Comment

Most camera systems fall into a few categories:

1.) First where the snapshot cameras which many of the programs around here support. They are cheap, simple, but extremely slow. Then came MJPG which is a snapshot stream. Browsers support that. But most cameras do MJPG poorly.

2.) Then there are the RTSP stream cameras. They are better, but most (if not all) browsers can not display a RTSP stream. So you need an app to display the stream.

3.) Then there is ONVIF. Still a stream that a browser can not display, but more of a standard amongst cameras. On paper it sounds great, in practice to be determined. I have 8 cameras and a NVR that supposedly are ONVIF compatible. Can't get them integrated as most apps don't support RTSP streams or ONVIF. Someone once said that HSTouch supports RTSP streams, but I doubt that. Maybe I am wrong. It would be awesome if it did!

The challenge is that to convert a camera stream from one protocol to another takes a lot of CPU power. Blue Iris is a great app but can be CPU hungry depending on what, and how many, cameras you have connected.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Someone once said that HSTouch supports RTSP streams

There was an attempt and the file remains in the Homeseer 3 directory called NReco.VideoConverter.LT.dll.

That said it never really did work for me.

Here always used Zoneminder and it worked with any IP HD cameras I used. The Zoneminder wiki is always updated with many commonly used cameras.

Started using Zoneminder here in the days of analog multiple stream capture cards which initially were priced around $300 plus. Then also utilize Axis Video servers which connected to Zoneminder. (and my Leviton OmniTouch screens and remote).

RTSP today is a common standard BUT many IP camera manufacturers OS's are all different and do it different ways. There is no uniformity.

ONVIF is still very new and many camera manufacturers are doing it different ways. New CCTV software does include ONVIF.

There are now new CCTV with embedded Linux firmware that do work with a variety of cameras and formats. Same with software like Blue Iris.

Early attempts here which worked related to using VLC embedded screens in my Wintel HS touchscreens.

If Hosafe publishes an API or SDK that helps. Many manufacturers will not publish anything relating to their cameras in the supposition that you will only utilize their stuff.

If not check out some CCTV forums and ask. Many times folks just reverse engineer the OS of the camera for their own personal use and post how they did this.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yeah, HSTouch being an APP based client could work with RTSP streams as it is not browser based like some applications. Bummer that you couldn't get it working as I would have probably relooked at HSTouch.
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Here testing some new Linux based CCTV software. ALL embedded NVRs utilize Linux today.

Zoneminder is getting a bit long in the tooth even though I have it working with everything.

New software is called Shinobi.

I wrote about it on Cocoontech.

Shinobi simple CCTV and NVR solution

Shinobi is Open Source, written in Node.js, and real easy to use.

It is the future of CCTV and NVR for developers and end-users alike.

It is catered to by professionals and most importantly by the one who created it.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete that old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comes straight to mind lol. How are you my good man.

Comment

I am doing fine here Pete.

Tinkering as always...

......been tinkering a bunch here now with MQTT and upgrading firmware on WiFi devices, Linux Docker and added Home Assistant to the mix of automation servers.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Home Assistant. Now there's something which will definitely take up all your spare time lol. I was wondering why things were so quiet. Just did an upgrade from 0.73 to 0.82 and bang. Between tokens,legacy passwords,verification and long term tokens I'm pulling my hair out. Only I've such a largely configured setup I'd start afresh.

Comment

Yeah here running Home Assistant in Docker (also Node Red) and at currently 0.82.0 and primarily using MQTT. Just mostly tinkering with it and an HA plugin.

Never have used Docker before. I am learning ...baby steps...

I have done a few typos on my configuration.yaml file and that does abend HA sometimes. Works fine with all of my new upgraded firmware SonOff WiFi devices.

Testing the conconcation on a very old Shuttle Atom Nettop with 2 Gb of RAM here running Ubuntu 18.10.

Upgraded all Linux boxes here (including two HS3 boxes) with Ubuntu 18.10. Still getting used to it.

Trying a new build now next week on an RPi3.

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                      X