Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@stipus
    So I've tested your config file with HS3 and it works great!
    One question, I still primarily use HS2 and I'm using the HTTP shim and it works good with HomeKit but I would like to implement your method.
    I know the add on for json controlling in HS2 is different, so I'm wondering if I would just need to change this spot in the Homeseer platforms file.

When I check the status of a device using HS2 I can call up this.

http://192.168.1.100:81/jsonapi.asp?...etdevice&id=A1
    A1 is the x10 code or device code

controlling the devices looks like this.
    On command
    http://192.168.1.100:81/jsonapi.asp?...deviceon&id=A1

Off command
    http://192.168.1.100:81/jsonapi.asp?...eviceoff&id=A1

So just wondering if I just change this area below from your Homeseer.json file, is that all I would have to do?

I'm not fully committed to changing over to HS3 yet and would like to keep using it with HomeKit but not with the http shim.

function HomeSeerAccessory(log, platformConfig, status ) {
    this.log = log;
    this.ref = status.ref;
    this.name = status.name
    this.model = status.device_type_string;
    this.onValue = "100";
    this.offValue = "0";

this.control_url = platformConfig["host"] + "/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=" + this.ref + "&value=";
    this.status_url = platformConfig["host"] + "/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=" + this.ref;

for( var i=0; i<platformConfig.accessories.length; i++ ) {
    if( platformConfig.accessories[i].ref == this.ref )
    {
    this.config = platformConfig.accessories[i];
    break;
    }
    }
    Last edited by tommyd75; October 7, 2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Stipus,

I got started documenting the how to install on windows. I've shared a google doc with you. It is all the steps up to npm run start in screen captures. I'll add text soon.
      The last three screen shots show errors after typing the npm commands?
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Tommyd75

I think it is going to be harder than just changing those 2 lines for HS2 compatibility ... Maybe we have to create a specific HS2 platform for HomeBridge...

TomTom,

Thanks for your work on the documentation. I think the hard part is installing the required dependancies (python is OK, but visual c++ a bit more difficult as the process is different if you have Windows XP, or Vista/Seven, or Windows 10... and if you have a 32bit or 64bit OS ... )

I found the following thread on stack overflow....
        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...or-windows-x64

And this page in the nodejs wiki:
        https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp/w...dio-2010-Setup

For your information, I have submitted the HomeSeer platform as an official HomeBridge shim...
        --
        stipus

Comment

nice release !!

can you make it possible to let it add all the devices ? so i can filter out ?

kind regards
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

No it's a bad idea for several reasons:

1) I have no way to detect the type of the HomeSeer devices (Is it a bulb, a switch, a fan, a temperature sensor, a brightness level ?), and HomeKit needs a type for each device.

2) HomeKit currently only supports 99 accessories per bridge... many HomeSeer users have more than 100 HomeSeer devices, and this would cause problems.

--> You have to add each HS device reference you want to import into HomeKit to the HomeBridge configuration, and for each device select a correct type.

--> Don't import more than 99 devices.
            --
            stipus

Comment

thanks for reply ,

yeah it would be cool if we can use groups , so you can put some lights in a group before triggering , but homebridge doesnt support events ...
              ok so i know that .

and it would be nice if homekit can read text of device status , but its unavailable right now

thanks again !

Originally posted by stipus View Post
              No it's a bad idea for several reasons:

1) I have no way to detect the type of the HomeSeer devices (Is it a bulb, a switch, a fan, a temperature sensor, a brightness level ?), and HomeKit needs a type for each device.

2) HomeKit currently only supports 99 accessories per bridge... many HomeSeer users have more than 100 HomeSeer devices, and this would cause problems.

--> You have to add each HS device reference you want to import into HomeKit to the HomeBridge configuration, and for each device select a correct type.

--> Don't import more than 99 devices.
              Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
              Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

For your information, the HomeSeer platform shim I wrote yesterday has now been officially included into HomeBridge
                --
                stipus

Comment

Here is a first step-list to install Homebridge on windows.

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...dge-on-Windows
                  Last edited by stipus; November 1, 2015, 01:36 PM.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
                    Tom
                    baby steps...starting again with HS3
                    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Any idea how to change a thread title?

Comment

At the top of the page, there is a "thread tool" menu. As you created the thread, you should find a "edit thread" menu entry, then you can change the title
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Changes

Just a few things to note:

"2) HomeKit currently only supports 99 accessories per bridge." Homebridge is changing with the following message from the dev:
                          New Bridged Mode

The latest version of Homebridge introduces a pretty significant change - all accessories are now "bridged" behind a single Accessory called "Homebridge". Instead of adding accessories one by one, you should only ever need to add that single "Homebridge" Accessory and all Accessories "behind" it will be added automatically.

Additionally, if you add or remove accessories later, you don't need to do anything on the iOS side. It will automatically refresh your accessories in the background.

Also,

" so you can put some lights in a group before triggering , but homebridge doesnt support events ... "

Homebridge just issues JSON commands. Can these not trigger events/scripts/virtual devices in Homeseer? I would rather keep complex logic in Homeseer and just use Homebridge to trigger it. e.g. "Siri, good night"

Rien, Jayman, Thrag, Fraggel, I think have been developing other more integrated solutions for Homekit. I would love to understand what those solutions do beyond Homebridge as I expect they allow for two way notifications and/or deeper integration into iOS events (goefencing, reminders, etc.)

Comment

Yes you can easily say "Good Morning" or anything to SIRI (just create a HomeKit scene with what you want to say to SIRI as the HomeKit scene name), then add an Action to that HomeKit scene that is going to change a HomeSeer device. Then you can create a HomeSeer trigger to run any HomeSeer event.

I can also add a feature to the HomeSeer platform shim that would link a HomeKit stateless switch to a HomeSeer event.

The latest version of HomeBridge is already in bridge mode. Once the bridge is paired, any accessory (HomeSeer device) you add to the HomeBridge configuration is automatically visible in HomeKit.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Very nice.

First I tried to setup homebridge on Windows, but that wasn't easy. After following the steps mentioned above, including installation Visual Studio 2013 Express, the Windows 7 64-bit SDK, the Bonjour SDK, a open-ssl package which was needed for one of the packages it still didn't work. Also I didn't like to have a bunch of tools on the Windows machine. So I decided to install a small Ubuntu server on my ESXi server just for homebridge. So even with little experience with ubuntu this was easier to get it up and running.

However, I just found a small bug with the OccupancySensor. On line 323 the variable motionSensorService is used instead of occupancySensorService which results in an error when starting homebridge when using an OccupancySensor.

Furthermore I have some problems when using Siri with Outlet or Switch. Looks like it works fine in HomeKit/HomeBridge. For example in Eve I can control the device "ABC". But using Siri with "Zet ABC aan" which is dutch for "Turn ABC on" Siri doesn't understand. Looks like something in Siri itself, maybe in the Dutch version?

Comment

It's really a problem that it's so difficult to setup on Windows...

It took me a few minutes to install on a Mac.... Everywhere I read that it should be compatible with Windows, but nowhere I could find the right procedure, and as you said, there are too many dependencies to install !

Thank you for the bug report with the occupancy sensor. I'll have this fixed in the repository. If you have ideas for improvements, I can try to add some features...

I had similar problems with the French version of Siri. With some accessory names it works fine, with some other names it doesn't... Hopefully this will get fixed with IOS 9.1......
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X