Install error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok,

Copied over missing file and get below. I notice I have only one tab on config page. At this stage I have not plugged in hardware as its not arriving until tomorrow. So far so good?
    Attached Files
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
      Ok,

Copied over missing file and get below. I notice I have only one tab on config page. At this stage I have not plugged in hardware as its not arriving until tomorrow. So far so good?
      the plugin files you need to install on your Windows machine that will be connected the Kinect are the files from the zip from the Beta testing thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162313) not the one posted on this thread which is only needed on your Linux HS3 server.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        the plugin files you need to install on your Windows machine that will be connected the Kinect are the files from the zip from the Beta testing thread (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162313) not the one posted on this thread which is only needed on your Linux HS3 server.
        Morning Spud,

Thanks, Does this look more promising?. Bear in mind, kinect not plugged in to Windows PC. This should be here this afternoon. Still only one tab when I view Kinect on server, so still a little confused. Sorry!

(Below)
        Attached Files
        Steve

Comment

Morning Spud,

Thanks, Does this look more promising?. Bear in mind, kinect not plugged in to Windows PC. This should be here this afternoon. Still only one tab when I view Kinect on server, so still a little confused. Sorry!

(Below)
          yes this is better, but I think you are not looking at the right Config page, in the PLUG-INS menu you should have a link called "Kinect > Config - kitchen". HS3 does not handle very well those links when you add/remove a remote instance, so if you don't see the link, restart HS3 then restart your remote instance.

also, if you want to use the Kinect as a webcam you will have to start the plugin as Administrator. To do this start a cmd window as Administrator, i.e right click cmd.exe in windows menu, then click "run as Administrator", then start the plugin as usual.

Comment

Spud,

Thanks, a restart of the Linux SEL did the trick. I now havevoice tabs. Just a waiting game now for the delivery guy, then playtime starts. Thanks for your patience. Will post if I get stuck !

Windows drivers installed and ready to go, I think!

Cheers
            Steve

Comment

Spud, still waiting for hardware to arrive [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Steve

Comment

Spud,

Hardware installed, I am now not sure what the next step is?

At what point should it be initialised???

I have two kitchen- config tabs on the Plugin tab.

Read user manual but...Help!
                Attached Files
                Steve

Comment

Spud,

Hardware installed, I am now not sure what the next step is?

At what point should it be initialised???

I have two kitchen- config tabs on the Plugin tab.

Read user manual but...Help!
                  initialization looks ok, there is no message that says it's finished at INFO level, set the log level to Debug from the config page if you want more information.

what do you mean by "two kitchen - config tabs"? can you post a screenshot?

Comment

Spud,

Attached. I should be setting this up on SEL correct?Not Windows machine (no HS3 installed)

Sorry to be a pain!
                    Attached Files
                    Steve

Comment

you should only have one Config link. You seem to have 2 instances running on your SEL plus one running remotely. As stated in your logs you don't need to run any instance on the SEL, so, disable them both, them restart the remote instance from the command line on your Win PC.

Then you should get only one "Config - kitchen" instance, from which you will be able to configure all the different settings as shown in the User Guide.

Comment

you should only have one Config link. You seem to have 2 instances running on your SEL plus one running remotely. As stated in your logs you don't need to run any instance on the SEL, so, disable them both, them restart the remote instance from the command line on your Win PC.

Then you should get only one "Config - kitchen" instance, from which you will be able to configure all the different settings as shown in the User Guide.
                        Spud,

Sorry, I am totally confused!

If I disable the kinect PI and the kitchen instance on the SEL page as suggested above??, Where do I find the kitchen config tab to setup PI. There is no HS3 installed on windows PC.

I have restarted the remote instance on the Windows PC. I have team viewer on windows pc if thats any good. This has access to SEL (via webpage)
                        Steve

Comment

Spud,

Sorry, I am totally confused!

If I disable the kinect PI and the kitchen instance on the SEL page as suggested above??, Where do I find the kitchen config tab to setup PI. There is no HS3 installed on windows PC.

I have restarted the remote instance on the Windows PC. I have team viewer on windows pc if thats any good. This has access to SEL (via webpage)
                          as soon as you start the remote instance from the command line on your remote PC, a "Config - Kitchen" link should appear in the HS3 web page, exactly as in your screenshot except there will be only one link.

Comment

as soon as you start the remote instance from the command line on your remote PC, a "Config - Kitchen" link should appear in the HS3 web page, exactly as in your screenshot except there will be only one link.
                            Spud,

Easy when yo know how.

I now have one kitchen tab on web page, however, when I try to set up an event and select " a phrase was recognized" from the drop down list, it disconnects from window PC

It then reconnects after 60 secs as we expect it to.
                            Any suggestions ?
                            Attached Files
                            Steve

Comment

Spud,

Easy when yo know how.

I now have one kitchen tab on web page, however, when I try to set up an event and select " a phrase was recognized" from the drop down list, it disconnects from window PC

It then reconnects after 60 secs as we expect it to.
                              Any suggestions ?
                              have you upgraded mono to version 4.x on your SEL (as I told you in one of the first post of this thread)?

I never said it would be easy , actually this configuration ( HS3 running on Linux and the Kinect plugin running remotely on Windows) is the most difficult setup possible especially if you are not familiar with Linux.

Comment

have you upgraded mono to version 4.x on your SEL (as I told you in one of the first post of this thread)?

I never said it would be easy , actually this configuration ( HS3 running on Linux and the Kinect plugin running remotely on Windows) is the most difficult setup possible especially if you are not familiar with Linux.

Spud, your not wrong there

I believe I have the Monoblock thingy installed. Pete kindly checked for me a little while back for something else I couldn't get to work. Cant remember how to check to be honest. And you've guessed it! i know absolutely nothing about Linux.

Afraid I'm reliant on you guys to get me up and running, sad to say, just and end user

Over to you Boss!

Ps save keep typing in command prompt, is there any easy way to "launch" this when I have to start PC. Something like a bat file?
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X