MCSTemperature broken in my HS2 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCSTemperature broken in my HS2 system

I wanted to add a new sensor to track with MCSTemperature today and everything went sideways. Here's the message I got in the Homeseer log when I tried to add a sensor:

2/12/2016 4:20:58 PM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database fields HVAC_Hum_ON-OFF in C:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb\Sensors
    2/12/2016 4:20:58 PM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~ CreateEnvironment on line 1111 Object required

Now any time I try to add something I get the same type of error message.
    I even tried shutting down Homeseer and copying the database and ini files from last night's backup (to keep the database and ini file in sync) When I do that I get no database updates. I tried uninstalling MCSTemperature and re-installing it from the updater and get the same thing. As soon as I try to add a sensor I get the same type of error message.
    Any idea what's going on?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

The problem is related to your database. I do not have my old VB6 code with me to look at the specific line were the error is reported. I believe Access was used. If you have Access then you can compact & repair the database. You can also open the database to confirm the tables look reasonable. There is limits to the number of columns in a table. I think around 256 but not certain. I doubt if you should have this many, but over time if some became added unintentionally then it could accumulate. Another approach would be to restore an older database from backup. You could also rename or copy the database so mcsTemperature is forced to create a new one. This could be used as a diagnostic. Another thing I see is that your name is ON-OFF. The minus sign may be reserved and not available for use as a name in Access. Not certain, but again something to try.

Comment

OK, I restored the database from my nightly backup. Everything works OK and data is saved normally as long as I don't do anything to change anything in the database. Virtually anything I try results in a

!~mcsTemperature~!~ CreateEnvironment on line 1111 Object required

error message

I have tried the following:
      - adding in a new sensor (w/o using a dash), ie 'humidifier_on_off'
      - removing an old unused sensor
      - opening up the database in Access and doing a compact and repair. After doing that if I do either of the above I get the error message.
      - deleted the database and upon creating a new one it gives me this:

2/14/2016 6:16:48 PM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Created Database(s) C:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb
      2/14/2016 6:16:48 PM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for normalize forecast data in C:\Program Files\Homeseer 2\mcsTemperature.mdb\tblTemperatureForecast
      2/14/2016 6:16:48 PM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~ CreateEnvironment on line 1111 Object required

It does start anew recording data seemingly w/o a hiccup, but once I get that error message I can't add a sensor and then add it to a group to chart it. If I do the first time I try to display that chart the chart doesn't display and mcstemperature goes off into la la land and shows as not responding until I restart Homeseer..
      Last edited by RAM; February 14, 2016, 07:57 PM.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I looked around and found an older version of mcsTemperature on a thumb drive. It contains the following code snippet. In this version there is no line 1111, but it is likely associated with something about the HS device. Line 890 gets the device reference and line 1110 uses it to get the device object. I really cannot provide any more information until I return home on next Sunday.

Code:
        890           index2 = hs.DeviceExistsRef(SensorDeviceCode(i))
        900           If index2 = -1 Then
        :
        :
        1100          Else
        1110              Set device = hs.GetDeviceByRef(index2)
        1120              If device.dev_type_string = "virtual" Then

Comment

I returned home and found line 1111 to be the following

Code:
          1110              Set device = hsGetDevice(index2)
          1111              If mcsTemperatureDevice(device) Then
          I suspect that the device referenced by index2 is returning null. I put in error traps so it will not abort out with the attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

McsTemperature max.inouts 1-99

Hello Michael,

The new mcsTemperature V6.4.8 solved also for me the object required messages. ok good.

I have the problem that the max.sensors input is 1-99. You say it must be 255. I have use R1-R99 inputs. Can you change this to R1-R255??? inputs.?

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 0cm 0cm 0cm" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"> <TD style="BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND: #dfdfdf; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt" noWrap>9/11/2016 2:15:07 PM fficeffice" /><O></O>
            </TD> <TD style="BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND: #dfdfdf; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt">Error <O></O>
            </TD> <TD style="BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND: #dfdfdf; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; PADDING-LEFT: 2.25pt; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.25pt">DeviceClass error for tw-dump-klep, device code is outside of the range 1 - 99.<O></O>
            </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Regards Piever

Comment

HS2 provides 99 device codes per house code. Multiple house codes are used for a plugin to handle more than 99 devices. For example, the ocelot plugin spans two house codes. mcsTemperature also has two house code provisioned. I see the following in the source

If sensorType < jLED Or sensorType = jRelay Or sensorType = jLightning Or sensorType = jVoltage Then
              sHouse = gBaseCode
              Else
              sHouse = gBaseCode2
              End If

You are welcome to the VB6 source code if you want to make some changes. It has just been too long and I do not have HS2 running to even evaluate changes that may be made.

Comment

source code VB6 requested

Hello Michael,

Yes, I am intrested in the source code vb6 to make changes for me.

If you can post the file, I will download this.

Thanks

piever.

Comment

Provide your email address to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net and I will get it to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X