View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:14 PM
OverSeer

Could also be an exploding capacitor. I have only seen this with Intel motherboards and never a Foxconn.

The exploding capacitor thing usually starts the PC and dies run away.

That said I use one D525 in one car and have an old D470 in the other car.

Would you sell your D525 to me as is? Don't need the case here. Just the motherboard.

I can try to fix it here to replace the current D470 Atom CPU.

I am looking to go from embedded XP to W7 64 bit on the car PC.

Here is a picture of the car PC. Took it out today to run check disk and defrag on it as it's been booting a tad slow.

It uses an automotive style picoPSU and the accessory ignition on to power on and off.

The carpc is now over 10 years old. Entire music collection is on the hard drives. It connects to a bus device and comes up on the car HU menu. It uses Microsoft SAPI and a GPS program (which is better than the automobile GPS).

Name:  carpc.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  310.3 KB

Updated motherboard with a 2550 instead with 4Gb of RAM. If you want to send me the motherboard I can probably fix it here.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.4449

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT

Last edited by Pete; May 2nd, 2018 at 08:25 AM.